Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TPX with E-Grip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Like a mad scientist, but with Tippmanns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TPX with E-Grip
    Posted: 25 January 2016 at 10:03pm
Hi,
here my newest Project.
Iīm Close to finish for a run with Co2 and some reballs !!!

... Pics in 1024x... and a short vid of testing the Trigger Switch:

HD Pics

Vid

Thanks for watching !!!

Spyder

Edited by spydercam - 25 January 2016 at 10:08pm
I like Tippmann !!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2016 at 6:16pm
NICE!!!!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2016 at 8:51pm
Clever, I love the video.  I would have never thought of that!
Imagine there’s a picture of your favourite thing here.
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2016 at 10:41am
Thanks !!!

Here some fresh pics:

I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2016 at 12:23pm
New Vid.

Test with HPA
I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2016 at 7:25am
Here the newest vid. Shooting some reballs !!!

TPX E-Grip shooting some reballs

Iīm Close to finish !!!
I like Tippmann !!!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2016 at 7:59pm
awesome!
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 7:25pm
New plan !!!

Cause i did thought i bit longer about how do it saftly i came to plan B which is better and more safe for the valve body, safer by using a file a small round one ca. 3.5mm Diameter). I taped surface to protect her and you feel if you got contact with tape without getting scratches.

Here i took some pics of file work on the first of three longholes. Pretty easy if your trained a bit and pretty quick too cause soft alu material. Also cheaper than a mill drill !!!

Coming closer to test if ...

Pics in max size: My Webpage
I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2016 at 6:40am
OK i finished the 3 Longholes and i drilled some holes in the area of the gasline drills. Some i hope itīs enough room to get 280 fps by using HPA. Would be a great upgrade for my rifle Setup with back ASA:

The holes have a Diameter of 3mm and are deep ca. 2x 2,5mm, 1x 7mm, 1x 12mm so i hope this is already enough room to get 280fps !!!

Edited by spydercam - 28 July 2016 at 2:11pm
I like Tippmann !!!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2016 at 10:31pm
Any videos of it firing paintballs?
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2016 at 2:17pm
Sorry no i donīt have any videos so far testing the valve. My next gameday is next Weekend but there i go make a vid at chronystation so you can see the result of making room !!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpydercamPaintball

As soon i got post !!!

Edited by spydercam - 28 July 2016 at 2:17pm
I like Tippmann !!!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2016 at 10:39am
Nice videos!  I like the winter game, looks a little chilly! 
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2016 at 8:24am
Thanks, yeeaahhh it was nice fresh powder snow(ca. 20cm) cause it was pretty cold, but positve your clothes wonīt get wet cause of the cold snow and air !!!
I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2016 at 6:41pm
So iīve tested with D.I.Y. Valve and the fps didnīt went much better so iīm pretty shure the Reg. is a bit to weak. After i increased fps the first shoot was 290fps so the volume should be already fine so i did that:

Build a shim(0,5mm) for the spring pressure, shortend the Piston(2mm) cause at max fps Position the end cap hits the Piston so no movement and i replaced the pressurereliefvalve spring by a bolt so it stayīs closed !!!

After my next gameday i can tell you more about the results at chrony Station !!!
I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 8:48am
Here i modified my Spool cause i got the information that the Spool of TCR is different !!!

Hope this is already enough room for my fps Goal !!!
I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2016 at 4:59pm
So i have tried last gameday one Magazine and i had 4 shoots around good 260fps and 3 shoots over 270fps and i used my Phenom Barrel.
I think it could be more fps if the Paint is bigger and prefect round or a more Slim Barrel with round balls also would help !!!

I will go on make more room !!!

Iīm not hapyy to see this: Valve TCR for ... (... It is also a backwards compatible upgrade for the Tippmann TiPX. It has improved airflow over the TiPX's stock valve and can help increase your FPS (feet per second).)

So you Need to spend ca. 70€īs to upgrade your old TPX which was sold with HPA-Adapter to use HPA, but didnīt told that you canīt get high fps by using HPA. So iīm not a happy as TPX buyer anymore and since Tippmann belong to this bigger Company the Service went to Zero Quality !!!

I wonīt spend cash for this better wait for the TiPX that will come with that from factory or wait if Tippmann overs a free Change by buy a TiPX and also make old owner happy too !!! I still like my other Tippmannīs but the TPX since i own her iīve never been very happy with her cause i donīt like CO2 Cartriges(cold is evil for grease).

I go tell what happend after next test !!!

I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 5:45am
Here i did some after works !!!

The Spool is now more Slim made by a round file. Inside the Valvebody i drilled some not deep holes and one deep also shortend the Exit of the spool direction Powertube(the crown Thing in the middle). At the EndCap i filed a bit cause i canīt lock this Piece in my drillmashine !!!

My next gameday will be this saturday after i go tell what happend !!! ;)
I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2016 at 5:17am
Here my results:Test at chrony Vid.

The paint iīve used for test was bad(very small and unround) around 1-2 mm space in the Barrel + eggs, thatīs why very high fps jumps !!!

So i donīt go mill or file something for the next test, i only use a much smaller bored Barrel i think my smallest one is my 688 AA Back.

What bore size does the TCR got ? May less than a Phenom or TPX Stock Barrel ???
I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2016 at 8:20am
So i did whatīs possible with my Tools !!!

Used a drill to drill and mill a bit more inside the valvebody. The EndCap is now more Slim and also the spool is more Slim. For the final test i go use my smallest and longest A5 Thread Barrel, AA-Back 688 and 20 Tactical Tip.

If ... i may go sell my TPX !!! :rolleyes:
I like Tippmann !!!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2016 at 12:59pm
Gee, imagine what you could do with the proper tools.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic