What'd you do today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2016 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I got some more milk to replace the lost milk. 

I am covering an adjunct's class for them, because they were biking into work and their front wheel fell off. 

I hope they're ok, but my lord would I laugh if I saw that.  

I bought the first textbook that I was genuinely happy to buy.  The Excel 2016 Bible. 
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2016 at 2:44pm
I got some more milk to replace the lost milk. 

I am covering an adjunct's class for them, because they were biking into work and their front wheel fell off. 
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2016 at 11:11am
I love my Geissele trigger, well worth the money. I have also been looking at the Fostech trigger that fires on the pull and release. Might have to get another lower and install it.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2016 at 9:12am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

I installed my Geiselle Designated Marksman trigger on my AR tonight.  Holy crap this thing is friggin nice!  I don't have a scale so I have no idea what the pull weight is, but I set the 1st stage pretty light, I'd guess 2 pounds maybe.  The 1st stage is set by physically bending the trigger springs with a pair of pliers so its nowhere near an exact science.  The second stage is probably around half a pound.  I measured it by using my extended index finger to take up the first stage then tapped my finger with a hex key to break the 2nd stage.  Can't wait to get her to the range this weekend.

I refer to those as "Dr. Seuss Triggers." Spelling's a bit different, but the pronunciation is the same.
They managers and EDM workers pronounce it "Guyz-lee" at the plant.  We have a box of defective/rejected triggers in our shop in Pine Brook.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2016 at 7:48am
I'm going to spend this afternoon showing a Subaru technician how to diagnose a bad torque converter on a Legacy 2.5i Premium. Apparently they "can't replicate the customer's issue" which means that they didn't follow my directions of making a hard stop from speed on an incline. I'll likely be able to replicate it without even leaving their lot. If that's the case, I'm going to do it, and then mic-drop the keys. Basically the TC isn't unlocking at low RPMs after a sudden stop. That means stalling at low RPMs towards the end of the stop.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2016 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

I installed my Geiselle Designated Marksman trigger on my AR tonight.  Holy crap this thing is friggin nice!  I don't have a scale so I have no idea what the pull weight is, but I set the 1st stage pretty light, I'd guess 2 pounds maybe.  The 1st stage is set by physically bending the trigger springs with a pair of pliers so its nowhere near an exact science.  The second stage is probably around half a pound.  I measured it by using my extended index finger to take up the first stage then tapped my finger with a hex key to break the 2nd stage.  Can't wait to get her to the range this weekend.

I refer to those as "Dr. Seuss Triggers." Spelling's a bit different, but the pronunciation is the same.
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2016 at 1:41am
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2016 at 11:51am
^ Underpants gnomes have diversified?
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2016 at 11:04am
Woke up at 7 a.m. and realized I somehow lost the milk I had purchased the night before. 

On the way home from work last night I stopped by a Walgreens and got a quart of milk. This morning, that quart of milk was not in the fridge. I looked around the kitchen and the rest of the apartment, then went to search the car in case it rolled out of the bag somehow. I cannot find it anywhere. It is a mystery. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 31 August 2016 at 11:04am
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 9:03am
Sunday was another MX day for us. I don't race anymore so I am the manager, pit crew, organizer, and mechanic for my 2 grand girls as they are racing now.

65cc Mini class (to include 110cc 4 stroke machines) Grand daughter Zoey the oldest got 1st over all, a student of Saddletime Ceresco, Emma got overall 2nd, and Grand daughter Lilly got overall 3rd. Was a great day for 'Team Saddletime'. And it is far harder and exhausting to 'run' the team than actually race, got home and passed out before dinner.

Keeping busy is the key. Once you stop living, all you are doing is starting to die.

Edited by oldsoldier - 30 August 2016 at 9:04am
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2016 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

I have a phone interview this morning with Sysco. I hate phone interviews.

Good luck! Remember, be a psychopathic, self-driven, independent mother effer when it comes to their online personality screening. They want people who work fine on their own and don't need lots of support or praise.

Finally one I don't have to lie on Tongue

Phone interview has been resechuled. I did go camping with a few hundred of my ethanol challenged friends this weekend though, had a pretty good time.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2016 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Good luck! Remember, be a psychopathic, self-driven, independent mother effer when it comes to their online personality screening. They want people who work fine on their own and don't need lots of support or praise.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2016 at 9:36am
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2016 at 7:55am
^ Free Monaaaaaaaay!!!!!!! Nice!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2016 at 6:39am
I got admitted as a non-degree business student.  Basically, all you need is a 2.75 gpa and you can take any graduate class that doesn't have a prereq.  It's limited to one semester though.  

So I'll take the GMAT in a few months and have to reapply.  

The advisor I talked to suggested I do it this way to take advantage of the tuition reimbursement my work offers.  If I would have skipped the fall semester, I would have lost out on 4 grand.  As long as I get a B or better in these classes, I'll get all the tuition cost back when the classes are done.  
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 6:18am
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

I got admitted into graduate school and plan on taking the GMAT exam this winter to get into an MBA program.  I got a fire lit under my butt to do something when the one other 30 year old male I worked with moved to Arkansas for PA school.

Wait, you got admitted BEFORE taking the GMAT or GRE? That seems backwards for some reason.

Anyway, good luck! Now's the time to get it done. I wanted to go back, but then I got all involved in things like work, marriage, fatherhood, etc. If I do go back for a Master's or PHD, it won't be until my kid(s) are old enough to cook their own damned mac & cheese for dinner. I simply do not have the time or money right now. Wish I'd gone back sooner.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 7:45pm
I got admitted into graduate school and plan on taking the GMAT exam this winter to get into an MBA program.  I got a fire lit under my butt to do something when the one other 30 year old male I worked with moved to Arkansas for PA school.

The university that I got my undergrad has a great business school, and all their MBA programs are "flexible" scheduled.  Every class meets once a week in the evening.  Plus, they offer a healthcare administration focused degree which is perfect for me.  I'm excited... and a little terrified.
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2016 at 3:49pm

Bought a new car.  Keeping the truck for bad weather and off-road adventures.

ETA: This is the first new car I've bought for myself and I'm pretty excited.  I bought my last 2 used thinking that it would be nice to save the money and let someone else eat the depreciation.  And it was.  However, while the other guy(s) ate the depreciation, I was left with a feeling of anxiety not knowing what had happened to the cars in their previous lives, how they were cared for, or what sort of issues were lying just below the surface that would leave me stranded.  After my truck's CEL came on for the 3rd time in the last 2 years since I bought it (it's a 2005), I decided it was worth the extra few thousand for the peace of mind.  So I pulled the trigger on a totally reasonable and responsible car, the 2016 Focus ST pictured above.  Also, the 253 hp, turbocharged 2.0, 6-speed, big brakes, and Recaro seats will make my commute much more enjoyable Big smile.  The other thing this will allow me to do is replace my Colorado's head (which caused the CEL) myself as well as install the 4-inch lift myself without worrying about running into gremlins that would otherwise keep me off the road.  Also the focus gets 32 mpg highway so it's environmentally responsible as well.

Edited by Eville - 21 August 2016 at 1:40am
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 8:25am
I inherited an old bike from the previous owner of our new place, it's in pretty decent shape, got some tubes for the tires, lubed it up.  It's surprisingly light for an older bike, I quite like it compared to my new bike.

Edited by JohnnyCanuck - 18 August 2016 at 8:30am
Imagine there’s a picture of your favourite thing here.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 2:14am
Noted.

irc.esper.net
#paintball
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic