Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What'd you do today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

What are all those fancy new icons? Embarrassed

Awww hell.... there goes the neighborhood....
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 10:26am
Bummer- Had a PSC (posterior subcapsular cateract) form on my Left eye (dominant eye) in the period of 8 days. Looking through a dense 'cloud' and can not focus. Had NCOWS 3 Day Cowboy Action Shoot this weekend, now can't participate as I can not see. I shoot the hand guns both eyes open, but rifle left handed, shotgun at 7 yards not an issue LoL. Stomped on desk till got into VA yesterday, 2 weeks till surgical eval, and 4-6 till actual surgery, 99% chance we are good to go post surgery.

I hate getting old....................
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 11:01am
Tallen, what milsurps are on the block? I just acquired a TTC. Waiting on Sarco to replace the broken firing pin.

Edited by SSOK - 09 September 2016 at 11:01am
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Tallen, what milsurps are on the block? I just acquired a TTC. Waiting on Sarco to replace the broken firing pin.

Austrian Steyr M95/34 All Matching
Chinese Type 53 All matching
Russian M44 All matching but the bolt

You have your C&R license?
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Нет

Hope you only have to skim off the top. Milsurps are my favorite.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 3:33pm

Нет

You interested in any of them? NB4 "No Selling on the Tippmann Forum!!!!"
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 5:14pm

Нет

You interested in any of them? NB4 "No Selling on the Tippmann Forum!!!!"

Strike 2, no selling on the forum!

Sorry, the Steyrs never interested me and I already of mosins
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2016 at 6:45pm
So, I was supposed to be going to the N. Branch Potomac near Barnum, WV for whitewater rafting this weekend, but instead, I got called down to one of our other units for the next two weekends to bail out a manager whom I've NEVER liked. She's weak, **edited**y, sucks at managing a work crew, and is LAAAAAAZY.... She's needed to be sacked for some time, but they keep giving her second chances because she's in an area of the country where it's difficult to find good help. Now she's sat back and not done any recruiting over the summer and has been caught short for the school year. It's a TINY account, and if I were in her shoes, you'd better believe they'd either fire me, or expect me to cover any missing shifts until the proper people could be found to flesh out the crew, but no. I'd better get a frikken raise out of this....
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2016 at 10:03am
Gotta be able to hit those check boxes for the government and public opinion each year.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2016 at 8:59pm

irc.esper.net
#paintball
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2016 at 9:34pm
We have a neighbor that brings their cat outside on a leash.  They're weird.  
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2016 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

We have a neighbor that brings their cat outside on a leash.  They're weird.  
Sounds about right.

This is the first time I ever took him out on a leash. I had a flea problem this summer, so I had to bomb the entire house. Didn't know what to do with the cat while that was happening, so we hung out in the backyard for a couple hours. I also just kinda wanted to see how he would react.

Ol' Bob Hill did a fine job being restrained in such a manner. 

And the fleas are gone now.

irc.esper.net
#paintball
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2016 at 6:42am
I found out that my wife's cousin started a go fund me page for a drug rehab house she wants to start.  

Now... that sounds like a great idea right?  Well... she's a "recovering" heroin addict herself.  She's either still using, or on a very heavy dose of methadone.  She has no idea what she's doing, and admits this... because she originally wanted 5 grand to help buy a house and remodel it.  She can't hold a job... but it's because everyone's out to get her and not because she's a terrible person/employee.  Her own family gave her about as many chances you could ask for.  They gave her a free place to live, gave her cars to get to jobs, money, you name it.  Know what she did?  Abused just about everyone.  She refused to get clean when living with her aunts and uncles, she stole from them and her grandparents, and blamed everyone but herself.  She's probably the worst human I've ever had to deal with.

The absolute best part of this whole situation that makes me laugh?  She used a picture that's a reference to goatse on the gofundme page.  Makes me giggle every time I see it.  
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2016 at 1:53am
About 2 weeks ago we got snow.  a week later, the only road in and out of town was still a solid sheet of ice.  So, I got new wheels and and some studded winter tires.  So I spent today putting them on and raising my suspension a few inches to accommodate them.  Also changed the oil and washed my car.  

StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 9:13am
Voted contrary to any telephone polls I've taken.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 11:10am
Picking up my car from the shop (FINALLY!) after having it out of my possession for nearly 3 weeks. New torque converter, new solenoid valve body, used transmission. $4575 in parts and labor once all is said and done between the 3 separate shops/dealerships I've had it to. It's been a real chore.

1st shop said, "There's nothing wrong"
2nd shop said, "Yeah, it's likely the solenoid valve body. Try that first."
3rd shop said, "It's likely the torque converter, but we aren't seeing any slipping with the CVT."

I forced the third shop (a dealership) to look deeper. After a week of trying to tell me I wasn't feeling the transmission slip, and that the noises I heard were just heat shields, I had one of their techs drive it home overnight, and return with it in the morning. Got the call from them that day where they said, "Yeaaahhh.... uh... your transmission is toast."

They wanted $8800.00 to replace it with a new one, $7800.00 to put in a re-built one. $4500.00 to put one in that was used with 10k miles and the old failure-prone torque converter and valve body. Called the second shop back, said "how much for a used tranny, NEW torque converter and valve body, plus labor, etc. $4575 later and it should be in good shape.

Other than that, I'm going to go vote.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2017 at 10:26am
Had a 5 hour interview yesterday (He rode for half my route). Interview went pretty well in my opinion. When he mentioned the other interview he had (Only two of us applied, internal oppuruntity only) " I'll give him the courstesy of going down there, seeing that he applied an all" Which I took as a positive sign.

If all goes well I'll be the assistant to the depot manager (Catch The Office reference?). Which would include of 25% raise and relocating to Albuquerque, NM.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2017 at 12:58pm
Picked up a Ruger SR22. Semi 22lr pistol.
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2017 at 1:25am
Those are fun, especially with a suppressor.  
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2017 at 8:21am
I got a SR22 last Saturday. My can worked great with it. It was quiet even with non-subsonic rounds.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic