Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What'd you do today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 2:54am
I went to an Andrew W. K. show. Absolutely amazing.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2016 at 2:48am
Can I touch you?

Got some decent glass on my hunting rifle.  Went with a Leupold VX-R 4-14x40mm, 30mm tube, Ballistic Fire Dot reticle.  I don't know how spot on the ballistics markings will be since 300 WSM is not one of the calibers listed in the manual, but if it's way off, I've always been more of a Kentucky windage guy anyway.   

Here's my pickups from the last week

Taurus Model 65 .357

Tikka T3 300 WSM

Benelli Nova 12ga.

I also hiked Mt. Baldy here in Eagle River

Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2016 at 12:21pm
What caliber, Impulse?

Edited by Ceesman762 - 29 June 2016 at 12:22pm
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2016 at 12:40am
6.5 😃
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2016 at 1:43am
very nice
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2016 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

80% lower? I'm so sorry you live where you live that requires that. Speaking of...

Got some trigger time on my Sig MCX. They were right, the stock trigger is pretty horrendous. Have been looking at upgrading to a Geissele SD-C

Primary arms has all Geissele products 25% off through July 4th
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2016 at 10:25pm
I'm back after I locked myself out of the forum by trying to change my email address after I saw I was a mod.  Horray!  Thanks papa tallen.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2016 at 10:43am
Dammmmmmmn it. I got impatient and ordered a gessiele trigger directly from them a few weeks back. But not mad, worth every penny and got a sweet swag bag.

Now I'm deciding whether I want to go mil or moa, and which scope. Leaning towards either the Vortex Razor HD II or Night Force ACTR. Also the math involved with calculating ballistics really makes me wish I had paid more attention in school, because I have always struggled with math :(

Another mod?! We need an uprising! Join me fellow plebs! ( I won't uprise if I get my third star Wink )
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2016 at 7:58pm
I'm getting unreasonably excited for my October trip to Texas.  We have a "free" (a few cases of beer and some sausage) place to stay for the week with some of my wife's favorite family members.  The guy... her 2nd cousin or something... is on a swat team down there and I'm hoping I can convince him to take me to a range... or drive a bearcat.  
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2016 at 11:32pm
Woke up to find a napkin under my wiper asking to buy my car, waiting for the kid to confer with his dad and call back. Asking 8k non-negotiable, either I get paid or I keep driving my sweet car, win/win.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2016 at 4:48am
Yo, where in Texas, PCF?
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2016 at 10:24am
DFW area.  They live in Lewisville.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2016 at 1:29pm
Bachelor party coming to a close after a weekend in Miami and Key West. Was a successful party.
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2016 at 4:01pm
Got my 300 WSM zeroed at 100m yesterday.  Only took 20 shots and a very very sore shoulder.  At a mere 6.4 pounds before the scope, that thing kicks like a something that kicks really really hard.  I'll be investing in a recoil pad.  
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 7:24pm
My wife and I have officially retired; I had a seizure (epilepsy) Christmas 2014 and had 3 months off work and lots of time to reflect on how great life is. During this time my awesome dad passed away and it cemented how life can slip by so fast so we decided to bump up our plans.  It was tough as I had a great job in the oil-patch, employee owned and the best job I've ever had; my position was application engineer for the gas compression side of our company.  My wife also had a great job, however she loves the Island and the laid back pace of life there so she was game   We are moving to Vancouver Island which is truly a slice of heaven, and we are leaving Friday, we are renting a place on Kye Bay  - http://www.kyebay.com - for the rest of the month while we look for a place in Comox.  Happy Summer!

Edit - Post of my Dad, playing his 1959 Gibson J45; I have this guitar now.:

Edited by JohnnyCanuck - 06 July 2016 at 7:40pm
Imagine there’s a picture of your favourite thing here.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 9:31pm
Got back from my first real vacation in four years. My wife and boys and I spent a few days on the Gettysburg battlefield, and I might be getting back into reenacting after three years out of it. My oldest son is starting to show a little interest, so we're going to feed it a little and see where it ends up. 
?

Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 11:50pm
Congrats on the retirement Johnny!
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2016 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

My wife and boys and I spent a few days on the Gettysburg battlefield

Oh, Sure... 40 minutes from where I live and you don't even try to get in touch with me.... Jerk...

Never mind the fact that I was out of town from the 2nd until yesterday evening, you still should have shot me a PM....

<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2016 at 3:12pm
I put in a new, gas counter top stove. I hope I don't blow up...
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2016 at 7:04am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

My wife and boys and I spent a few days on the Gettysburg battlefield

Oh, Sure... 40 minutes from where I live and you don't even try to get in touch with me.... Jerk...

Never mind the fact that I was out of town from the 2nd until yesterday evening, you still should have shot me a PM....

We didn't know we were going until last minute to be honest, and this was a 'test the water' trip for us as an entire familial unit- the last time we'd gone on vacation, our youngest hadn't even been born yet. Next year, we're planning on spending more time down there, and I have to get down to PG county to visit a friend of mine who's a firefighter down there....so we'll have to schedule a meet up for sure. Provided you're not out of town again. Smile

Edited by Reb Cpl - 10 July 2016 at 7:05am
?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic