What'd you do today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2016 at 9:18am
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Edit: my GF tagged along because she wanted to. She was nervous about being the only girl and it was 60% female

Sounds like the hunter safety course I went to a few years ago to get my hunting license. 60% women looking to either start hunting, or use the course as the prerequisite class time for their handgun purchasing permit. Never saw more pink camo in one place in my entire life.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2016 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Hairball!!! Hairball!!! wrote:

Acquired my motorcycle license thru the MSF.

Funny, I went and got my motorcycle learner's permit yesterday. I'm signed up to do a course that runs Thurs-Sun.

It's fun. Very non judgmental and excellent if you have never sat on a motorcycle before. The class time was somewhat pointless. My state offers it free so I'm going to sign up for BRC2 and maybe ARC if I ever get a bike

Edit: my GF tagged along because she wanted to. She was nervous about being the only girl and it was 60% female

Edited by SSOK - 19 July 2016 at 8:49pm
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Strike #4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2016 at 7:30pm

Funny, I went and got my motorcycle learner's permit yesterday. I'm signed up to do a course that runs Thurs-Sun.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2016 at 7:34am
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2016 at 9:12pm
Went to my first adventure motorcycle group ride thingy. Ended up breaking a rib. Bye bye HSA account.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2016 at 9:43am
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

Flew back to LA from a conference in Wisconsin, nice place.

Meh... it's alright here.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2016 at 2:16am
I had my local gun shop order me a Smith and Wesson M&P9 Pro Series 5. I want to get into run-n-gun shooting. After a load of research, I feel 9mm in production division will be the way to go. I'm excited for it. Next I'll be looking into belts/mag pouches/holsters. Then reloading equip.

And this will all still probably be cheaper than a "tourney level" paintball setup...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2016 at 1:07am
Flew back to LA from a conference in Wisconsin, nice place.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2016 at 9:46am
I would love to visit your neck of the woods one day. Mostly Gettysburg and the Smithsonian museums.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2016 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

I have to get down to PG county to visit a friend of mine who's a firefighter down there

Firefighter in PG? What is he, a masochist? PG is soooo laughably underfunded compared to the surrounding counties that you kind of have to have some sort of self-loathing to work as a first responder there.

That said, apparently PG has a great shooting center. Trap, skeet, 5 stand, and sporting clays right next to Goddard Spaceflight Center.

Give me a heads up when you come down. This way again. It'd be fun to finally meet face to face. If you want to head south to visit Antietam or the Monocacy, we could meet you there, or we could drive to G'burg as well. Restaurant selection is better in Frederick and Hagerstown. Or we could even meet half-way in Westminster. Cool college town with some killer restaurants and pubs.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2016 at 7:04am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

My wife and boys and I spent a few days on the Gettysburg battlefield

Oh, Sure... 40 minutes from where I live and you don't even try to get in touch with me.... Jerk...

Never mind the fact that I was out of town from the 2nd until yesterday evening, you still should have shot me a PM....

We didn't know we were going until last minute to be honest, and this was a 'test the water' trip for us as an entire familial unit- the last time we'd gone on vacation, our youngest hadn't even been born yet. Next year, we're planning on spending more time down there, and I have to get down to PG county to visit a friend of mine who's a firefighter down there....so we'll have to schedule a meet up for sure. Provided you're not out of town again. Smile

Edited by Reb Cpl - 10 July 2016 at 7:05am
?

deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2016 at 3:12pm
I put in a new, gas counter top stove. I hope I don't blow up...
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2016 at 9:37pm

My wife and boys and I spent a few days on the Gettysburg battlefield

Oh, Sure... 40 minutes from where I live and you don't even try to get in touch with me.... Jerk...

Never mind the fact that I was out of town from the 2nd until yesterday evening, you still should have shot me a PM....

Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 11:50pm
Congrats on the retirement Johnny!
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 9:31pm
Got back from my first real vacation in four years. My wife and boys and I spent a few days on the Gettysburg battlefield, and I might be getting back into reenacting after three years out of it. My oldest son is starting to show a little interest, so we're going to feed it a little and see where it ends up. 
?

JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 7:24pm
My wife and I have officially retired; I had a seizure (epilepsy) Christmas 2014 and had 3 months off work and lots of time to reflect on how great life is. During this time my awesome dad passed away and it cemented how life can slip by so fast so we decided to bump up our plans.  It was tough as I had a great job in the oil-patch, employee owned and the best job I've ever had; my position was application engineer for the gas compression side of our company.  My wife also had a great job, however she loves the Island and the laid back pace of life there so she was game   We are moving to Vancouver Island which is truly a slice of heaven, and we are leaving Friday, we are renting a place on Kye Bay  - http://www.kyebay.com - for the rest of the month while we look for a place in Comox.  Happy Summer!

Edit - Post of my Dad, playing his 1959 Gibson J45; I have this guitar now.:

Edited by JohnnyCanuck - 06 July 2016 at 7:40pm
Imagine there’s a picture of your favourite thing here.
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2016 at 4:01pm
Got my 300 WSM zeroed at 100m yesterday.  Only took 20 shots and a very very sore shoulder.  At a mere 6.4 pounds before the scope, that thing kicks like a something that kicks really really hard.  I'll be investing in a recoil pad.  
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2016 at 1:29pm
Bachelor party coming to a close after a weekend in Miami and Key West. Was a successful party.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2016 at 10:24am
DFW area.  They live in Lewisville.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2016 at 4:48am
Yo, where in Texas, PCF?
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic