Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Life Thread v2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 34>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2020 at 10:20pm
Bought a Microsoft Pro 7 for my new job. I'm loving both.
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Like a mad scientist, but with Tippmanns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2020 at 9:52am

A Short vid. to Show how to get in this Position:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuctyp00oOU

I like Tippmann !!!

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2020 at 3:57am
Memories. Getting old 'inhales deeply' to say the least. Miss the days of the OMHW trips to play wherever. Medically an adventure anymore. 2 strokes no residual damage and the heart attack. Weigh in at 204lb and those who remember me I was 'heavy' Infantry. Full blown uncontroled diabetic so just a day by day, what else can go wrong.

Still have my original 68 Special on my 'I love me' wall. went into airsoft for awhile when paintball died out here. Still plink with my KWA K-4 GBB, cheaper than 5.56.

Some familiar names here, some not so much, looks like the old OMHW crew is long gone, but such is

Enjoy your life, the alternative is far worse.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2020 at 8:06pm
I must say I've enjoyed some OS stories over the years...
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Strike #4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2020 at 2:01am
I moved from western PA to SLC, UT in 2008, did a stint in the USMC and went back to Utah at the end of 2013, got a degree in Materials Science and Engineering, and currently work for the air force. Bought a house here spring 2019 and live with a girlfriend and a couple rowdy cattledog mixes. I still try to ski, mountain bike, shoot, and have fun with cars as much as I can.

Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

I don't know when the last time I posted here was but I relocated to Phoenix AZ and have fallen completely in love with the west. I enjoy camping still and bought an 04 4runner for my adventures.

Sold my third gen 4Runner in 2011 and missed it up until I got a 100 series in 2015. Winter months we make it down to southern UT a bunch, but I think once it gets hot this summer we're gonna try to explore more of Idaho. Hit me up if you're coming up out of the desert.

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Other than that, 18" of snow. As a Houstonian, this sucks. Shovelling sucks.

Snowblowers kick ass. My decent sized driveway with 5-6" of snow takes more than an hour to clear with two people by shovel or under ten minutes with just my snowblower.
masterjabba193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masterjabba193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2020 at 3:50pm
Gosh reading through this is a blast from the past. Started on this form when I would consider myself a little kid. Great seeing Old Soldier post. Such good memories meeting some of them at the 06 or 07 Michigan Monster game. Speaking of which I continue to go to that game so if your also planning on playing this year (2020) hit me up. 

basic summary of life:
Finished college
Whopped it up as a single due
Got married and bought a house
Finished grad school
Sold house
Divorced? TDB
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 12:13am
Finally knuckled down and sent off an order form to the Civilian Marksmanship Program for a Service-Grade M1 Garand. Their Alabama office is closed until next week, but I figure that puts me towards the front of the line when they finally open their mail. Excited, but it can take months to finally receive your rifle the first time around.

Meanwhile, I have a butt-load of rifle parts coming to return my sporterized M98/48 back into a true Yugo-Capture 98k. It's an OG German receiver with OG German barrel, so it's an early "conversion" meaning they just put it in a new non-Nazi stock. After that, the only restorations I have left to complete are the M16 Berthier Carbine (stock and bbl bands) and finish up my buddy's No.4 Mk1 Enfield re-finish.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 1:37pm
I've always wanted to shoot a Garand.

Om those yugos, did they remove the front sight hood? What's a good reference website on those? The reason I ask is my k98 doesn't have the front hood.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 12:49am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

I've always wanted to shoot a Garand.

Om those yugos, did they remove the front sight hood? What's a good reference website on those? The reason I ask is my k98 doesn't have the front hood.

They did, but repros are available from Liberty Tree Collectors for a reasonable price. Just snapped the sight hood back on mine tonight.

A lot of k98s as missing their hoods. Either banged off in storage or import, or taken off by bubba. Captured Russian, Yugo, Czech, etc. usually removed it as well. http://mauser98k.internetdsl.pl/indexen.html has some info that is pretty complete.

https://www.ima-usa.com/pages/search-results?q=k98&page_num=2 also has hoods available.
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 11:28am
I uploaded some M98cam(2 Gen. of Spydercam i used 2004) footage:

M98cam Vid.

Need to spend more time, to get all my old Hi8 footage into a short movie.

Great time, two legs, much younger, high motivated etc. !!!
I like Tippmann !!!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by spydercam spydercam wrote:

I uploaded some M98cam(2 Gen. of Spydercam i used 2004) footage:

M98cam Vid.

Need to spend more time, to get all my old Hi8 footage into a short movie.

Great time, two legs, much younger, high motivated etc. !!!

Haha oh man, kids these days with their go-pro's don't know how easy their life is compared to trying to run those big hi8 cameras.

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 2:32pm
it was just ca. 1kg extra !

Here i uploaded my Picture footage from 2015-2016, cause the Forum i uploaded them died (i think cause of FB):

BB 2015 Pics

BB 2016 Pics

I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 4:07pm
Cause the Forum where i uploaded most of my Picture footage is dead. I had to upload them new, i´ve choosen YT at the Moment there are two "BuildsPicsShow" Videos online, i think a third one is needed but later !!!

BPS Part1

BPS Part2

You just have to waste for both vids ca. 10min !
I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 11:32am
Cause i like to use my bike for Training in future, i started preparing it. 1st step is mod. the seat to have enough room for the socket(done), the Major Problem. 2nd round build a(i would explain it like an open ring) for fix the foot on the Pedal(german word for, the Thing where you put your boots on) but with the Option to get out of it by spred the leg sideways.

Hope you understand a bit of the plan, after builing it i go post pics for better understanding !

Here some seat pics:

After i´ve finished the final adjustment(after testing) i go seal the open wounds on the seat cause i don´t won´t to hurt my Pants(worst example: get of the bike after movement + edge of the seat = hole in a bad position).
I like Tippmann !!!

Ocasta View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ocasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2020 at 3:34am
Life has taken me many places from being the obnoxious teenager I was when I joined this forum around the age of 12 or 13. I'm 29 now, 30 is approaching like a hurricane. Absolutely nothing about my life turned out the way I thought it would,

I am so glad this forum still exists. I recognize nearly all of the user names on this thread. I cant even remember the names I've been through on here, other than Da Hui. 

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2020 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Ocasta Ocasta wrote:

I'm 29 now, 30 is approaching like a hurricane.

It's pretty much the same except you get hemorrhoids now. 
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2020 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by Ocasta Ocasta wrote:

I'm 29 now, 30 is approaching like a hurricane.

It's pretty much the same except you get hemorrhoids now. 

40 is pretty much the same as 30, but with the added insult of arthritis starting to rear its head.
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2020 at 2:51pm
Eat more fiber yall
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2020 at 3:10pm
Build that foot mounting Thing i still Need to reduce the top weight alot. I bought(ordered) me an Hometrainer that fixes your bike at the back axle so you can use your outdoor bike. Hope this will bring me faster back to normal !!!

I like Tippmann !!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2020 at 10:20pm
Spydercam, if you're not a mechanical engineer, you missed your natural profession dude! I was always amazed at how you modded your Tippmanns before your surgery, now I'm totally blown away at how you don't let anything stop you from getting back to "normal" and living your best life.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 34>
  Share Topic