Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What'd you do today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What'd you do today?
    Posted: 21 May 2016 at 12:26pm
I finished up my bull bar project.  The last thing I want to have happen on my trip is to hit a deer in the middle of nowhere and get behind schedule so, I had this bull bar made by the guys at SuspensionMaxx (also because it looks cool).

This thing is beefy.  Made from 3/8 plate and 2.5inch DOM, 1/8in walls and weighing in at 80 pounds.  I also had them add a hitch receiver so I can winch myself out of trouble in the years to come.  

So I primed it and coated it in Monstaliner roll-on bed liner.  Good stuff.  

Then I grabbed an ice cold Eville and got to work on installing it.  

Installation was a pain.  I had to remove the plastic part of the bumper, drill out the existing holes in the frame to make them straight so the bolts would fit.  Then I had to do a little Dremel trimming on the front fascia to get the spacer blocks to fit.  It all fit together extremely snuggly so putting the bolts through requires vigorous rocking and jiggling of the bar.  I also added 4 LED pods from Rigid Industries on the front, so I can see wildlife easier at night when I'm in the middle of nowhere alone (again also because they look cool).  Thankfully the lights went in a wired up with a lot less trouble.

impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 3:41am
Was planning on changing the tires on the motorcycle, ended up hitting a meeting then going mountain biking. Holy moiy am I outta shape, and also wrecked. Don't think I broke a rib, but still hurts to laugh or cough.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 6:00pm
Got a puppy on wednesday. He needs more shots so we aren't supposed to socialize him yet. He sure is a puppy and we have to wait a month before we can start taking him to training. He is the cutest puppy ever. He is a leonberger mix, but we aren't sure what his mix may be. I hope he gets to at least 150 lbs. 
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 6:54pm
My weekend "Honey Do" list.  My wife is still feeling the chemo and stem cell transplant so everything is on me and my sons. After dinner, going to work on this.

Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 6:58pm
My brother in law and his girlfriend came up to visit on their way to Howe's Caverns, and she's reserving us VIP tickets to the USS Intrepid museum this summer- she works on board, and I've been meaning to get there for YEARS...just never have.

Then I got rid of a TON of old baby and kids toys from where it had all been stored in the garage. Fixed my lawn mower, and headed off to work for the first 12 hour shift of a three month summer stint where the students are on vacation. We've got three months of training, taking it easy, and barbecuing until the village department calls us to assist with something.

?

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

My brother in law and his girlfriend came up to visit on their way to Howe's Caverns, and she's reserving us VIP tickets to the USS Intrepid museum this summer- she works on board, and I've been meaning to get there for YEARS...just never have.

Then I got rid of a TON of old baby and kids toys from where it had all been stored in the garage. Fixed my lawn mower, and headed off to work for the first 12 hour shift of a three month summer stint where the students are on vacation. We've got three months of training, taking it easy, and barbecuing until the village department calls us to assist with something.

Reb, You have to do the Kamikaze experience when you go to the Intrepid.  I am not going to spoil it for you, just go do it.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

My weekend "Honey Do" list.  My wife is still feeling the chemo and stem cell transplant so everything is on me and my sons. After dinner, going to work on this.

I just bought this:

I've been collecting the paints I need for it slowly over the last few weeks, and needed a new spray gun. The number of hobby shops around here is disappointingly small.
Also- best wishes to the Mrs. as well as the rest of the family. Stuff's not easy on anyone.

Edited by Reb Cpl - 22 May 2016 at 7:03pm
?

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Reb, You have to do the Kamikaze experience when you go to the Intrepid.  I am not going to spoil it for you, just go do it.

Noted, thank you. My oldest son is getting to the age where we can start to do cool stuff together, so he and I are stoked about the trip. My wife and youngest are still 'meh' but we're gonna drag them along anyway.
?

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 7:06pm
Thank You Reb.  The little guy sill love the Space Shuttle interactive.  Tons of things for him to climb in and through.  Enjoy the train, good luck keep little hands from it! LOL 
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

Got a puppy on wednesday. He needs more shots so we aren't supposed to socialize him yet. He sure is a puppy and we have to wait a month before we can start taking him to training. He is the cutest puppy ever. He is a leonberger mix, but we aren't sure what his mix may be. I hope he gets to at least 150 lbs. 

Fun fact, I was a Leonberger for 3 years.  
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

Fun fact, I was a Leonberger for 3 years.  
As in lived in Germany?
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 11:42am
In Leonberg, nonetheless.  
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 2:54pm
Reb, you clearly purchased the wrong model kit. That one specifically says "Big Boy" on it.....
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 6:09pm
I sat on my butt, drank beer, and played a computer game. I had to stay up until 0600hrs to get myself back on schedule for the work week.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Reb, you clearly purchased the wrong model kit. That one specifically says "Big Boy" on it.....

Edited by Ceesman762 - 23 May 2016 at 6:44pm
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

My son will do most of the work. They still don't let me use the glue.
?

Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 11:42am
Played Elder Scrolls Online until WAY too late this morning.
Got to work at 8:30am, did normal work things for a couple of hours.
Went to radio station to record an advertisement, now back at work and bored out of my skull.
Next up: make it until 5pm, then repeat.

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 12:46pm
I went to a spring to swim yesterday and got water in my ear. It's still there and I'm trying to get it out. 
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I went to a spring to swim yesterday and got water in my ear. It's still there and I'm trying to get it out. 

Rubbing alcohol?
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 7:55pm
I just jump with my head tilted until it finally comes out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic