Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2016 Primaries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2015 at 2:12pm
Finally watched Frontlines story on torture. It terrifies me that democrats condone warrant less searches, torture, bombing and helping over throw governments.
Clinton is a war hawk, that in itself really puts a bad taste in my mouth. I really hope Sanders beats her.

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2015 at 9:22pm
Posts on the Tippmann Forum? I like this.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2015 at 11:11am
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2015 at 4:24pm
At my age and financial situation in November 2016 I will vote for the lessor of BOTH the evils presented. The current crop of idiots across the board are again a poor selection. I am tired of both houses of royalty (Clinton, Bush), who more than likely survive the current political circus, we need fresh ideas folks.

Understand we saw in the 60's and 70's the radicals who had all the answers rise in power, then when in power (politics, business)decided to become the same thing they hated as the reality of a modern world hit them right in the face.

The current state of the nation is shown as more people were interested in the media 'reality show' circus of Confederate Flag and Gay Marriage than the real issues facing America. We are running out of other peoples money to give away, we point at those who pay the majority of taxes as evil, and those who receive the benefits and feel entitled are seen as saints and deserving. There is evil in the world but again we would rather appease and pretend it does not exist (ISIS, Russia, China, Iran, etc) and when we pay for this in the future where will the blame lay as we sell them the means to destroy us.

I am tired of going back to NY and seeing the empty factories along the interstates as the States political policies made these industries and people flee NY. I am tired of Nebraska Oma/Lincoln political policies forgetting the rural base of Nebraska who provides far more economically than Oma/Lincoln (where would Nebraska be without the corn and cattle industries?) Why does my neighbor(large corn acreage) have to have a wind power tower that is more expensive to maintain than the power it provides. Finally why is the wife now going CHAMP VA for her medical care when the President's policy and maybe legacy of inexpensive medical care for all doubled her health care plans monthly premiums. Thank God we had the option and kids are gone. But how are the kids and their kids going to 'afford' this cheaper health care?

As you all have grown, many now with families your political choices should be geared to how it will effect your kids generation rather than give you what you need now, at the cost of what they will end up paying for. That in itself is the crime of American politics.

It is the simple issues around you that should be the base of your decision, not that soap opera in DC and in the media.

Edited by oldsoldier - 13 July 2015 at 4:25pm
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2015 at 1:05am
No, OS, just because I'm in the real world now doesn't mean I'm suddenly conservative.  I am voting for future generations, which is why I am for renewable energy that will be cheaper and better later, rather than what's immediately cheaper now.  That's why I oppose fracking that poisons ground water and support more environmental regulations.  I want my kids to have something left of this planet to enjoy.  That's why I am pro-marriage equality.  If I have a kid who happens to be gay, I want them to have a chance at a happy life free from discrimination.  That's why I support healthcare reform and economic policies that don't tilt the game even more in favor of the already wealthy.  That's why I oppose throwing military force around all willy nilly.  Sure we got rid of an evil dictator, but look where we are now.  So take a good hard look at your political choices and tell me, are you really doing it for future generations?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2015 at 2:59am
Yes, based on the simple fact that I want all you do, to a point, environment is a good cause, my Stepson is also gay so you make a false assumption there as well, but the ability for the future generations not having to 'pay' for all the freebies given out today to those who lack the drive to succeed on their own. And yes I want future generations to have the chances I had, the ability to succeed without being dependent on government for everything, or be called 'evil' rich because they managed to succeed without government. Nothing is 'free' someone has to pay for every healthcare reform, and how much more in taxes will we pay to provide healthcare for those who do not have the self discipline to keep up their own health. Accidents and catastrophic issues different than some overweight, smoker with a heart condition, or someone sticking something somewhere it should not go unprotected and getting some STD.

When you get where I am believe me you views on politics will change as your wallet is on a fixed income, and some rich **edited** from Arkansas with a D on her name wants to take more of my 'pay' and give it to someone else. I earned my retirement, disability, and paid for my Social Security, but I need to pay more so those who feel the need to get all this for 'free' can. All of a sudden the benefit I get from the VA based on my disability rating for my dependents college is 'taxable' so $21,000 last year was declared taxable, thanks Obama and Democrats, fun return and some more money to the government to waste, yet some college kid believes he is entitled to his tuition to be 'free'   These throw me money and I will provide 'instant' solutions to all our problems so far has been a classic failure.

Our country can not figure out how to provide competent medical care for 2.5 million veterans let alone 360million. If it were not for the evil 'rich' we would be Greece right now. If Democrats get their way we Veterans will have to pay or pay more for the post service Medical we were promised in that contract with the government we signed, but certain groups will get their medical care 'free'. So yes I have some dogs in the Nov 2016 elections, and if you read I am tired of the Royal Families of the Bush's and Clintons.

And finally until politicians use the same services they force on the people as being so good, their kids in public schools, their medical as Obamacare demands, only then will I believe either party has the people in mind. And yes I want future generations to enjoy the Planet, but also want those generations not to be totally dependent of government and over regulated by that same government who seems to exempt the 'political' class.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2015 at 9:54am
I love the Startup NY commercials they have now, talking about reduced corporate taxes. I hope more and more companies leave the west and east coast, and those States become absolutely buried in debt.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2015 at 10:42am
Now this is the forum I remember. Big smile
?

BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2015 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Understand we saw in the 60's and 70's the radicals who had all the answers rise in power
No, no we did not. The government shut down or imprisoned radicals.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2015 at 11:29pm
Really check you sources. Tom Hayden for example radical counter-culture in 60's early 70's then Democrat politician in mid 70's. You really need to review your history.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2015 at 9:12am
If anything, as I've gotten older, I've found myself more 'left of center' on a number of social issues.
As far as what November brings, it 100% does not matter, as whomever secures the Democratic nomination will carry NYC and thus the entire state. It is the same with state-wide elections. Nominees and candidates pander to everything south of Rockland county, without giving a whit for the bulk of the state.

The republican field seems to be flooded with a lot of people with half-formed ideas or worn out names, and the Democratic field is Hillary.
?

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2015 at 10:10am
In case you wonder, I'm gathering my info from the Huffington Post Pollster page, which takes a bunch of other national polls and smushes them into one amalgamation of public polling numbers, which is really the only helpful thing we can do right now to make sense of different polling patterns. 

Republicans:

We have our first national polls coming out with Trump leading. It was a Suffolk/USAToday poll that put Trump at 16% and Jeb at 14%. 

Now, here's one big thing to keep in mind with that poll. 

It was simply a polling of "Adults who are Republicans," with the criteria of being a Republican that you say you are a Republican. A lot of polls, as we get closer to the actual primary season itself, will either sample from "LV" or Likely Voters, AKA you know you're going to go vote in the primaries, or "RV," or "Registered Voters" meaning you are legally registered to vote in your district. Both can slightly skew results in weird, weird ways for the dumbest of reasons. Yes, trump finished ahead of Jeb by 2%, but that was just calling All Adults and asking them who they would vote for -- who is to say that those All Adults are legally registered, or will even vote at all. When you look at other polls that ask RVs, you get Bush in the lead, with the only exception being a YouGov/Economist poll, which did as RVs, but asked them online. 

Needless to say, crazies live online. And they answer polls. 

Also in the news, Scott Walker entered officially, despite already polling well without an announcement. It'll be interesting to see if he gets a bump or not. 

Democrats

Sanders is still sitting somewhere around 15% - 17%, aside from one online RV poll (The same one that had Trump ahead of Jeb), which had him all the way up at 24%. Again, online polls. 

I hear people talking a lot about Sanders having huge rallies, but keep in mind that the people who tend to go to political rallies for a leftist candidate -- college students -- are the least likely to go vote in a primary. Crowds are a horrible way to judge support. Granted, he is trending upwards, so we'll just have to see. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2015 at 10:12am
Ugh I told myself I would only use this thread to post stats and such but I cannot help it. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2015 at 10:30am

The current state of the nation is shown as more people were interested in the media 'reality show' circus of Confederate Flag and Gay Marriage than the real issues facing America.

I wouldn't discredit gay marriage as a "reality show" circus. It was a civil rights issue for a lot of people in the U.S., one that had been growing for nearly 30 years now, and one that continues beyond just allowing for legalized marriage. This was a thing that greatly impacted people. 

As for the Confederate flag, I think a lot of what happened around it was hoopla. I completely understand the protests to take the flag down from state government buildings, as they have no right or reason to be flown there, but the overall conversation around it seemed to be lost going into different directions. 

Quote We are running out of other peoples money to give away, we point at those who pay the majority of taxes as evil, and those who receive the benefits and feel entitled are seen as saints and deserving.

The presence and perception of assistance programs in the U.S., as well as the tax rate for corporations, is a complication issue that just cannot be condensed down into these bumper-sticker statements with any kind of accuracy. 

Quote There is evil in the world but again we would rather appease and pretend it does not exist (ISIS, Russia, China, Iran, etc) and when we pay for this in the future where will the blame lay as we sell them the means to destroy us.

Dang, a whole lot of people got included on this list. And I agree with you on almost all of them, although probably not for the same reasons. 

Ok, so like, what do we do about all of those. Because they all have their own issues going on. 

ISIS, yes, they are an evil bunch of people, and I do wish we were more proactive in doing something about them, seeing as we are responsible for them existing to start with. We could be doing more that doesn't require Boots on the Ground. We could be helping to stabilize Syria, which is where a lot of ISIS stages. We could be boosting the other militaries fighting them, like Jordan. And the one thing that would help the most (but is probably the longest shot to solving the problem), bring Iran to the table in helping get rid of ISIS. 

China is the world's biggest polluter. They are dumping the most Co2 and other harmful emissions into the air of any other country on Earth. They have a total lack of environmental regulation, and it's polluting waterways across Asia. Something has got to be done with that, or we're all going to pay the price for it. 

Quote I am tired of going back to NY and seeing the empty factories along the interstates as the States political policies made these industries and people flee NY.

Flee New York, or flee the U.S.? We're not going to be a mass-manufacturing society again. Not when we have to compete with Malaysia, Indonesia, etc. 

Quote Finally why is the wife now going CHAMP VA for her medical care when the President's policy and maybe legacy of inexpensive medical care for all doubled her health care plans monthly premiums.

The short answer is that there are tons of reasons why healthcare costs for some go up. One thing is going to be programs like the over-arching VA system growing to take on more people. The long answer is that other insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, and pretty much every other private medical step in the health care process, have the ability to increase costs at an almost unregulated state. 

Quote Thank God we had the option and kids are gone. But how are the kids and their kids going to 'afford' this cheaper health care?

For them, the costs will most likely be much lower compared to pre-ACA coverage options. 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2015 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

The republican field seems to be flooded with a lot of people with half-formed ideas or worn out names, and the Democratic field is Hillary.

If I were Jeb Bush, I'd be really frustrated with how this is all shaking out. 

Instead of being able to start early-campaigning against Hillary in the primary season, he's got to now separate himself from Trump's numbers and constantly respond to what the rest of the field hurls at him, often times from people who are sticking with anti-ACA and anti-gay marriage platforms. 

You can almost see it in his eyes, when someone asks him about overturning the Affordable Care Act, that he wants to pull out a white board and start explaining how the Supreme Court works. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2015 at 3:19pm
Whale, as you too age and find the reality of wife, kids, work and taxes you will begin to understand the frustrations of many out here. You are young and in your rebellious, I am going to change the world mode, as I was 40 years ago, and 40 years from now you are going to review this time and go what was I thinking.

My concern now being on a fixed income is which political idiot is going to take less of this fixed income to give to someone else far less motivated than I was. I am part of the 'other people's money' the Government seems to enjoy taking to redistribute.

For example for three kids previously I received VA benefits based on my disability for their college education, tax free. April 15 based on some income tax legislation that benefit 'earned', by my service,and not entitled was determined now to be taxable income, so in the research this was a Democrat led snuck in under the radar Tax Law change. I had to write a BIG check to the IRS, and with the fixed income had a dramatic effect to my economy, and she has 2 more years to go. So that Obama claim on wanting 'free' college is total Bravo Sierra, for look what his party did to me, one individual who is 'paying' for one of his kids to go to college, I earned that 'benifit' with blood, tears, and sacrifice all those years ago, not standing on a corner with a sign saying I am entitled to this 'now'.

The wife's health care plan available through her employer (City of Lincoln) has now doubled the premiums on ACA becoming 'law'. So another case of an 'affordable' healthcare law is only affordable to those who get their healthcare paid for by someone else. The wife is now enrolled in CHAMPVA, so her healthcare is now affordable for she gets 100% of her medical needs as part of my VA benefit, not the option we wanted, but the option we can afford under this Affordable Healthcare.

