What's everyone reading/listening/playing/watching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2016 at 3:36pm
Bill Burr's new show on Netflix, which is named F is for Family is fantastic. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
Shub View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I don’t have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2016 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

I finished listening to The Martian audiobook. It was great. Interesting to see the differences between the movie and the book. The endings are different. The narrator did really well.[

I'm not big on audiobooks, but Amazon offered the Audible version of the Martian for cheap a while back because I already owned the Kindle version. It is a fantastic performance of the book.

Edited by Shub - 22 January 2016 at 1:14pm
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2016 at 2:39pm
So, I gotta say that Gardens of the Moon, the first book of the Malazan Book of the Fallen was sweet. I'm on Deadhouse Gates, the second one now.

I'm really digging this storyline. If anyone's looking for something similar to GoT or anything, so far this series has impressed me.

irc.esper.net
#paintball
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2016 at 9:35pm
Stephen Fry is the closet homosexual TV guy from V for Vendetta, he also voices "Lord Stag" in "Lily's Driftwood Bay" (which is a good pre-school cartoon). Dude does a bit of everything.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2016 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Robocop if you enjoy audio books and like the HP universe the version read by Stephen Fry is really good. Dunno if your library has them but you can down load them.

Is he the one that did the original audio books way back when? If so, he's GREAT.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2016 at 6:24pm
Watching The Leftovers, and pretty stoked the new season of Shameless started.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 10:12pm
Book 4 was my favorite, then the movie disappointed me. I wish they would release a mini movie of the world cup. I was so excited for that, then it was cut out as soon as the game started.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 7:58pm
I started up the Harry Potter series again. I'm in the same boat as you, Robo. I stopped at book 4 around the time it was new and never tried again. I tell you, I used to be a BIG HP fan when I was younger. Rereading the book is taking me back.

It's also a super weird thing to read directly after A Clockwork Orange...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 6:01pm
I plan to do the Harry Potter audiobooks at some point. I stopped reading them when I started the fifth book. Never went back to finish them.
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 4:11am
Robocop if you enjoy audio books and like the HP universe the version read by Stephen Fry is really good. Dunno if your library has them but you can down load them.
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 12:18am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Finished reading Thunder in the Mountains: The West Virginia Mine War and it's an excellent read if you're into the lesser-known history of the US. Basically, due to the actions of mine operators in the late 1800's and early 1900's, a shooting war was started in the hills of southern WV and culminated in an all-out pitched battle on Blair Mountain complete with machine-gun nests, artillery pieces, and aerial bombing campaigns against US citizens.

It's actually a pretty important part of history that a lot of people today forget. Less than 100 years ago, a bunch of blue-collar workers armed with pistols, rifles, and shotguns basically took over half of an entire state, commandeering trains, automobiles, and entire towns, and likely would have defeated the national guard, state police, and federal forces if they had been more coordinated with a single, solidifying leader.

I guess they were more organized than the group taking over a wildlife refuge?
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2016 at 7:21am
Just read Clockwork Orange. Hoo whee. That one was a wild ride. Movie did a great job from what I remember. Been a while since I've seen it, though.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2016 at 7:21am
Finished reading Thunder in the Mountains: The West Virginia Mine War and it's an excellent read if you're into the lesser-known history of the US. Basically, due to the actions of mine operators in the late 1800's and early 1900's, a shooting war was started in the hills of southern WV and culminated in an all-out pitched battle on Blair Mountain complete with machine-gun nests, artillery pieces, and aerial bombing campaigns against US citizens.

It's actually a pretty important part of history that a lot of people today forget. Less than 100 years ago, a bunch of blue-collar workers armed with pistols, rifles, and shotguns basically took over half of an entire state, commandeering trains, automobiles, and entire towns, and likely would have defeated the national guard, state police, and federal forces if they had been more coordinated with a single, solidifying leader.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2016 at 10:18pm
I finished listening to The Martian audiobook. It was great. Interesting to see the differences between the movie and the book. The endings are different. The narrator did really well.

I found The Hobbit audiobook today. Will start that tonight. I'm glad the library has a lot of audiobooks.

I find reading to be too static? I have a hard time reading and not start thinking of other things, then realizing I don't know what I just read. Being able to drive, work on other things, doing puzzles, or cleaning and lubing the paintball gear while listening to a book really helps me keep attention to the book. I was curious how I would react to listening to the book because listening to the priest at church also makes me start thinking of other things.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2016 at 9:12pm
Wife bought me "What If?" By Randall Munroe (xkcd) for Christmas.

Fantastic read, absolutely hilarious.
?

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2016 at 11:46am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

I want that ebolt 98! I can't believe you have one!

He's actually got two. See the second e-bolt "in the bright" sitting outside of the second M98 towards the top right?

I've got one as well, but the old board was effed up and stuck on "reactive" mode. I did the DMLCD mod with it and it works, but I'm actually looking to swap that board out for a DM4 board now that they're easy enough (and cheap enough) to come by. Just need a new set of clamshells, a double trigger, and the board and a QEV for the back end to allow faster operation.

Dang... TWO!

I saw one on local craigslist for $40... Looked brand new, I called and it was gone already. 

It would be fun to mess with one! 
They tremble at my name...
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Just picked up Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson. I need some epic series to read and someone recommended Malazan Books of the Fallen.

Music, been listening to a bunch of local bands, Doc Watson, etc. 

If you like fantasy, I really enjoyed the Dragon Prince/Dragon Star series (serii?) by Melanie Rawn.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2016 at 1:30pm
Just picked up Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson. I need some epic series to read and someone recommended Malazan Books of the Fallen.

Music, been listening to a bunch of local bands, Doc Watson, etc. 

irc.esper.net
#paintball
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2016 at 9:32am
I wish. My screen name is the result of a middle schooler dreaming. 13 years later and I'm no where close to that lol.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2016 at 7:49am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

I want that ebolt 98! I can't believe you have one!

He's actually got two. See the second e-bolt "in the bright" sitting outside of the second M98 towards the top right?

I've got one as well, but the old board was effed up and stuck on "reactive" mode. I did the DMLCD mod with it and it works, but I'm actually looking to swap that board out for a DM4 board now that they're easy enough (and cheap enough) to come by. Just need a new set of clamshells, a double trigger, and the board and a QEV for the back end to allow faster operation.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>
  Share Topic