Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The 2016 election.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 24>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2016 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

So I guess the question I have is: If Trump is going to pull off a victory, which states break from their polling trends to get him there?

I'd go out on a limb and say either New York or Pennsylvania.  Those are the only main states that would make a large enough impact.  My gut feeling is Clinton will carry both.  But of the two, I think Trump has a better chance at Pennsylvania than New York.
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2016 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

As we look forward to 4 years of more idiocy from who ever wins let's take a moment to thank Obama and his accomplishments.
1. Inedible school lunches.
2. Unaffordable Health insurance
3. Blue lives no longer matter
4. And a population far more divided than before he took office despite 'the promise' of unifacation.

If you do not fear the next four years of whoever is in office, you really do not understand the world around you, and the idiots we put in charge to run it.

And here we see the GOP playbook for the last 8 years.  Screw everything up and say Obama did it.  Shocking.  
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 1:08am
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

So I guess the question I have is: If Trump is going to pull off a victory, which states break from their polling trends to get him there?

I'd go out on a limb and say either New York or Pennsylvania.  Those are the only main states that would make a large enough impact.  My gut feeling is Clinton will carry both.  But of the two, I think Trump has a better chance at Pennsylvania than New York.

As a New Yorker, I can say with almost certainty that Trump won't take it.
As with most other cases, "Upstate" will vote republican, but "The City' historically votes democratic, and carries through each time.

It's one of the frustrations of living in the rural part of NY. The overwhelming geographic majority of the state carries zero weight in elections at the state or national level....even when the republican candidates aren't jackasses. The whim of NYC is where everything ends up.
?

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

As a New Yorker, I can say with almost certainty that Trump won't take it.
As with most other cases, "Upstate" will vote republican, but "The City' historically votes democratic, and carries through each time.

It's one of the frustrations of living in the rural part of NY. The overwhelming geographic majority of the state carries zero weight in elections at the state or national level....even when the republican candidates aren't jackasses. The whim of NYC is where everything ends up.

Trump hasn't polled above 40% in New York since, I think, ever. Clinton has had a ~20 point lead in the state for four months. If New York were to flip, it would be the biggest, most historic error in polling and projection to ever happen. Which makes it seem unlikely. 

Pennsylvania stopping being much of a swing state in September, although I guess it's more likely to happen than New York. Clinton has been polling at about 4 point lead there for a while.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

As we look forward to 4 years of more idiocy from who ever wins let's take a moment to thank Obama and his accomplishments.
1. Inedible school lunches.
2. Unaffordable Health insurance
3. Blue lives no longer matter
4. And a population far more divided than before he took office despite 'the promise' of unifacation.

If you do not fear the next four years of whoever is in office, you really do not understand the world around you, and the idiots we put in charge to run it.

And here we see the GOP playbook for the last 8 years.  Screw everything up and say Obama did it.  Shocking.  

Why we had Obama and the Democrats blaming Bush for everything they did wrong, so the point of the exercise is?

Michelle and the school lunch programs of 'healthy inedible food, no Republicans involved.

The Affordable Care Act, few if any Republicans involved in origin or it's passing.

Rise of the Black Lives Matter, and Obama Administration 'support' at the expense of the majority of Blue Lives that do their jobs right. Fail to see where a Republican was involved in this.

And the division of the population, just check the Obama Administrations policies and targeting and why we are so fractures as a society and culture
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 8:30am
I really do not trust the polls, as a lot of 'underground' Trump supports for fear of Democrat 'retribution' are staying 'down' till they get in the voting booth.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 9:11am

The Affordable Care Act, few if any Republicans involved in origin or it's passing. 
Not one Republican voted for it.  Zip.  Zero.  Nada...
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 11:00am
NH was up in the air last I saw. PA is a possible swing for Trump. Not sure if the polling there has really gotten out into the "T" that tends to go conservative or not. I do know that driving through there to see the inlaws, I see a LOT more Trump signs than Hillary signs.

MD could be interesting in theory. We just voted in a Republican governor 2 years ago, and the Senate and House races are anything but a done-deal. Szeliga is carrying a lot of weight with cross-over democrats that also voted for Hogan during the Gubernatorial races, same goes for Amie Hoeber in the House race in my district. Dems have done a lot of early voting, but the reality here is that a "D" on your voter's registration doesn't guarantee a vote for that party anymore. There's been a HUGE "DINO" push recently to affect the primaries as much as possible to shake up the state's situation. So who knows which way it'll go in the end. I think it'll still go Clinton, but it'll be a tighter race than she'd have hoped for.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 1:43pm
Trump ending up as the Republican nomination in a year when the GOP should have been able to stomp towards a landslide, and Hillary ending up in a tight race hoping swing states don't fall against her even though she's against Trump:

Both exceptional examples of how horribly mismanaged both major parties are.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Trump ending up as the Republican nomination in a year when the GOP should have been able to stomp towards a landslide, and Hillary ending up in a tight race hoping swing states don't fall against her even though she's against Trump:

Both exceptional examples of how horribly mismanaged both major parties are.

Yup. The GOP could have put virgually ANYONE up there other than Trump and won in a landslide. I'll be interested to see how any super delegates are added to the GOP convention process in the next 4 years.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 3:52pm
Interesting to see so many newspapers officially endorse Clinton.

So, corporations should be restricted when it comes to campaign contributions and political voice, but ones from the media should be allowed to be partisan. Got it.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 4:13pm
I made this handy election day guide.

irc.esper.net
#paintball
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 4:38pm

So, corporations should be restricted when it comes to campaign contributions and political voice, but ones from the media should be allowed to be partisan. Got it.

And it has been said that Clinton DOES NOT 'own' the 'press'. Again journalism is DEAD, the 'press' is just another arm of the Democrat Party.
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 10:17pm

This seems like a deliberate misrepresentation of the argument you're countering.  I don't think anyone cares who a corporation or newspaper endorses.  A company saying that they think a certain candidate is better than the other isn't an issue.  The issue is when a company or industry spends millions or billions of dollars buying off elected officials (through "campaign contributions").  Those two actions are apples and oranges my friend.  
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 11:28pm
11:30 EST, I really need to go to bed.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 11:47pm
Well that went differently than expected. 
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2016 at 12:12am
lulz sorry whale
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2016 at 12:20am
I'm going going back back to war war. 
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2016 at 1:08am
I'm working tonight....had to stay sober for all this nonsense.

?

Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2016 at 1:56am
Me right now.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 24>
  Share Topic