What'd you do today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2016 at 8:59pm

irc.esper.net
#paintball
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2016 at 10:03am
Gotta be able to hit those check boxes for the government and public opinion each year.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2016 at 6:45pm
So, I was supposed to be going to the N. Branch Potomac near Barnum, WV for whitewater rafting this weekend, but instead, I got called down to one of our other units for the next two weekends to bail out a manager whom I've NEVER liked. She's weak, **edited**y, sucks at managing a work crew, and is LAAAAAAZY.... She's needed to be sacked for some time, but they keep giving her second chances because she's in an area of the country where it's difficult to find good help. Now she's sat back and not done any recruiting over the summer and has been caught short for the school year. It's a TINY account, and if I were in her shoes, you'd better believe they'd either fire me, or expect me to cover any missing shifts until the proper people could be found to flesh out the crew, but no. I'd better get a frikken raise out of this....
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Tallen, what milsurps are on the block? I just acquired a TTC. Waiting on Sarco to replace the broken firing pin.

Austrian Steyr M95/34 All Matching
Chinese Type 53 All matching
Russian M44 All matching but the bolt

You have your C&R license?

Нет

Hope you only have to skim off the top. Milsurps are my favorite.

You interested in any of them? NB4 "No Selling on the Tippmann Forum!!!!"

Strike 2, no selling on the forum!

Sorry, the Steyrs never interested me and I already of mosins
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 3:33pm

Tallen, what milsurps are on the block? I just acquired a TTC. Waiting on Sarco to replace the broken firing pin.

Нет

You interested in any of them? NB4 "No Selling on the Tippmann Forum!!!!"
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 2:44pm

Нет

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 1:40pm

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 11:01am

Edited by SSOK - 09 September 2016 at 11:01am
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 10:26am
Bummer- Had a PSC (posterior subcapsular cateract) form on my Left eye (dominant eye) in the period of 8 days. Looking through a dense 'cloud' and can not focus. Had NCOWS 3 Day Cowboy Action Shoot this weekend, now can't participate as I can not see. I shoot the hand guns both eyes open, but rifle left handed, shotgun at 7 yards not an issue LoL. Stomped on desk till got into VA yesterday, 2 weeks till surgical eval, and 4-6 till actual surgery, 99% chance we are good to go post surgery.

I hate getting old....................
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

What are all those fancy new icons? Embarrassed

Awww hell.... there goes the neighborhood....
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2016 at 10:10pm
What are all those fancy new icons? Embarrassed
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2016 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

I installed my Geiselle Designated Marksman trigger on my AR tonight.  Holy crap this thing is friggin nice!  I don't have a scale so I have no idea what the pull weight is, but I set the 1st stage pretty light, I'd guess 2 pounds maybe.  The 1st stage is set by physically bending the trigger springs with a pair of pliers so its nowhere near an exact science.  The second stage is probably around half a pound.  I measured it by using my extended index finger to take up the first stage then tapped my finger with a hex key to break the 2nd stage.  Can't wait to get her to the range this weekend.

I am considering a trigger for my AR 556.  I am very interested on how the install went as well how it performed at the range.

The install was easy, took less than an hour to figure it out and tune it.  I have never taken apart an AR lower before, just to give you an idea of my skill level.  After consulting a couple of youtube videos, I made short work of it.  The directions are pretty easy to follow as well.  I didn't make it to the range this weekend, got caught up in other things (golf, House of Cards, Bass Pro Shop).  We're planning a caribou hunt this weekend up near Chicken, so I won't be able to get to the range this weekend either.  I'll let you know when I do though. 
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2016 at 4:07pm
I talked to the guy we're staying with in Dallas.  He's my wife's 2nd cousin or something and a member of the swat team in a town down there.  I asked if there was a range down there where we could shoot my AR thinking I might be able to get some range time on the PD one he gets to use.  He told me to leave my stuff at home and we can shoot his issued M4... with the fun switch!!!... and his suppressed SBR.  I'm going to have a smile plastered on my face for months if it works out.  

Oh yeah, and the Texas state fair is happening while we're down there.  

I'm going to be pissing red white and blue
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2016 at 10:51am
Went to the MD Ren Fest over the weekend. That's what the wife wanted to do for her birthday celebration. Bought her a Kindle 6 as her present and then we went and drank beer, at fried foods on sticks, and (I) gawked at the enormous amount of cleavage. Got our son his first sword too! It's wooden, of course, which is good because he likes holding it by the blade. The pommel is made from alphabet stacking blocks.

The rest of the weekend went downhill. Car's transmission is definitely getting ready to crap out, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Subaru of America will defray at least some of the cost. It's $2500 for a new torque converter and solenoid valve body assembly. I can't afford that per-se, but I can make it work even though we will only be eating ramen noodles for dinner for the next year if that's the case.

Just waiting for my post count to get high enough on a local firearms forum to post some B/S/T ads for some milsurps I'm not using anymore. Hopefully that will absorb some of the cost as well.

Edited by tallen702 - 06 September 2016 at 10:54am
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2016 at 10:38am

I installed my Geiselle Designated Marksman trigger on my AR tonight.  Holy crap this thing is friggin nice!  I don't have a scale so I have no idea what the pull weight is, but I set the 1st stage pretty light, I'd guess 2 pounds maybe.  The 1st stage is set by physically bending the trigger springs with a pair of pliers so its nowhere near an exact science.  The second stage is probably around half a pound.  I measured it by using my extended index finger to take up the first stage then tapped my finger with a hex key to break the 2nd stage.  Can't wait to get her to the range this weekend.

I am considering a trigger for my AR 556.  I am very interested on how the install went as well how it performed at the range.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2016 at 4:11pm
Suck it out with those ear squeegee clean out blue things. That's what I do.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2016 at 12:09pm
Where was it?
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2016 at 10:55am
I found the milk. 

JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2016 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

I'll be married in a week!
Awesome man, gives you roughly six days to get out of the usa.  Kidding, that is great, hope it's a great day and a great marriage for you and your new wife  Thumbs Up
Imagine there’s a picture of your favourite thing here.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2016 at 8:57pm
I'll be married in a week!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic