Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Life Thread v2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 34>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2019 at 10:36pm
The story is a wild one. I'd love to share it when it's all over. Marriage is admittedly a huge risk at this point in our relationship, but I don't want to lose her, and a very expensive lawyer has informed is that this is the only option. That aside, there is love there, and we're actually excited. But it is indeed a wild and crazy ride

Edited by DeTrevni - 13 December 2019 at 10:37pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2019 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

The story is a wild one. I'd love to share it when it's all over. Marriage is admittedly a huge risk at this point in our relationship, but I don't want to lose her, and a very expensive lawyer has informed is that this is the only option. That aside, there is love there, and we're actually excited. But it is indeed a wild and crazy ride
Wait.What?
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

evillepaintball View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2019 at 5:49pm
Did you trade an AK-47 for a mail-order bride?
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2019 at 3:57am
Life is weird, man. Not sure what else to say.

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Like a mad scientist, but with Tippmanns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2019 at 12:48pm
Here i got some footage of my 2nd Gameday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X87g778Xyw

I like Tippmann !!!

impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2019 at 10:34am
Couple of new things have been put on simmer in my mind.

1. Start the hobby of paragliding.

2. Get my passport and visit England.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2019 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

1. Start the hobby of paragliding.

Two questions: 

1) How does one start paragliding? 

2) Is paragliding different from hang gliding? 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2019 at 10:06am
You can ride tandem. But then buy gear and start taking lessons

Para is with a parachute, hang gliding is with the kite. Same principal, different gear.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2020 at 12:49pm
I lost both dogs in two and a half months. They were both over 10 years old. It's odd not getting greeted at the front door after work.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2020 at 8:39am

You can ride tandem. But then buy gear and start taking lessons

Para is with a parachute, hang gliding is with the kite. Same principal, different gear.

Ok so after image searching it, paragliding seems way more comfortable, like chilling in a nice chair that happens to also be experiencing the miracle of flight. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2020 at 8:45am

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Faster just to drive to towards San Diego

Thought about it, but the S/O really likes Vegas. 

If you wanna meet up for lunch while passing through Phoenix let me know!

Sorry I didn't take you up on this. 

While we were in Tucson, my S/O fell down a concrete step and hit her elbow pretty good while trying to take a picture of a sunset. After that we were pretty much just aiming to get to Vegas, legally purchase our herbal commodities and get the trip over with. 

When we got home we got it X-rayed and the radiologist said there's a hairline fracture in her elbow joint, so she'll need to get it splinted, but the bone doctor can't see her until next Tuesday to do the splinting. So it's a few more days of ace wrap and ice packs and a sling. 

To be fair though it was a good-ass sunset. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 10 January 2020 at 8:50am
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2020 at 1:01pm

Faster just to drive to towards San Diego

Thought about it, but the S/O really likes Vegas. 

If you wanna meet up for lunch while passing through Phoenix let me know!

Sorry I didn't take you up on this. 

While we were in Tucson, my S/O fell down a concrete step and hit her elbow pretty good while trying to take a picture of a sunset. After that we were pretty much just aiming to get to Vegas, legally purchase our herbal commodities and get the trip over with. 

When we got home we got it X-rayed and the radiologist said there's a hairline fracture in her elbow joint, so she'll need to get it splinted, but the bone doctor can't see her until next Tuesday to do the splinting. So it's a few more days of ace wrap and ice packs and a sling. 

To be fair though it was a good-ass sunset. 

Ouch! That sucks to hear.

Our sunsets are pretty stunning, makes up for the atrocious air quality I guess....
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2020 at 9:26pm

Our sunsets are pretty stunning, makes up for the atrocious air quality I guess....

Funny enough, some pollution in the air actually contributes to the red hues of a sunset. If no aerosols were present (whether natural or man-made) you'd not see any reds in one, just yellow and orange. That said, there is a tipping point where man-made aerosols will dull a sunset and make it less spectacular.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2020 at 10:45am
I bought a 2013 Sportster, go me!
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2020 at 4:55pm
I'm so happy I clicked the "Tippmann Forum" bookmark in my browser. I got married in September and we are going on our honeymoon next month to Disney World. The inner kid in me is pumped to visit Galaxy's Edge - she gets to visit Universal and both Harry Potter parks. I'm working as a Physician Assistant in Psychiatry and I love it. I still have my AKA pump that DeTrevni so kindly sent my way many years ago. Got to play this past summer and the love was still there. I hope you all are well! I look forward to keeping tabs!
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2020 at 10:39pm
OH MAN YOU STILL HAVE THAT THING?

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2020 at 3:51pm
I'll grab some pics the next time at my parents'!
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Like a mad scientist, but with Tippmanns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 10:13am
Last Saturday i had my first skeet Shooting !!!
Itīs fun and a good training for a quick aim and Shoot skills, i think.

Here some moving pics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1B_6CoPhzc

Little question after: Are Tippmann Flex Fit Hats, in size L-XL, in black(green isnīt bad too) still to buy(where ?), which shop i should contact ??? (I ask because my mom doesnīt like my old one cause the sun(UV-Light) killed the black surface)
I like Tippmann !!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 11:09am
Originally posted by spydercam spydercam wrote:

Here some moving pics:

Little question after: Are Tippmann Flex Fit Hats, in size L-XL, in black(green isnīt bad too) still to buy(where ?), which shop i should contact ??? (I ask because my mom doesnīt like my old one cause the sun(UV-Light) killed the black surface)

Nice! Trap and skeet are two of my favorite shooting sports. I haven't played paintball in years, but the snap-shooting and point-and-shoot vs "aiming" concepts of trap, skeet, and sporting clays keep me fresh for when I do back out.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by spydercam spydercam wrote:

Here some moving pics:

Remember to maintain your swing and lead!
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 34>
  Share Topic