Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TPX Fiberglas Freak Back

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Like a mad scientist, but with Tippmanns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TPX Fiberglas Freak Back
    Posted: 01 June 2017 at 9:42am
Hi,
cause stock Tippmann(A5 Thread) Freak Backīs still donīt work that well i build me a cheap and much better one !!! ;)

Just need for building the form: Fiberglas, Bolt, Breach, Barrelcover, Freak insert(i took a .682) some paper, some tape and use grease for anti stick and fill Areas where you donīt want fiberglas.

I have checked:
The Bolt O-Ring seals in the area before the Little gap between Barrel(Insert) and Breach starts. (Iīve fiberglased without the bumper Bolt O-Ring, so the bolt could move deeper than it ever would do). The bolt would push the ball easely complete into the insert, cause of the form of the bolt tip there is still material behind the O-Ring.

I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 4:05pm
Here i made a pic to Show how far the bolt will move in and how Close itīs to the insert etc.

Setting is like installed: Just the bolt end has 1-2mm distance to the bumper O-Ring = is what dives into the insert(Barrel). On the breach i have this Little scratch(marking) it Shows the endpoint of the stock Barrel in the breach.
I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 8:37am
Cause the new Barrel is that nice and short i cut my old cartrige cap(the not adjustable one, cause itīs a TPX) to make the front in one line also itīs looking much better than stock i think !!!

Just Need to fix the look of the front view. ;)

I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2017 at 3:03pm
There some more pics of the D.I.Y. Back:

;)
I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 9:56am
Cause iīve build me a second one for cocker threads i went on:

Here the 3rd one iīm going build for my TMC(98 Thread) also cause the stock Freak backs for A5 and 98 are ... (cause of the Long way to the insert)

There i got some pics of figure out which is the best Position for the insert in the back. ;)

hammer on pin uncocked Position, not pushed:

hammer pushed, the pin is complete down to valve body:

Insert in ideal Position:

There are three solutions make the bolt fit well into the bolt dive into in area in the Barrel:

1st: Cut a Piece of my .697 insert and put it behind (fits well to bolt O-Ring)
2nd: Use a bigger O-Ring on the Bolt for getting up to the insert Diameter
3rd: Build the back like original and secure the insert on top by a tip
I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 9:46am
So iīve cut a Piece(lengh 11mm) of my .697 insert which fits perfect to the bolt(O-Ring), much better than in the stock Barrel.
Iīm not finished fiberglasing but you can see all on the Pics which is important !!! ;)

98 Thread Freak Back 2.0:

Finished you simple choose your insert, push it in and behind Comes the .697 short Piece, for the bolt dive into Barrel. :)
I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 9:34am
Here the finished pruduct shure not a Beauty but itīs working, which is most important i think ! ;)

I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2017 at 11:33pm
Here i made a draw of the Freak Back 2.0 for A5 and 98 threads, may interesting for some People:

Cause iīm german itīs metric system(example: 11,00 = eleven millimeters and Zero 1/10 also zero 1/100 of a Millimeter etc.)

Translated text:
(up/left) Movement of valve pin between valve open and closed
(right/down) from Bolt tip to middle of the paintball

;)

Edited by spydercam - 21 June 2017 at 11:37pm
I like Tippmann !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic