Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2016 Primaries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2015 at 3:40pm
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2015 at 6:36pm
It's great that people who are apparently ok with Trump referring to Mexicans as thieves and rapists are outraged about an actual killer being slightly jilted. :)
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2015 at 7:48pm
Trump was the GOP yelling 'Squirrel" and getting the left to focus on that (and it worked). Never a serious contender, you all should of known that. He just has the intenstinal fortitude to actually say whats on his mind rather than scripted teleprompter other writers points that focused well to the current audience. And many people 'on the inside' agree with him but lack any courage to say so 'on the outside'.

And it is not like Mexico is 'sending' us their best and brightest, well educated, English speaking, job trained, and better off financially immigration candidates.

You all, I hope, have read Mexican Immagration Law and Policies concerning their Southern Border, and they have the nerve to say our policies are too strict and unhumanitarian...really.

Edited by oldsoldier - 19 July 2015 at 9:00pm
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2015 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

It's great that people who are apparently ok with Trump referring to Mexicans as thieves and rapists are outraged about an actual killer being slightly jilted. :)

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2015 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Trump was the GOP yelling 'Squirrel" and getting the left to focus on that (and it worked). Never a serious contender, you all should of known that.

I don't think you'll find a single person outside of maybe some of the people who answered the phone/online polls in his favor who thought he was a serious candidate.

Quote And it is not like Mexico is 'sending' us their best and brightest, well educated, English speaking, job trained, and better off financially immigration candidates.

Mexico isn't sending us anyone though, to be fair. People themselves are escaping areas of crippling poverty and war-zone levels of crime, brought about largely by the Mexican government's inability to provide for its people and control the power of drug cartels.

Quote You all, I hope, have read Mexican Immagration Law and Policies concerning their Southern Border, and they have the nerve to say our policies are too strict and unhumanitarian...really.

Oh, for sure. The way Mexico handles its border with Guatemala is bad thing. And the way they diplomatically speak about the U.S.'s immigration issues is laughable. 

There is a difference between the government and the people, though. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 10:10am
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 10:29am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Trump's up above the 20% mark in an ABC/WaPo poll, but only the last day of polling included his remarks about John McCain, and the last day curbed his numbers sharply. [/URL]

I'm interested to see what shakes out after the first full polling cycle post-McCain statements. 

I think you'll see his poll numbers start to decline this week as McCain failed to take the bait and publicly debate Trump on this which is what I think Trump really wanted. Inflammatory statements will always get you a bump in the nutcase electorate for polling purposes, but so long as McCain lets the issue die quietly (like he seems to have done) it won't have any lasting positive effect on people talking about Trump and his numbers will fall as he fails to get continued media presence from these kinds of remarks.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 10:54am
I liked trump for not having a filter. Refreshing. He's an idiot, but refreshing.

BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

I happen to think killing is... wrong. Kinda like in the commandments thingies conservatives love (in name).
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2015 at 8:37am
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2015 at 8:50am
Oh great another Perot moment in history, just enough to secure a Hillary win.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2015 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Oh great another Perot moment in history, just enough to secure a Hillary win.

The news last night said that "his impact could range anywhere from a Perot to more of a Nader," which made me laugh a little. 
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2015 at 5:16am
Should we start a pool for when Trump decides he's cashed in on the extra publicity and bows out of the race?

I'm thinking January 16.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2015 at 10:56am
Some updated charts! 

Republicans: 

Democrats: 

rednekk98 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2015 at 9:43pm
Update this Whale! 
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2015 at 4:08am
^
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 7:05pm
Updated polls! 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 7:10pm
Thoughts: 

Rs:
I don't think I expected Trump to stick around this long at all. I honestly have no idea when the train ends for his campaign. He's been openly racist, mocked veterans, openly misogynist, and still is running away with it. The ride ends at some point, I just don't know what he has to do to derail it. 

I didn't see Carson jumping so high up, but I suspect he'll drop back down to single digits soon enough as someone else becomes the Good Soundbite Of The Week. Maybe it'll be Ted Cruz. 

Ds:
It's still a one-woman race, but Sanders has made up a lot of ground. More than I thought he would, for sure. I think the big issue with his campaign has been so far, that he's not getting money. Nearly 75% of all incoming Democratic money is going to Hillary. He also scores low for black action -- meaning that unlike Obama in 2008, a lot of minority voters are saying they won't go knock door-to-door, put up signs, etc. 

Will Joe Biden run? I don't think so, but who knows really. 
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2015 at 10:43pm
I've figured it out.  Trump isn't running seriously,  he's the GOP's crash dummy.  They are using him to test positions and statements to see how everyone reacts so they can form their strategy for whoever gets the nomination.  With his new pledge to not run as an independent, it's the only thing that makes sense.  
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2016 at 9:05am
We're a week from Iowa. 

Bernie has caught up Iowa and is gaining movement in South Carolina. 

Trump is still 20 points up. 

I was wrong about a lot of things. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic