Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does anyone still play?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does anyone still play?
    Posted: 30 April 2017 at 5:53am
Sorting through the mancave for the annual if you ain't seen it, touched it, used it in three years it is gone, found the old paintball and airsoft 'remains'. My old 68Special, my K4 GBB airsoft rifle, 2 DMR M-14 electric airsoft rifles, and my GBB M-1911. And all the trimmings. Issue is no where to 'play' close anymore, unless you play arena ball with the big blow up dolls, woodsball is gone essentially. Guess throw the stuff on craigslist or e-bay and see what happens, was fun back in the day miss the old OMHW crew and TWC's, but life goes on. And by the way getting old inhales deeply as you can do less and less of the things you like, mind willing, body failing.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 7:32am
I still play woodsball with my team when I can.  We have to find a new field.  The "Hampton's Elite" decided they needed a new golf course and turned Spinney Road into their new Asshat Emporium.  Both of my sons are the perfect age to play, my youngest turned 10 in December and has been all over about going to play.  So, we are stuck going to the local P4P fields until we can get a new section of woods.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 8:43pm
I'm trying to make Normandy this year.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 11:40pm
I just bought a golden double barrel Phantom.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 11:42pm
Unfortunately I have not played in a long time. I was unable to find a new group that plays with the intensity I do and I got tired of moving all the gear from place to place so most of it has been sold off.

I plan to sell the rest soon as I can find a buyer.

Sad but it is time to move on.

Edited by God - 30 April 2017 at 11:44pm
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 9:08am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Of course you did.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 9:11am
I haven't played in about two years. My tanks are out of hydro which I need to get remedied. Otherwise, I'm holding onto my equipment in the hopes that I can get out at least one or two weekends this summer. Like a lot of the OMHW guys, my interests have turned towards actual firearms, but I still get the itch to get out there and play. I busted up my knee pretty well a few games back when I chipped the patella doing a slide (without knee pads) into a pyramid of 55 gallon drums. So that ended my play for the rest of the year then. I've played since, but it does take a toll on an older body for sure.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 10:48am
I play a lot. 

Went to the first magfed game in Michigan last month as well as the first magfed game/ 5 man tournament in Ohio last month. I played with Shadow Syndicate and we took 1st place. When I got there one team was short players, so I joined them as well and they took 2nd place. 

Here is video from Shadow syndicates 3rd game (you played the game 3 times, they changed it up each time). Best two out of 3 scores was the tournament winner.

I'm still sponsored by Tippmann, GI Sportz, Empire, JT, and more...

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 01 May 2017 at 10:49am
They tremble at my name...
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 11:49am
Playing one more time is on the 'bucket list' just planning and figuring out where and when, going to involve travel as NOTHING is in the area other than blow up doll arena stuff, too old and slow for that mess. Son in law bought most of the stuff, can get a mix of weapons back if needed for the event. Nebraska is making it impossible for 'recreation' sports because of new state insurance requirements for public venues. Paintball, Airsoft, skateboarding, motocross, anything the lawyers can make money at sueing the owner of the venue. Most are required to have a 2.5million dollar rider for 'damages', and no one can afford it. My backyard MX track is exempt due to I am an operating farm, so the rules are a tad different on 'voluntary' participation with the waiver from hell, and joining the 'club', per Nebraska law can't sue yourself (member of club), too bad you have to play 'games' to operate in Nebraska.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 3:54pm
It's been years. Don't know anyone who plays anymore, don't really have the time and money. 

I'd rather go fishin'.

irc.esper.net
#paintball
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 4:49pm
Not in a long time.  I'm sure all my markers will have bad seal issues if I try to air them up.  I want to play.  Nobody to play with anymore due to everyone being "adulted" and stuff.

Edited by StormyKnight - 12 May 2017 at 8:13am
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 5:10pm
Haven't played since 2012. Still have my LCD Bonebrake Angel though.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

It's been years. Don't know anyone who plays anymore, don't really have the time and money. 

I'd rather go fishin'.

Same. Last time I played was more than a decade ago at this point. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 10:25am
Guys, you should check out the new Tippmann TMC marker. $200 and it comes with 2 mags, and can play hopper or magfed. Really nice marker for the money! I threw an 18 inch apex 2 on mine and took it out to a huge scenario on Sunday in Ohio.... 1,000 people there and I had only 4 mags! 

FUN! 

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 10 May 2017 at 10:26am
A-5 08 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

The mob rules!!! Get the pitchforks!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 11:42am
I played 5 years ago I think. I've just gotten into other hobbies. I brew beer at least once a month. I go fishing at least once a week. Woodworking has taken up a lot of time. Getting a masters degree after not being in school for 7 years. I threw away a case of paint that had been sitting in my basement for years the other day. Sad really.
steve200 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aluminum foil enthusiast

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 11:48pm
Hey Soldier, anyone tell you your old Lately lol.
cheers;
Steve
a 1000 hamsters View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a 1000 hamsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2017 at 12:19am
I would've kept playing if every field near me didn't closed down. Trying to get back into it now.

Edited by a 1000 hamsters - 11 June 2017 at 12:22am
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 12:25pm
I'm a writer for paintball.media magazine. They have a new PRINT version that just started shipping this week. Get your subscription for the first 4 issues now at a discounted rate. I wrote two articles for the June issue. 

www.paintball.media
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 5:37pm
And now I bought a VF Tactical autococker. Old habits die REAL hard.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Appleton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Appleton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 1:05am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Niice. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic