Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann A5 e-grip not working properly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceking007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann A5 e-grip not working properly
    Posted: 23 June 2015 at 6:29pm
Hello, I'm new to the sport, I've purchased a used A5 last year which came with the e-grip.  The seller demonstrated the marker for me with no barrel on or paint in and single fire as well as auto modes appeared to work, a few weeks later I got some air and paint and took it out to test it in a field before a match.  I wasn't able to get the marker to work at all and later found out from a local gun smith that he rest the grip to factory default (thinking the previous/original owner had messed up the programming) as it was operating in a test/trouble mode only.  I was happy to have it working but found out at the match that the marker would only fire a single round at a time; I tried everything I could think of to test the auto fire modes but nothing worked.  Over the winter season I did more research but I still haven't been able to get the auto fire modes working; I've opened the grip up to look for damage but the only thing I find strange is I'm not sure how the selector switch tells the board if it's in single fire mode or auto as there are no wires or connections.  Am I missing some piece in there?  The selector switch will only seem to allow the trigger to move or not move but there doesn't seem to be a differentiation between single and burst fire. 

I am able to turn the board on and it'll blink for each mode selected 1,2,3,4,5 but will only fire single fire.

Please help me, thank you.
Iceking007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceking007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2015 at 1:41pm
I feel like an idiot; but I did fix it.....

......very long story short, the replacement parts kit comes with a fire selection switch that doesn't have a magnet; the e-grip requires a magnet so the board knows if it's in burst/auto fire mode.  IMO they should only make one part, less confusion but I am a newb!

Maybe this will help someone else.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic