Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What's everyone reading/listening/playing/watching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 9:16pm
I'm on a Faye Wong kick Heart

Edited by BARREL BREAK - 04 June 2018 at 9:17pm
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

The New Jim Crow is very good, can't recommend it enough

Same. It's an excellent book. 
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

I'm on an Elle King kick.

Alt Nation had a small acoustic concert featuring her about two years ago. It made me quit liking her.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 4:03pm
Started 11.22.63, which they use a time portal to go back and try to prevent Jack's assassination. Hulu original.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Started 11.22.63, which they use a time portal to go back and try to prevent Jack's assassination. Hulu original.

How is it? That is something I'd get into.

I'm currently watching Trailer Park Boys waiting for Man in the High Castle to return

Also I have become an Office junkie.
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2018 at 11:26am

Originally a Stephen king novel. I liked the Hulu series, however I enjoyed the book quite a bit more.
Imagine there’s a picture of your favourite thing here.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2018 at 6:08pm
I'm watching Sons of Anarchy now. On the finale of season 3. Pretty fun show, if you don't take it too seriously. To me, it's a currently-set Spaghetti Western.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 12:14am
Just found out about Puddles Pity Party last night.  Planning on seeing him when he comes to town.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 6:50am
Started season 2 of Goliath on Prime. Also bought Minions on prime seeing as my SO lost the DVD and they removed it from Netflix. Cry
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 10:02pm
Been reading "Dancing Bears" which is about how some people long for life under communism despite it being so horrible. Getting ready to read Metro: 2035 after I finish that up.

Listening to a metric crap ton of "Big Country" ever since I found a pristine copy of their debut album at a vinyl record shop. I loved them as a kid for the unique sound but lost my copy of "The Crossing" somewhere before I really started appreciating music. Holy crap were they good. Sounds and techniques that were so very ahead of their time and some great source material as well.

<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2018 at 8:31pm
10 episodes deep into The Age of Napoleon which is uh a podcast about Napoleon and the world he inhabited and shaped. Pretty good.
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2018 at 9:01pm
Watched the first 3 episodes of Castle Rock on Hulu.  Produced by JJ Abrams, based on Stephen King's work.  I'm diggin it.  
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2018 at 7:24pm
Metro: 2035 was good, like, really good.

Just got a ton of new-old-stock stuff for the jukebox and am getting ready to watch "Super Troopers 2" with the wife I'm sure it won't live up to the original, but I kind of have to see it.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2018 at 9:35pm
How was Super Troopers 2?

Been watching Who is America with Sacha Baron Cohen, and the new season of Better Call Saul.

I really don't have any interest in starting the new season of Orange is the new Black.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2018 at 9:53pm

How was Super Troopers 2?

Been watching Who is America with Sacha Baron Cohen, and the new season of Better Call Saul.

I really don't have any interest in starting the new season of Orange is the new Black.

Good actually. Better than I expected. Not quite as good as the first one, but still rather enjoyable. Definitely some laugh out loud moments. Nothing new or groundbreaking, just the continued adventures of your favorite VT Highway Patrol troop. The beginning sequence is a bit *meh* but once it's out of the way, it's a fun flick.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2018 at 5:01pm
I was late to the game on watching Parks and Rec. I'm on the 5th season now, and I have to say it's one of my favorites.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2018 at 12:40am
FOOSBALL!
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2018 at 7:47am
I've crossed the 100-hour mark in Stardew Valley. 

I have a problem. 
Apu View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2018 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I've crossed the 100-hour mark in Stardew Valley. 

I have a problem. 
Looks like an interesting game, though if it's that addictive I probably want to steer clear right now, haha. I'm already horribly addicted enough to playing Magic The Gathering as it is (probably the most difficult and most mentally stimulating game I've ever played, especially since moving to the competitive world in the past several years) and if it would hook me the way WoW did, for example, the idea scares me! LOL
I need a new Sig...
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2018 at 7:02pm
Everyone's excited for football, I'm excited the new season of Shameless starts tonight.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>
  Share Topic