Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What's everyone reading/listening/playing/watching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 12:14am
Excited for the new season of Homeland.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 2:22am
Got me some Sony MDR-1A headphones. These things are a gift to humanity. As for music, I'm pretty much in love with Devin Townsend at the moment.

Edited by DeTrevni - 06 October 2016 at 2:23am
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 2:31am
Still reading this goddamn Malazan Book of the Fallen series. Currently halfway through book #8, Toll the Hounds. Still loving it, but with two books left, I'll either feel relieved or lost once I'm done with it.

I've been thinking about re-subbing WoW for the the first time in a few years, but ehhhhh. Been down this road before. No other game feels so much like getting back together with an ex or something. It might sound good from time to time, but there's surely a reason it ended. I mean right? Right?! Oh lord.

irc.esper.net
#paintball
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2016 at 12:32pm
Finished Goliath on Amazon prime. Started the Untold Story of The United States on Netflix. Pretty interesting, would like someone's else opinion on it. Made it past WW2 so far.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2016 at 11:08am
This season of The Flash, Gotham, The Walking Dead and The Blacklist.  In between, I'm re-watching Vikings.

Edited by StormyKnight - 27 November 2016 at 11:09am
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2016 at 11:10am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Finished Goliath on Amazon prime.  
How was it?  Did you like it?  Fan of BBT.   Wondered if it was any good.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2016 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

Finished Goliath on Amazon prime.  

How was it?  Did you like it?  Fan of BBT.   Wondered if it was any good.

I liked it a lot.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2016 at 5:17pm
I started going through the seasons of American Horror Story.  Besides that, I've been reading a lot regarding the potential/upcoming changes in healthcare with the new political landscape.  That, and an exciting Ermm... textbook on operations management in healthcare for the first class I'm taking towards getting an MBA.  
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2016 at 11:47pm
I've been going through American horror story as well, pretty freaky
Imagine there’s a picture of your favourite thing here.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2016 at 8:25am
I'm trying to read "Team of Teams" by Gen. Stanley McChrystal for work, but it's a drag so far. I'm alright with management concept books so long as they're engrossing and don't take a bunch of pages to explain what is, fundamentally, a simple concept, but when they drag a concept out for the sake of filling pages, it irks me. Yes, case studies are good, but if the book's entire premise can be summed up in the introduction, I don't think it's necessary to add in an extra hundred pages for the sake of illustrating basic concepts.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2016 at 5:05pm
Westworld is pretty good. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2016 at 11:56pm
Forgot to say, bought an Xbox. Came with battlefield, and also picked up GTA. Haven't touched battlefield yet, GTA is awesome!
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2016 at 6:32am

Forgot to say, bought an Xbox. Came with battlefield, and also picked up GTA. Haven't touched battlefield yet, GTA is awesome!

Been thinking of picking one up after the holidays. Let me know how you like it compared to the last generation of systems.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2016 at 9:15am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Been thinking of picking one up after the holidays. Let me know how you like it compared to the last generation of systems.

Other than the resentment of having to do an update and create a profile (forgot mine) before even able to play, I like it so far. Most notably that it is quieter and you don't have that giant power box like the 360 did. Hopefully the reliability is far greater than the 360's.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2016 at 10:08am
I just finished Storm Front, the first novel in the Dresden Files series. Having read a pretty good amount of fiction, I think this may be the worst piece of offal I've ever suffered through. I may type an extensive review out when I get to a real keyboard if I can be bothered.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2016 at 4:25pm
I'm thinking about either getting an WiiU because used games are about to get really cheap, or waiting and getting a Switch, because I think it looks super duper neat. 
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 8:19pm
So, picked up a bunch of vintage vinyl LPs from an antique shop the other day. Been listening to them quite a bit.

"Born in the USA" is hands-down one of the best damned albums of all time and I will fight anyone who says otherwise to the death.

Seriously. I never owned it on tape/cd/mp3/whatever. Sure, I heard singles on the radio as a kid growing up in the 80's, but holy cow is that a great album when it's played in its entirety.

Synchronicity is also a great one that I picked up for cheap.
RenegadeGopher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Renegade of Funk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RenegadeGopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2016 at 4:51pm
Grand Tour, Amazon Prime. (Top Gear). 

Vidya Games:
League of Legends
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2016 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by RenegadeGopher RenegadeGopher wrote:

Grand Tour

That thing has been a real disappointment so far. 
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2016 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

So, picked up a bunch of vintage vinyl LPs from an antique shop the other day. Been listening to them quite a bit.

This gets addicting fast.

My girlfriend got me Velvet Underground - Loaded for Christmas. Such a solid album.

Edited by Benjichang - 13 December 2016 at 11:00pm

irc.esper.net
#paintball
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>
  Share Topic