I can actually look at my 2008 tax return, and my 2014 tax return and just based on the percentages I got to keep more of my money in 2008, than in 2014. So I can honestly answer the question, am I better off under Obama, or Bush, I can prove I was better off under Bush as I 'retired' in 2007 and went fixed income. So what can Democrats offer me, higher taxes, on a fixed income, so my incentives to vote Democrat are?

My priority in this election is to vote for whoever will take less of that fixed income to give to someone else, as I am the 'other people's money' that all this perceived 'free' stuff for the less motivated comes from.

You are a journalist and should understand the term 'Maskirovka' when it is applied to politics. Get the compliant media to yell "SQUIRREL" in a room to distract that room from the real problems and get them focused on some meaningless little problem of the moment.

I am just really tired of The Royal Families (Bush, Clinton), and the 'political class' telling us the people how we should live, while they exempt themselves. If public schools are so great, the Political Class kids go to them as well, if Obamacare so good the Political Class is enrolled as well.

I understand Hillary and her promises meaning little as her NY Senate promise was 'forgotten' in her first run. I understand Trump and his ability to fund his whole campaign himself (good thing), his need to speak his mind, not read a teleprompter, cue card based on a focused group tested speech writers words addressing the audience of the night. But I do not see Trump as even close to being my considered candidate.

Here in Nebraska, just like NY, Omaha/Lincoln are the focus, and the 'rubes' who grow the corn, process the beef for the states economy mean nothing in the face of all the entitlement needs of those who sit in North Omaha for example, unemployed by choice (our unemployment rate is around 4% there are jobs available). It is so bad here that we have to import labor from neighboring states as the professional unemployed here in Nebraska demand more in benefits and will not go to where the jobs are. And the Democrat state politicians foster this dependency as a solid voting base. The same mistakes NY made Nebraska Democrats are running headlong to repeat.

40 years from now one of your grandchildren will ask you a question where you know on the outside you will say X, but on the inside you will know the real response, as you look into that mirror of life.

Edited by oldsoldier - 16 July 2015 at 3:50pm
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2015 at 10:10pm
I'm glad I know so many amazing senior citizen leftists who haven't gone to the defeatist seed you think everyone is doomed to. Your experiences cannot be universalized, isn't that supposed to be a lesson you learn as you age?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 12:03am

You are young and in your rebellious, I am going to change the world mode,

Politically I'm much more in the pragmatist mindset -- do the thing that best gets the job done regardless of attached ideologies. 

Quote I am part of the 'other people's money' the Government seems to enjoy taking to redistribute.

Which, you know, should make you angry that corporations often use tax shelters and loopholes to avoid paying their fair share, and in return, more has to be taxed from people like you and me in order to keep things working. Seems like that's a more appropriate target for ire than the working poor. 

Quote so in the research this was a Democrat led snuck in under the radar Tax Law change.

Link me with some info. I'd be interested to read about it. 

Quote So that Obama claim on wanting 'free' college is total Bravo Sierra, for look what his party did to me,

Are you talking about his "American College Promise" plan? The one that deals with subsidizing the costs of two years worth of community college? 

I don't really see what that has to do with some of the things you're talking about here. But, the plan really is a great idea, something that we really need at this point in the country. 

It's important to note that the program does not just pass out checks to students. It mandates that students only receive tuition waivers if: They maintain a 2.5 GPA, they enroll at least half-time in credits, and have to show they are making steady progression toward the completion of a degree. Especially as more states push their community colleges to offer four-year degrees, like they have here in Florida, this means less student debt for those who are often in a lower socio-economic strata to begin with. And it isn't just for your standard college degrees. There are potential incentives in the proposed package that would incentivize trade certificates along with degrees, like automotive engineering. 

I'm a professor now. I can tell you that the number one thing that causes students to leave school, on a consistent basis, is stress about financials -- that they'll be in too much debt by the time they finish that the degree won't be worth it, and that only gets worse when students come from poor families. 

This program is a really, really good thing. 

Quote The wife's health care plan available through her employer (City of Lincoln) has now doubled the premiums on ACA becoming 'law'.  

Was that plan through a private insurance company? 

Quote I can actually look at my 2008 tax return, and my 2014 tax return and just based on the percentages I got to keep more of my money in 2008, than in 2014. So I can honestly answer the question, am I better off under Obama, or Bush, I can prove I was better off under Bush as I 'retired' in 2007 and went fixed income.

I suppose my litmus test for a president goes a bit deeper than which one kept taxes the lowest. 

Quote You are a journalist

I'm a professor. 

A state employee, none-the-less, who has to weather the ideological political battles and shrinking, constantly shifting budgets that come along with a job in education. 

I understand Trump and his ability to fund his whole campaign himself (good thing),

Oh this is a way worse thing than you're giving it credit for. 

Quote Here in Nebraska, just like NY, Omaha/Lincoln are the focus, and the 'rubes' who grow the corn, process the beef for the states economy mean nothing in the face of all the entitlement needs of those who sit in North Omaha for example, unemployed by choice

And do tell, those corn fields and slaughterhouses, what kind of federal subsidies are those getting? 

We're slated to spend about $134 billion over the next decade on agricultural subsidies, farm assistance, and supplemental crop insurance. It's not exactly chump change. Almost all of it goes to corn, soy, beef, and pork. 

That's not to say that agricultural subsides are not bad on face value -- they certainly have their historical reasons to exist in this country. But it also means that you cannot exactly turn up your nose to people who need welfare programs to get by and also extol the gee-shucks nature of the American farm. 

Quote It is so bad here that we have to import labor from neighboring states as the professional unemployed here in Nebraska demand more in benefits and will not go to where the jobs are.

I'd be interested to see if you have statistics to back this up?

Edited by agentwhale007 - 17 July 2015 at 12:05am
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 12:04am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Finally watched Frontlines story on torture. It terrifies me that democrats condone warrant less searches, torture, bombing and helping over throw governments.
Clinton is a war hawk, that in itself really puts a bad taste in my mouth. I really hope Sanders beats her.

Hey look, we agree on a thing. 

(Although Sanders won't actually win, it's nice to think about). 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 12:47pm
Whale I will get you source material as well as citations when I get the time.

The problem as you know is getting by the perceptions rather than the reality. The local farmers are up in arms as they see A and are told B by the State and Federal Government. My next door neighbor already lost money as his crop is going for far less than he put into it. All you got to do is sit by a table at the local breakfast joint and listen to the 'heartbeat' of America.

The tax code is available thru the IRS, I forgot what it was but momma doing or taxes was 'told' it through the tax program she used to do our taxes. Program is VA Chapter 35 http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/resources/benefits_resources/rates/ch35/ch35rates100113.asp
And the tax code stuff I can find is as follows, which did not match what the IRS tax advisor momma called to verify the taxable status of our benefit.http://www.irs.gov/publications/p970/ch01.html#en_US_2014_publink1000178026

You talk of tax differences, what about the standard costs of consumer goods and the difference there from 2008 to 2015 and the root causes of this increase, and the drive to raise minimum wage, yet the unforeseen costs of increased cost consumer goods, and the fixed income people not able to keep up. What is it called again? Law of unintentional consequence?

Again you won't really notice all this until you get here as well, as every month you got to balance the 'fixed' inflow to outflow, and the outflow is starting to way outpace your 'fixed' inflow, dipping into that savings you planned to use way differently, then you will get it.

And I am not the only one at our age playing this 'game', and losing.

Really Whale take a research tour of rural farm America, and just listen, sit in the local and other truck stops and listen to the plight of the owner operator and company drivers, you understand the plight of the student, but what about the parents that provide for those students.
Two local professors did a tour with me to the Squeegie Breakfast joint and listened, then we sat at the Flying J truck Stop and listened over lunch and dinner, and the real liberal who missed out being a hippie female went on the back of my Harley on a Patriot Guard soldier's funeral, and she saw what diversity is all about, did not match her perception of 'Bikers' or 'Patriots' she was teaching. She passed recently and I attended her funeral on my Harley and dressed let's say diversely, and her peers came up to me and asked if I was the one who took her on that tour, and how she changed her outlook after it. Mission accomplished.

Education is great, but sometimes blind to the actual subject taught, and the economic argument I have with a local retired professor is great. He complains about the economy and pay inequity, and I ask him when he negotiated his salary did he go for the best deal and forget the students who pay for his salary and benefits, or a balanced deal he demands others today to accept. He got his, now time to ensure someone else can not do as he did.

Once again the political circus is just that anymore, and we pick the 'clown' who meets our perceptions of need, and will hopefully damage our wallet the least. Hillary, Bush or Trump DO NOT meet my needs.

Edited by oldsoldier - 17 July 2015 at 12:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic