Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What'd you do today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2016 at 9:36am
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

I'm currently hoping my city doesn't get burned to the ground this week.

Well, in all fairness, you'd need the Packers to get shut-out as well for the WHOLE city to burn....
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2016 at 10:30am
(well, yesterday). 

Pistol Pete did some 3d printing for me on my TCR, so I'm trying to find a shroud I like for it... 
pic of it with the Stryker MP2 Elite shroud on it for giggles. 
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJJKLBxAVTg/

I sold a ZoomCam system to another paintballer looking for more views on youtube. 

My biggest video is now over 1,500,000 views. and My channels are closing in on 4 million views with 28,000 subs. (I'm an official "youtuber" now. checks and all). 

Put in 3 rows of tile in my new master bath closet area. Knee was hurting so bad I had to quit for the day to ice it... Getting old sucks. 

Got in my new TV for the master bath, need to run wires for it today as well. Trying to decide if I want to run a HDMI to the bedroom so I can steal that signal from my satellite box and not pay for another box per month... I think I will...
They tremble at my name...
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2016 at 10:31am
Waiting for people to not need the jumbo-copier for a while so I can print off my syllabuses for the children. Classes start Thursday. 
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2016 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Classes start Thursday. 

A fact I am not really looking forward to here. My nice, cushy two and a half months is about to be suddenly and painfully disrupted almost overnight.
I think some of our guys are already counting down the days until the first break.
?

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2016 at 1:32pm
We already started back last week. Not students, but faculty and staff. Students start next Tuesday officially and this Thursday as far as orientations go.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2016 at 2:45pm
My most difficult decision is $1200 Kawasaki or try to find a Sportster for a decent price.
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2016 at 12:47am
Scheduled a new car test drive for tomorrow: Fiesta ST and Focus ST.  Leaning towards the Fiesta for commuting fuel economy and small car tomfoolery, but the Focus because, just maybe, I will need the extra interior room.   
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2016 at 8:15am
I'll be glad when school starts. Maybe it will curtail the shenanigans that have been going on since June.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2016 at 3:13pm
I discovered last weekend that dudes got shafted in our clothes-comfort coefficient value:

The girls were having a clothes exchange, I thought it would be funny....I swear!

Today: Gotta drive up to Cleveland to play a gig with this country band. (Old country, I should mention. Chick singer. Fun times.)

irc.esper.net
#paintball
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2016 at 3:43pm
I'm not sure that pink is your color. I say give a summery light blue a try.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 2:14am
Noted.

irc.esper.net
#paintball
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 8:25am
I inherited an old bike from the previous owner of our new place, it's in pretty decent shape, got some tubes for the tires, lubed it up.  It's surprisingly light for an older bike, I quite like it compared to my new bike.

Edited by JohnnyCanuck - 18 August 2016 at 8:30am
Imagine there’s a picture of your favourite thing here.
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2016 at 3:49pm

Bought a new car.  Keeping the truck for bad weather and off-road adventures.

ETA: This is the first new car I've bought for myself and I'm pretty excited.  I bought my last 2 used thinking that it would be nice to save the money and let someone else eat the depreciation.  And it was.  However, while the other guy(s) ate the depreciation, I was left with a feeling of anxiety not knowing what had happened to the cars in their previous lives, how they were cared for, or what sort of issues were lying just below the surface that would leave me stranded.  After my truck's CEL came on for the 3rd time in the last 2 years since I bought it (it's a 2005), I decided it was worth the extra few thousand for the peace of mind.  So I pulled the trigger on a totally reasonable and responsible car, the 2016 Focus ST pictured above.  Also, the 253 hp, turbocharged 2.0, 6-speed, big brakes, and Recaro seats will make my commute much more enjoyable Big smile.  The other thing this will allow me to do is replace my Colorado's head (which caused the CEL) myself as well as install the 4-inch lift myself without worrying about running into gremlins that would otherwise keep me off the road.  Also the focus gets 32 mpg highway so it's environmentally responsible as well.

Edited by Eville - 21 August 2016 at 1:40am
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 7:45pm
I got admitted into graduate school and plan on taking the GMAT exam this winter to get into an MBA program.  I got a fire lit under my butt to do something when the one other 30 year old male I worked with moved to Arkansas for PA school.

The university that I got my undergrad has a great business school, and all their MBA programs are "flexible" scheduled.  Every class meets once a week in the evening.  Plus, they offer a healthcare administration focused degree which is perfect for me.  I'm excited... and a little terrified.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 6:18am
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

I got admitted into graduate school and plan on taking the GMAT exam this winter to get into an MBA program.  I got a fire lit under my butt to do something when the one other 30 year old male I worked with moved to Arkansas for PA school.

Wait, you got admitted BEFORE taking the GMAT or GRE? That seems backwards for some reason.

Anyway, good luck! Now's the time to get it done. I wanted to go back, but then I got all involved in things like work, marriage, fatherhood, etc. If I do go back for a Master's or PHD, it won't be until my kid(s) are old enough to cook their own damned mac & cheese for dinner. I simply do not have the time or money right now. Wish I'd gone back sooner.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2016 at 6:39am
I got admitted as a non-degree business student.  Basically, all you need is a 2.75 gpa and you can take any graduate class that doesn't have a prereq.  It's limited to one semester though.  

So I'll take the GMAT in a few months and have to reapply.  

The advisor I talked to suggested I do it this way to take advantage of the tuition reimbursement my work offers.  If I would have skipped the fall semester, I would have lost out on 4 grand.  As long as I get a B or better in these classes, I'll get all the tuition cost back when the classes are done.  
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2016 at 7:55am
^ Free Monaaaaaaaay!!!!!!! Nice!
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2016 at 9:36am
I have a phone interview this morning with Sysco. I hate phone interviews.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2016 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Good luck! Remember, be a psychopathic, self-driven, independent mother effer when it comes to their online personality screening. They want people who work fine on their own and don't need lots of support or praise.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2016 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Good luck! Remember, be a psychopathic, self-driven, independent mother effer when it comes to their online personality screening. They want people who work fine on their own and don't need lots of support or praise.

Finally one I don't have to lie on Tongue

Phone interview has been resechuled. I did go camping with a few hundred of my ethanol challenged friends this weekend though, had a pretty good time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic