Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

x7 phenom, bad egrip?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtrizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x7 phenom, bad egrip?
    Posted: 26 December 2015 at 7:43pm
i cant seem to reset my x7 phenom. just got it for christmas and i messed with the fire rate settings in the advanced menu, but wanted to bring it back to factory settings. board will not reset. held the button for 10 sec than released it and all it does is change the fa mode. tried 15 seconds, 20 seconds, nothing. also when i try and change the fire rate of the fully auto mode in the advanced menu, and when i get into the fire rate menu, the red light blinks 30 times pause than blinks 30 times again than goes back to the main menu green flashing led. i thought it only shoots from 8-15bps. whats with the 30 flashing pulses? shouldnt it flash 8-15 flashes to let me know wat the current firing rate is? why in the hell is it flashing 30 times. i am so lost. the manual is a piece of trash doesnte even explain anything. need help. i have followed the manual to the T and nothing seems to work. now when i try and change the fire rate again, it just flashes red and wont change, no matter how many times i pull the trigger 8-15 times, it wont accept it.

Tippman lost my business. This gun goes in the trash next garbage day. I knew tippman wasnt a high end brand, but a DOA egrip right out of the box. lost my business for life. trash. live and learn. you get what you pay for.

Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2015 at 1:19am
You can call the toll free number and one of Tippmans techs can help you over the phone. If they cant, they will probably have you send the marker in for repair.

No need to be so dramatic. A free call can easily help.

jtrizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtrizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2015 at 1:24pm
And i have to pay to ship to them right? I just got it less than 24hrs ago? Hows that my problem now? Just going to return it to store. Hopefully i can. If not than its going in the trash. Not spending money to get a brand new low end marker fixed. Rather put that towards a real marker.
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2015 at 4:15pm
If they determine that the error of the board is on their end, they usually provide a prepaid shipping label. Tippmann is world known for their excellent customer service.

Also if you think that by spending more on a marker it is going to give you less of a headache to repair or be harder to break, you are in for an unpleasant surprise.

Good luck.

jtrizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtrizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2015 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

If they determine that the error of the board is on their end, they usually provide a prepaid shipping label. Tippmann is world known for their excellent customer service.

Also if you think that by spending more on a marker it is going to give you less of a headache to repair or be harder to break, you are in for an unpleasant surprise.

Good luck.

i am starting to think that the manual provided isnt the correct one for this year. it says 10/08 is the revision of the manual.. thats almost 6 years ago. i think they changed the menu around since than didnt update the manual. i tried calling but it just kept saying please wait for the next available rep. pretty sure they were closed. waited for 2 hrs than hung up
jtrizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtrizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2015 at 8:04pm
the rate of fire menu goes to 30. did the update the gun to fire 30bps? looks like they did if the lights flashing are indeed correct. i tried putting in a lower value of 15 and it wont accept it.
jtrizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtrizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2015 at 6:50pm
Okay so turns out tippmann updated the manual and are using all the old manuals before they ship the new ones.

****NEW PROCEDURE FOR FACTORY RESET*****

1. Turn marker into safe mode
2. Hold down the program button for 2 seconds, than while still holding down the program button flip to FA mode. After 10 seconds the gun will do a light show orange, red green twice than restart.

The rate of fire menu has also changed. The new increment values are by .5 no 1. so 8bps is 16 red light blinks,9bps is 18 light blinks etc... 15bps is 30 light blinks.

This should help someone else who may have been tearing their hair out.

Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2015 at 7:37pm
Glad you were able to figure it out.

Good Luck and have fun!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic