Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What's everyone reading/listening/playing/watching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2017 at 7:36am
Almost done with Deadwood season 3.  Given a 'heads up' that Sneaky Pete is really good, so that is my next show to watch.
pblegend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pblegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 8:33pm
Currently watching the new season of 100. Wasn't really too into this show at first but it seems to improve with every season.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 8:02am
Got done with Sneaky Pete last week.  Very good show, I recommend it!  Have moved on to Shameless into the second season.  It is really a different show.  It's like a car wreck.  You can't but help watch after a couple of episodes...
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 8:40am
I was happy with Sneaky Pete also. Shameless is one of my faves.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 8:46am
I'm finally on the last friggin' book of Malazan Book of the Fallen- The Crippled God.

It's been a ride, that's for sure. 10 books, 9000 or so pages. It's taken me over a year, and I'm a little sad that it's coming to an end. 

irc.esper.net
#paintball
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 7:48am
I just started reading Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace yesterday, if any of you are familiar with that one. I'm not sure what to expect.

irc.esper.net
#paintball
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2017 at 8:59am
Started getting into Hand of God with Ron Perlman.  Put that on hold and almost done with Iron Fist.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2017 at 3:55pm
Netflix dumped a bunch of shows I watch recently. House of Cards, F is for Family, Flaked. Orange is the new Black came out yesterday, not too stoked seeing as last season's was weak. Also need to catch up on Better Call Saul

Edit: Forgot about Bloodline.

Edited by impulse418 - 10 June 2017 at 5:36pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 8:03am
Saw Dunkirk this weekend, I suggest it.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 9:48am
Starting the Dark Tower series before I see the movie. Really enjoying the first book.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 10:59am
Been watching GLOW on netflix. Marc Maron is AMAZING in it.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 8:09pm
Binge watching The Office
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2018 at 10:33pm
Watched the miniseries Waco. Which was on the Paramount Network (formerly Spike)

Netflix wise I recently finished Wild Wild Country, which is about a cult in the 70's and early 80's that I never heard of. Who was enmourmous and powerful. 

Flint Town: About Flint, MI

Recently got Hulu, watched the first two seasons of The Path. Fictional show about a cult.

The Looming Tower: Hulu original based on the book, which is about the rise of Al-Qaeda. The show is pretty solid, but does the book an injustice. The book really gets into the history of Wahhabism and were it all started. 

Showtime: Finished Shameless. Billions just started, and Homeland is about half way through. Which is absolutely fantastic this season. Nails the alt right and Russian involvement perfectly. 
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2018 at 10:48pm
Best show on Netflix right now is Norsemen.  I rewatched the entire first season last night.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 8:35am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Watched the miniseries Waco.

I recently finished Wild Wild Country, which is about a cult in the 70's and early 80's that I never heard of.

watched the first two seasons of The Path. Fictional show about a cult.

That's a lot of cult-watching.... is there something you need to tell us? I mean, I'd know if you were still on FB......
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 6:37pm
I'm either starting a cult or pyramid scheme. I wanna be rich.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 8:52pm
Binge watching Trailer Park Boys. Love that accent eh.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 11:47am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

I'm either starting a cult or pyramid scheme. I wanna be rich.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 10:09pm
Watching: Final Space. In the absence of Rick and Morty, it's pretty good. Different show, but quite fun and dark at times too. They straight up offed a fan favorite character in ep 6 with no qualms about it.

Which, in turn, turned me onto Sol Seppy's "Enter One" which is playing in that particular scene. The chorus is haunting as all getout.

Edited by tallen702 - 10 April 2018 at 10:13pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 11:15pm
What platform is that show on?

All I know, is that real shows are thankfully back by the hundreds. And no more reality TV like in the early 2000's.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>
  Share Topic