Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gun Stuff- may have located my White Whale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gun Stuff- may have located my White Whale
    Posted: 09 May 2016 at 8:07pm
So my Grandfather had an antique rifle he got from his Great Uncle back in high school (1940-something), it was probably an Army bring-back of his from the Plains Wars. It was stolen in 2009 or 2010. Anyways I look for it at gun shows, and think I missed it by a day because a collector of the same type of rifle had met a guy at the next local gunshow after the theft who had no idea what he had, was asking too little for it and was actually asked to leave for acting weird. Anyways, the police were notified, homeowners insurance paid for it, I forgot about it, until about a half an hour ago. I was searching Armslist and notice people actually post their serial numbers, decided to google the serial number and model and lo and behold it was purchased from an auction an hour away about a year after the theft, and a guy on The Firing Line was asking about the history of the weapon and posted the serial number, This rifle was in the family since the 1860's/70's and has been lost and recovered at least once before. It's a "non-gun" so difficult to trace, but what a glimmer of hope. Just wish I saw the post five years ago. 
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 10:42am
Nice. I hope you track it down.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 3:25am
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Nice. I hope you track it down.

Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic