Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 RT Problem with Remote Line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wish4Night876 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 RT Problem with Remote Line
    Posted: 15 November 2015 at 7:21pm
Hey Guys, first post here!

Anyway, I just got back from the local paintball field and was having problems with my RT.  Brand new A5 with RT, new Ninja Remote Line with Slide Check.  Hooked everything up, no leaks, seemed to shoot fine in semi-auto but RT was having problems.

While using the RT the marker would shoot 3-4 balls in succession then would stop.  I would then have to rack the slide in order to shoot again.

After getting back home I hooked the tank up directly to the gun, RT works perfectly fine.  Obviously it's something with the Remote Line, I'm just not exactly sure.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2015 at 6:51am
The first thing that comes to mind is that the remote line's on/off is partially blocking the pin-valve on the tank when it's screwed fully in to the "On" position. We had this issues at my shop back in the early 2000's with some of the ASAs on remote lines back then. The fix is pretty easy. Turn the knob on the remote line all the way to the "on" position, then back it off 1/4 to 1/2 turn. This still allows for optimal air flow, but reduces the risk of the actuator in the remote on/off from potentially blocking the airflow from the tank.

Give that a try first and let us know if it fixes the issue.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2015 at 11:03am
Also, RTs like liquid CO2. Your remote may be acting like an expansion chamber and allowing the gas to expand. Seeing as how it is cold out now, that might be the case.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic