Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 tombstone question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoJive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 tombstone question
    Posted: 20 August 2015 at 9:41am
After using nothing but Spyders, I finally bought my first Tippmann,  a used A5.  This has the Pro Team Intruder expansion chamber/foregrip.  When I first attempted to screw the CO2 tank on, I had a pretty good leak around the tombstone area.  I did some research, bought a repair kit, and replaced all the o rings in the valve/power tube, including the one at the tombstone.  That was late last night, and I have not tested it again to see if I did fix it. 

But here is my question:

It seems like that tombstone  o ring fits flush in the valve, so I do not see how it can seal against the tombstone.  I also have a little bit of play there, aka the tombstone does not seat very tight (from what I have read this is normal).  How in the heck does that area seal?

Sorry if that is a stupid question, but I am a recovering Spyder owner...
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2015 at 9:49am
Have you checked the o-ring between the gas line and  tombstone itself?? That may be your problem with the leaking.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

NoJive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoJive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2015 at 10:14am
I did check that, and it looked a bit "flat" I guess you could say, so I changed it out.

Like I said, I haven't tested it yet.  It was very late, and I'm at work now.  Just couldn't see how the toumbstone would seal.
NoJive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoJive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2015 at 12:49am
Update! Aired up the gun, and it works great. It seems once it is under pressure, I have zero slack in the tombstone. The RT trigger is fantastic BTW!
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2015 at 8:52am
GTG! Enjoy the marker. Think about upgrades, a better barrel, double stack squishy paddles and HPA. Also, polish the internals, YouTube has lots of "how to's" about that.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic