Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Life Thread v2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 323334
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Promoted to captain, spent a year in Kuwait, drove from Indiana to Alaska, spent a lot of time fishing for salmon and only caught 2 sticks and a carcass so far.

Dip netting is your friend.

Thanks to the so-called management by Fish and Game, the commercial fleet has been pretty much free to fish as much as they want this year, so even dip netting has been slow with few even making it to fresh water.  So far the commercial fleet has pulled in almost 12 million fish this season.
ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Started from the botttom, not there yet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 9:13pm
Lets see, since the last time i was on here regularly:

-Graduated high school
-Graduated college with an AAS in diesel technology
-Got married
-Worked at a Freightliner dealer for a while before i quit
-Got on in a DOD position working for the Air Force

So i guess quite a bit has happened.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Promoted to captain, spent a year in Kuwait, drove from Indiana to Alaska, spent a lot of time fishing for salmon and only caught 2 sticks and a carcass so far.

Dip netting is your friend.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 12:55am
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 10:13pm
Machining for 6 years running. Almost 7. Bought a house. Still play paintball every now and again. I probably have enough guns still to equip the forum...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 10:00pm
Getting geared up for yet another school year. At my second location within the company and starting year #7. They've (yet again) taken a well trained Assistant Food Service Director from me (Hired him last year at this time) and promoted him to FSD of a new account we picked up this summer. This is the second time in as many years that they've done this to me. So I'm back at square one with how the new year is going to go. Instead of relaxing a bit, I'll be right back in the thick of things showing the new AFSD of Production how to do the job the right way. I won't rest until October unfortunately. By then, dove season will be done and I'll have missed the first month of bow season for whitetail. Only good news is that I'm apparently on the short-list for a promotion next year. I'd (theoretically) step up to a District Manager position in the Mid Atlantic. If all works out, I could move to the Eastern Panhandle of WV and get out of this commie, freedom-hating state.

My son is 3-1/2 and getting ready to start Pre-School this year. If all goes well, he'll be in Pre-K next year.

Got a new mower this year. The snapper finally kicked the bucket after 14 years of service (5 of which were with me). Governor on the Briggs and Stratton engine decided to self-destruct and take half the crank case with it. Apparently it's common in that particular motor after several years of work. My dad took it and put a new motor on it, but I decided to go ahead and buy something a bit more suited to my lawn and wound up with a nice Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro 42" lawn tractor. Hydrostatic transmission means no more shifting. It's quick enough for me, has a great turning radius, and cuts like a champ.

Other than that, we've just been plugging along. Last played paintball about 3 years ago. Still have my gear, but all the tanks are out of hydro. Hoping to hit the field this fall at some point now that my son is a bit more manageable with one parent watching him. My main trigger-centric distraction these days is trap and sporting clays. Two ranges within a half-hour of me. It's cheaper than a day at the paintball field to boot!

<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 8:44pm
Recently got a promotion which had me transferred to Albuquerque. Still no wife or kids, and don't plan on having kids of my own. Have been looking at new Honda Cicics. It would be my first new car I've ever owned. Haven't played since 2012.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 8:18pm
While we seem to have a pretty good sized cadre of old hands dropping in around what looked like would be the demise of a good thing, I'll try a social experiment:

What in the hell have you all been doing?

For me- Eight years after I left the education world, I was granted permanent status at my job. I finally know what its like to enjoy going to work every day. (er...night.) 
Still only two kids, (we're done) 8 and 4. The little one starts kindergarten this year. 

My notorious 'luck' with cars has gotten better. It'll do that when you stop buying pieces of crap. 
...although I DID manage to dent the bejesus out of one of the patrol cars at work three days before my probation was set to end. 

With the boys going to school, my wife is getting back to work after almost nine years being a stay at home mother, so we're not far out from buying a house. 

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you the last time I pulled a trigger on a paintball marker. I still have a bunch, but the game has died around me. Hardcore. Where there were once a half a dozen fields with an hour's drive, there MIGHT be one left. Other expensive hobbies have taken over. 

So. 

Your turn. 
?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 323334
  Share Topic