Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Tippmann Forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2017 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

I'm sure that is the truth, however much I wish it wasn't. 9/1/17 would make my 12 year annevarsary.

Guys, it's been fun. I'll join the FB group, but damn I'll miss this place.

Edit: care to share the PM? I was tempted to just change your password but I thought that would be rude.

Also let me in the group

PRIVATE MESSAGE
AvatarSubject - Forum Shutting Down
Sent - 25 July 2017 at 1:23pm
Sent by: zepper
Group - Moderator Group Moderator Group
Forum Shutting Down

Just a heads up the looks like the Tippmann forum will be going offline as of August 1st.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2017 at 11:31pm
So long and thank for all the fish. Twas a great way to spend some free time. Stay safe all.
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 2:40am
Also, I'm proud that I was here to the end, really. The delicious irony is that I DID become a mod in the long run. I remember when people would actually ask for that...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Also, I'm proud that I was here to the end, really. The delicious irony is that I DID become a mod in the long run. I remember when people would actually ask for that...
I guess I gotta admit... same here.

Always kinda took it for granted that it was still there, even when I (and probably a majority) fell off for awhile.  Always thought it was kinda funny trying to explain a SO awhile back why I was posting on a paintball forum when I didn't play paintball.

So, thanks for that era of greatness, o fellow T/O forumers! Almost it feels like a past life or something. This place in some way shaped who I am.  Maybe I'm remembering differently now, but I would credit this place as having probably the most civil and well-reasoned debates (and master debaters) I've yet seen on the internet. 

I'm actually sad now, having typed that. There's, like... a sappy country song lamenting the death of an internet forum in there somewhere.

I'll see you guys on the FB then, I suppose. Thanks TF!  I'll never again have this close of a personal relationship (I've met a few a y'all IRL) with another group of internet strangers ever again.

Also, there are still a few of us over at #paintball. It's been pretty dead. Markhoff has the highest word count, I'd bet. Would love to see more of more than a few of you in there.

/me starts drinking

BAT SIGNAL

irc.esper.net
#paintball
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 4:48pm
I feel the same.

12 years, all of highschool, six years of college, a driver's license, four cars, two homes, two states, a few SOs, probably 10 jobs.

I took it for granted. I'll miss this place.
Project Irene View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
It really DOES exist!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Project Irene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 8:21pm
Feels like ages seeing these names and being back on here.  I was never that big of a contributor, but this was the first forum I was ever a member of, fueled my love of paintball, and provided plenty of summer surfing entertainment for my snotty-nosed self long ago.  (Still snotty nosed)   Hate to see it go.
Shub View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I don’t have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 11:01pm
Man...I popped into check up, see what I've been missing...I didn't know I'd be walking into a wake.
ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Started from the botttom, not there yet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 11:06pm
Well, it's depressing to think this will probably be my last post on here. Spent so much time on here, glad i got as much out of it as i did.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 11:16pm
New spot is either (or both) facebook or the Tippmann Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/Tippmann/
jmac3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 11:17pm
Oh hey. Guess I'll make one last post.

Only been coming here since I was like 12.

Hope all is well.
Que pasa?

jmac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Guested- Stay down zombie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 11:21pm
As I am also a newly Christened mod, I have brought my original name back from the dead. The numbers offended me.
"If you want a cheaper sport, go play softball"-Field Ref

"Here you are all equally worthless!"- Full Metal Jacket(actually jgrand1570 outdoes all)
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by jmac jmac wrote:

As I am also a newly Christened mod, I have brought my original name back from the dead. The numbers offended me.
Niice!
Shub View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I don’t have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 11:25pm
Thanks Tallen... I lurk every now and then, but despite not posting, I liked knowing this place was still around every time I remembered to check. Sad days.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I started posting here as a snotty, angsty 13 year old, getting in fights with people all the time and yelling about stuff.

Now I'm almost 30 and a professor with a Ph.D.

Dang. 
It's pretty weird. Life and junk.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy to think about... this place is definitely part of why I do what I do now, it was one of my first and largest online influences and experiences. I joined two years before YouTube existed, and many of you were here long before I ever was. Time has flown but there were some hilarious shenanigans on here along the way.

Thank you Tallen for the heads up about them closing this place, I had to come back before it's gone.

Thanks for all the fun everyone.

VVV LOL
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 11:32pm
Staying up another 8 minutes to see if the plug is pulled at midnight EST. Will check in tomorrow morning if not. Who knows what'll go down and when.

ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 11:34pm
Yeah, thats kinda my plan. Gonna ride it out till the end.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

Yeah, thats kinda my plan. Gonna ride it out till the end.

If it's CST, mountain, or god forbid, PACIFIC, I'm out. I've got work tomorrow. It'll be odd waking up without mod powers....
ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 11:37pm
Yeah, i have to be up 4:30am CST, but this is kinda a thing for me.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 11:38pm
2 minutes to 24:00 EST
ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 11:39pm
1 min

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic