Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FT-50 Rental Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamkristrammell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FT-50 Rental Question
    Posted: 25 March 2016 at 12:01pm
I work for a paintball business and we recently switched to the FT-50 and we are having some issues with the guns and I am not familiar with the components in these guns.

One of the issues is I can be shooting the gun and it will shoot fine for a few shots then it will sound like it is trying to shoot twice at once. I cannot figure out how to repair this issue.

Another issue is that sometimes the gun will shoot like it is running out of air. It is not out of air and the tank is on correctly.

At the moment these are the two issues I cannot fix. Any ideas?
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2016 at 8:01pm
Are you using CO2? Maybe try a remote line if the airline is getting too cold and the CO2 isnt expanding to gas fast enough.

iamkristrammell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamkristrammell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2016 at 8:03pm
No, I am using HPA. Sorry, should have mentioned that.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2016 at 7:33pm
Check the output pressure of the HPA tank's reg. If it's below 800psi output, it's not going to play nice with a blow-back marker like the FT series.

Only other thing I can think of is that a sear is worn, that could cause something similar, but that's unusual unless you're seeing a LOT of use out of that particular FT-50. Lastly, it could be a worn or missing striker o-ring. That would allow blow-back gasses to escape too early in the firing sequence. I'd start with that, and then check the sear, lastly check the bottle's output.

The internals are basically a simplified inline configuration built off of the 98 components, so there's not much to go wrong.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic