Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TCR air leaks and other ailments

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nzballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TCR air leaks and other ailments
    Posted: 01 May 2016 at 4:57am
hi guys any input would be welcomed

so I've owned my tcr for about 1 month now. just recently though, the markers been making squelching noises when shot and when i go to adjust the velocity on the dial, air rushes out of the remote line adapter, this is all on air by the way. so when i opened the marker up i found that the o-ring from the rear of the breach block, was tangled up in the mainspring. i placed the ring back were it should go and the marker still made the noise and leaked, when i opened it again the ring had became tangled once more. 
any help is greatly appreciated 
thanks guys 
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Like a mad scientist, but with Tippmanns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 6:51am
Hi,
so if your TCR is pretty new i think you donīt want to sand the ares inside a bit where the bolt moves !?!?
May if you screwed the screws to tight looose them a bit it will help against the Sound that was on my TPX(same Valvesystem) too.
Iīve sanded my cause if you screw i together to softly screws can get lose or lost onfield !!!

Does the air rushes through the remote or just in that area ???

Iīm pretty shure itīs the pressure relief valve, the screw for is in the same Position like the one you use for adjust the velocity but itīs a smaller wrench.
If your marker has home temperature turn it max. right(just to the end Position, no strong force needed), than adjust the velocity and finally turn the screw left slowly till it leaks and than turn it back 1/4 turn(thatīs for safty, if the internal pressure gets to high itīwill leak).

I use grease to glue that O-Ring at the breach for Assembling cause if itīs not in right Position things happen like it happend to you !!!

So now itīs your turn again !!!

I like Tippmann !!!

Nzballer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nzballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 1:57am
thanks man so iv'e pulled apart all the insides cleaned them, I've reset the adjuster screw in the velocity valve. but now the air leaks around the trigger area

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Like a mad scientist, but with Tippmanns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 6:19am
Mmhhh Trigger area ... could be everywhere inside !!!

I think may itīs an O-Ring at the gasline(Very small get easy damaged use enough oil to fit them in with low force). If you had this dissconnected !!!

The Punturevalve should be OK iīve never seen Trouble with it, may if the co2 cartriges are shorter than they should so it canīt seal !?!?!

When i dissasemble my one i take out (valve with bolt, Regulator, gasline and punturevalve) all in one Piece so i donīt have to fit in the O-rings each time ! I let the Barrel installed so i can fix the breach when opening the Shell and also push the safety button to have less trouble. I know itīs not a plessure to do this but your getting better each time(i did that may 100times in the last monthīs cause building the E-TPX)

Edited by spydercam - 02 May 2016 at 6:38am
I like Tippmann !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic