Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Universal Compact Boxmag

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Like a mad scientist, but with Tippmanns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Universal Compact Boxmag
    Posted: 27 June 2017 at 2:57pm
Hi,
here i´m going to build me a max. compact boxmag, finaly for fit on my TMC but you have all Options, you just Need to build your box to fit on your Magwell. ;)

I took the gearbox housing etc., board etc. from my HaloToo and fit the Slim cyclonefeed on top. So you have a very Slim and real looking size Setup !!!

Here on pic one i set it like i go build the box for my TMC, it will be not much more than the cyclonehousing Diameter in wide(left and right side), high will be the line top of the grip max. so i Count with ca. 100rounds !?!?!? We gonna see after i build the box !!! :rolleyes:

Here a test vid. of:

HaloToo/Cyclonefeed Boxmag

I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2017 at 3:03pm
Here i build a Testbox to figure out the size, what would fit in etc.

Need to think about what material i go use and what Kind of doors, may Change design to have less sqaure looking etc. !?!?!?

I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 4:44pm
Here i build the new final connector axle, i found the (to long) rod in my cocker parts. Now i got 2 Solutions of making it set right: 1st build a spacer out of a pipe and use a nut or 2nd cut the rod and glue it in. I also build out of an alu pipe a connector for the cyclonefeed arms. The engine is now well fixed by ...
so the internals are done and just build the box is left !!! ;)

I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2017 at 7:14am
It´s getting smaller a bit, but also i get more Volume by cut the cyclone housing and feedneck. :rolleyes:

So i´ve got the final plan:
The box will be out of three main parts. 1st one the top Piece includes door, mag adaptor and strong Frame for connect to Piece 2. the lower box which is just an empty box. Piece 3 will be the engine, cyclone etc. unit which you just put into the lower box.

As soon i got the sheet metal i will go on !!!

Edited by spydercam - 04 July 2017 at 7:36am
I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2017 at 8:41am
So i found some alu sheet metal (old license plates) not that what i´m looking for but free !!!

Need to screw all together after i found enough nice Fitting screws and nuts, also Need to build a door etc. after finish i go use some camo of an old pant and make it nice and None reflecting surface !!! ;)

I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2017 at 4:14pm
I have srewed all together so now i´m on building the last parts ! ;)

I go Close the gaps by fiberglas, to Close them and get the final strengh of the box top.

Soon ...

;)
I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 6:39am
I can see the light, at the end of the tunnel !!! :rolleyes:

I build a ball channel which sit´s very Close to front to have a max. ball flow not done i´m thinking about use simple tape or fiberglas cause i have to use for other things too !?!?!?
Also i did some camo outside work which gives you a pretty good view of how it´s gonna look, done !!! ;)

I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2017 at 2:54pm
Here a vid of testing the feed channel:
(used reballs for test and the batteries had a pretty low power)

Testing boxmag feed channel

So i just Need to build the door and fill up all gap´s on the upper Box with fiberglas to get finished !!!
I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2017 at 2:39pm
Here some pics of the test Setup:

The tape on the feedhose and the paper floor will get fixed as soon i found some got some cheap material !!!

Here an idea of a front grip, cause the box isn´t well for a grip like magazines(she is Slim, but not a good grip) !!! ;)

I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 6:23am
Here i checked the weight of the box with battery´s but without door, the inner floor and some fiberglas Jobs(filling gap´s), i think they will push the weight up may 50-100g more i think !?!?!?

I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 2:17pm
Here the testing Vid of the compact boxmag, working much better with some fresh batteries !!!

Compact boxmag vid.

Still not finished but just Peanuts i would say !!!
I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 11:39am
So i´ve finished the door build by using magnet from my "Sägeboxmag" some screws, sheetmetal etc.

The link got enough friction(not moving easy) so the light door will stay open !

Yeahhh if i go stay with thoose screws, i will go file them down to nut Level !!!
I like Tippmann !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic