Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fallout 4 and other stuff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fallout 4 and other stuff
    Posted: 15 November 2015 at 7:56pm
One of the bennies of being down and injured is my increased game time. I have the PC version and Troop (son) who lives with us now with his kids due to his impending divorce has the PS4 version, we are having fun in our competition. I am doing quite well, built up 'Sanctuary' as my base of operations, General of Militia, and Initiate Brotherhood of Steel. Still having reaction issues but fast enough to stand my ground.

Love this version even though it does overload my system and stutter gets bad after about and hour of play.

I am still painting my miniatures. We have a group that now does 'Bolt Action' in 15mm instead of buying all new 28mm stuff we just use our extra FoW 15mm figs and vehicles.

Three weeks into this, still no VA ortho apt, barely mobile, more than likely I broke something in artificial knee but I do get out now and then due to cabin fever. Went to a college hockey game Saturday night, god I hate getting old, my hockey days are over, now MX, what next?
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2015 at 9:19pm
I love me some fallout.

I'm a level 11 I think. I spend more time looking for copper to upgrade my pipe gun than anything else it seems.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2015 at 11:23pm
It is a hoot. I have a serious cache of 'stuff' at 'Sanctuary' Have an upgraded 'sniper rifle' renamed M-700 as my primary. Pop in sanctuary now 15, good food production, power, water, new buildings, perimeter defenses, Good to go there. Network set up so supplies coming in, you know the rule...logistics first.

Working on modding power armor, got 2nd whole suit in cache for my human companion, when I let Dogmeat go, keep the dog till you got to venture further south, finds all the good stuff for ya.

BTW guessing mayor of diamond city is a synth...if you have not figured it out, guessing most of security staff as well. Just too much bad juju there.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2015 at 11:11am
No spoilers OS!

Are buildings necessary? I spent a while building one, but it seemed like a waste of steel. I'm just going to lay bedrolls out as I see fit.

I need better guns. Synths are annoying to kill.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2015 at 1:11pm
With buildings and settlements your 'wealth' increases as trade becomes a big factor in acquiring modern weapon systems. Pick one area and create a Base Of Operations, and get settlements 'allied' to you, great things begin to happen.

20,000+ wood
14,500+ steel
2500 copper
tons of other build materials

all due to the trade network.

Edited by oldsoldier - 16 November 2015 at 1:11pm
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2015 at 3:05am
This is the first fallout I really got into and played a fair amount. I will say the start I was massively frustrated and stuck against this one boss, but once I got past that things have been pretty good.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2015 at 9:47pm
Got my eye on Carla and Preston as well, suspect synth deep cover recon as I build up Sanctuary they seem over interested in certain things and how I am building up. Carla never leaves with her trade caravan, and not a lot to sell, and Preston spends a lot of time by the bridge defenses.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2015 at 9:55pm
OS, please don't be a jerk and ruin the story line for me.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2015 at 10:10pm
OK, have fun just beware. Also another glitch in game ID'd. Power Armor pieces will 'disappear' if damaged and dropped off in battle in certain areas.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2015 at 10:17pm
I don't like the whole Fusion Core bit. Because they deplete so quickly I almost never use power armor. I used armor for the first time tonight on the BOS quest where you go through the satellite array.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2015 at 10:56pm
Do your recon and assessment of areas without Power Armor, save it fo needed applications. I have military helmet and body armor, does what I need. I only use power armor if and when situation looks iffy. I also use my modified hunting rifle upgraded to 'sniper' and renamed M-700, engage at distance unseen since not in power armor.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2015 at 2:50am
I have Sanctuary running with about 11 people or so. Have a few other, smaller places around the map as well. I haven't found a weapon that I love just yet. I have a massive garden growing, so getting adhesive won't be too bad when I decide to start modding.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2015 at 10:14am
Good to hear you are still painting and playing OS.  I just finished 3 of my platoon of Pz IV H's.  Driving my wife crazy because she knows I will hide them in our mini Christmas village.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2015 at 10:23am
I am overwhelmed in painting. Rebasing FoW stuff on pennies for our 15mm mod of Bolt Action, rules all the same except movement halfed rounding up. Our 15mm BA 'league' is only early and mid, no late war. I have almost finished my E/W French, have Western Desert British and Afrika Corps just about done, and my E/W and M/W Soviets done. Also my 15mm BA 'Vietnam' forces are in the works since FoW Vietnam died here so had to do something with all the figs.

We got our annual FoW 'Tanksgiving' coming up, fielding a late war 2000pt Soviet Tankovy hoarde.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2015 at 10:52am
Me too, too many tanks and figures to paint, no time to do it.  I have been working with airbrush and q-tips for my German cammie jobs on the IV's.  I like the ease of using the q-tips and gives a great "field camouflage" paint job even when I use the cheaper Michael's paints.  
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2015 at 11:35am
Ever seen a field 'paintjob' done by a couple of PO's privates in the motor pool? I love to make my vehicles look 'used' and beat up, I even break and bend things as tanks have a habit of bumping into trees and such in the field. These guys that museum paint vehicles? Really?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2015 at 1:49pm
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2015 at 6:00pm
Loving Fo4, and I like that Power Armor actually requires finite resources, I almost never wear it, which makes sense for a scavenger society.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2015 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Ever seen a field 'paintjob' done by a couple of PO's privates in the motor pool? I love to make my vehicles look 'used' and beat up, I even break and bend things as tanks have a habit of bumping into trees and such in the field. These guys that museum paint vehicles? Really?

My dad particularly complained that M60 bipods would get stuck and damaged on branches.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2015 at 8:57am
Found Shaun can not get to him my level too low, can't get by security lock out. No spoilers but not what I expected, kinda expected due to time passed.

Edited by oldsoldier - 20 November 2015 at 3:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic