Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Life Thread v2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 34>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mehs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2021 at 6:07pm
It's amazing seeing this slice of the Internet still alive & kicking, and the occasional drop-in from you all saying hello. 

I'm married, 30ish, moved to rural-ish New England by all the good snowboarding, I love it here. 
Currently an engineering leader at a tech company, and have been full time remote over the course of the pandemic.

Still have my SL-68-II pump gun, my prized possession. I wonder if PBC on IRC is still up & running.

Heart you all.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2021 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Yikes.

I'm causing a ruckus at work too because we've spent the last year being told we're essential and having to work during the lockdowns and have had some traffic to push, including flights to fetch vaccines to now be told we're not part of the expidited vaccine roll out for essential workers because.... Reasons.

We've been unable to strike or even work-to-rule because we're so essential in the last 20 years and have been shafted every wage negotiation for what? To be told well you're essential but not essential essential.

Yikes right back. When this hit we had a good superintendent who delayed his planned retirement to see out the year. They worked out a decent hybrid plan over the summer with the new acting super, and somehow accidentally voted against a remote start to allow phasing into hybrid. Nobody else around tried that, then we got used was an example to push others to try it while the locals insisted on using parochial schools as examples for why we should be all-in without masks, which was never an option. We pretty quickly hit the automatic remote pivot point after Thanksgiving thanks to test-positivity in the community (the local PD had an outbreak) and immediately re-negotiated, rushed a general membership vote overnight, and ended up somehow ceding all decision-making to the acting super, who was then immediately hired permanently without competition. We also went right back and almost  immediately shutdown again because we ran out of staff and subs even without a move for work-to-rule because everyone was sick or quarantined.  Local idiots have organized themselves to push for all-in along with anti-vaxx and anti-mask and have been actively harassing and stalking teachers. One even had pictures of her at a funeral for her sibling shared with her admins and school board as evidence that they were going out in public. I had to lock down a lot of my social media since I was getting loads of very suspicious messages from sock accounts and anonymous views on linked-in all of a sudden. A few of those contacts looked like low-effort jailbait honeypots of the variety that should end in a woodchipper, which tracks since these reopen at all cost groups are full of people in Hawaiin shirts for some reason. This hasn't been a good time, but hey, numbers are down and despite a lot of people getting sick, nobody in the system died. Sure, they've been hospitalized and need continuing O2 therapy, and maybe their relatives died. I still might get Jimmy Hoffa'd if I don't shut up, but I'm not even a rep or anything, just a loudmouth. 
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2021 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by spydercam spydercam wrote:

I´ve been to Baden-Württemberg´s other middle, this one is the the middle of the balance of the map the other one is calculated by N/E/S/W villages of the State of Baden-Württemberg.

(the middle in Tübingen Looks better than in Böblingen but as Born Böblinger i´m a bit patriotic Wink)

Here a pic of me on a stormy saturday on top of a viewspot behind Tübingen Hospital Hill. The Grey building with different sized Windows is where i have my Physio-Action´s !

(Yes my hat is in worse shape cause of UV Light, but still in well conditions, thoose Flexfit caps are good Quality)

Nice! I used to be stationed in Boeblingen and lived in Leonberg..  If you're still there, the Schoenbuch Brauhaus is excellent. 
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Like a mad scientist, but with Tippmanns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2021 at 10:24pm
I know the "Brauhaus" we had there a couple end of Paintball season Meetings.
I like  "Linsen mit Spätzle" ,  "Käsespätzle" , "Zwiebelkuchen" , "Semmelknödel"  and for meat eaters, best choice would be a classic "Schnitzel" Wink

Böblingen(Panzer) and Leonberg i know well , BB-County isn´t bad !!! Smile
I like Tippmann !!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2021 at 11:53am
Spyder, I'll be in Germany at some point next summer. I know we'll be in Nuremberg towards the end of my time over there which isn't that far away from Baden-Wurttemberg from an American standpoint (I used to drive an hour each way to get to and from work every single day for example). I'll give you a shout as the trip gets closer to see if you would be interested in meeting up for a beer or something.

<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2021 at 6:59pm
Shure we can plan a Meeting, somewhere downtown in Germany ! Wink
For me traveling is cheap(Close to Zero) cause of Amputee-ID + puplic transport ticket.
Example Nürnberg-Stuttgart 200km, (standad car and traffic)max. 8l of gas for 100km, gasoline Prices today regular 1l / 1,50€ and Diesel 1l / 1,30€.
You don´t have to waste ca. 50€´s to meet me, for me it´s normaly no Problem to travel just takes more time !!!

Here i went to Heidelberg to have a Little walking Training:

Was a nice sunny day and i had a hard climb up this goat path i called him. But i was more exiting than Walking standard like all the tourists ! Smile

Edited by spydercam - 01 April 2021 at 7:00pm
I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2021 at 3:59pm
Easter-Sunday i went to Feldberg Mountain my Goal was to get on top but to much snow = not amputee friendly Wink

Some data: The "Feldberg" means something like field-mountain Close to 1500m high and is the highest mountain in State of Baden-Württemberg, he is placed in the south end of black forest.
I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2021 at 4:19pm
I think i havn´t posted so far !?!?!?

I went to Friedrichshafen at the swabian sea called "Bodensee" He´s between german, swiss and austrain border and goes into Rhein River. It´s pretty nice there and if there no clouds, you will have a nice Alpen-Panorama View. Wink

Statue of Mr.Zeppelin

Just some heat bubble´s not bad but after Long walks this is possible !
I like Tippmann !!!

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 12:03am
Buying a house has been the most stressful thing to ever happen to me.

The past year or so homes have flew off the market above asking. Realtor showed us a home not on the market yet, low price, needs renovation throughout due to age. GF is 10000% on board to buy it since it is the right price in the right location. 

The pressure on me has been nothing short of extreme. This opportunity will not come again and it is solely on my shoulders to decide this for us. 

Probably going to pass which makes me feel like a complete POS. I don't want to play carpenter every day/weekend
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2021 at 12:40am
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Buying a house has been the most stressful thing to ever happen to me.

The past year or so homes have flew off the market above asking. Realtor showed us a home not on the market yet, low price, needs renovation throughout due to age. GF is 10000% on board to buy it since it is the right price in the right location. 

The pressure on me has been nothing short of extreme. This opportunity will not come again and it is solely on my shoulders to decide this for us. 

Probably going to pass which makes me feel like a complete POS. I don't want to play carpenter every day/weekend

We bought an older house that needed updating throughout. It's been 8 years and we're just now tackling the more major projects. New kitchen, new bathroom downstairs, new windows, and eventually new siding. The smaller stuff (downstairs bathroom, laundry room, drywall repair here and there, even some structural things like supporting the main beam with jack posts to re-level the main floor) I can do myself without taking a month of Sundays to get it done. But the bigger things? We're paying to have them done. No sense in wasting all of my time with that. Buy something that at the very least just needs some cosmetic updates. No sense in taking care of someone else's deferred maintenance. The folks who moved in down the street from us learned that big-time and now the husband and his father in law are spending every weekend doing renovations because it's the only way they can afford to get everything done.
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 7:10pm
I went to Nürnberg this week, it´s a 2h23min trip by Train from Stuttgart.

Wink
I like Tippmann !!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:30pm
Very cool! That's one of our stops next summer when we take our tour through Europe!
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 5:55pm
After 7 Month´s of Corona-Break i had my first Trap-Shooting this year ! Smile

I´ve mounted my Cam with some tape on top of my base-cap-shield, in think not bad but it Needs to be adjusted, the angles a bit.

Picture:

I had 4 Rounds: 15/20/18/13 of 25 (i filmed the worst oneOuch)

Edited by spydercam - 31 May 2021 at 6:02pm
I like Tippmann !!!

impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2021 at 7:21pm
Still insanely jealous of spydercam!

I am grateful I didn't lose as much as some, but still got my teeth kicked in regarding the year 2020. But I recently received a offer letter for a really good job.... Feels good to have a win.
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2021 at 7:04pm
Today i had a trip to "Schaffhausen"

As you can see i painted my knee-protector, kind of Dessert-Camo(i did a worse paint-job just Looks good from far away) Wink

Incredible expensive this Country, you pay more than like in a german Tourist hot spot ! This is why most swiss People go Shopping down to Germany.
I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2021 at 8:23pm
I had my first boat trip after ... nice Training for the back. I´ve been to Bodensee, City of Radolfzell.

Wink
I like Tippmann !!!

Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2021 at 7:18pm
Just found a link to this place that actually works.  I thought it had died!

Wife and I bought our 2nd house outside Kansas City a couple weeks ago.  Between moving, buying a house, and selling a house, we've been pretty busy.  the new house was in dire need of cosmetic fixes.  It had been a rental for the past 16 years, and from talking to the neighbors, the owners did next to nothing to maintain it.  We're repainting everything, replacing all of the carpet with laminate and vinyl planks, and refinishing the cabinets, plus 2 bathrooms.  Mold remediation company is in the basement today cutting and cleaning (paid for by the sellers), so we'll have some drywalling to do down there soon too.  Trying to get everything done in the next couple of weeks while I'm on leave before I start a year of Army school and an MBA at Kansas at the same time.  

We were going to keep our house in GA and rent it out, but decided to take advantage of the current market.  Right now we're just waiting on the buyer's lender to clear closing (beware of Quicken Loans).  
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2021 at 2:02am
Kayback, you holding up okay?
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2021 at 9:00am
Yeah thanks!

I still live in the sane part of the country. Western Cape has avoided that garbage. Mostly because it is semi - tribal, with the Zulus getting ticked off the Ex Pres, who is a Zulu, was arrested. That wasn't the only reason of course but my part of the country is predominantly Xhosa and they don't give two tosses about a Zulu issue.

At the beginning of lockdown I started some minor prepping, and everyone thought I was going overboard. Well, I guess it wasn't too bad of an idea but like I said we've skipped most of that.

We have our own issues and I'm expecting similar if not the same things to kick off here but it's more likely our protests will involve burning Goverment buildings and such because people here know who to be angry at.

I'm a week tomorrow into my first vaccination (Pfizer) so have to wait till Sep 1 to get my full dose. My mom's fully vaxxed and my wife's parents are fully vaxxed too. We're going slow but it's being done. We're up to 260 000/day. Not super many but we only have 45 mil in the country, so it won't be long.

That being said my AK is still loaded, my SANDF Pattern 82 Battle Jacket is loaded with mags and gear.

Thanks for the concern!
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 7:15pm
Got married and moved houses the summer before 'Corona. Then got divorced, moved houses again and now bought a house in the Southern California's crazy housing market all during the Pandemic. Fully Vaccinated months ago, qualified early through work.

All of life's most stressful events all in the span of less than 2 years.

Came out stronger and happier.

Wish all of you good luck and happiness.

Have Fun and Stay Safe.

PS. SpyderCam you are an awesome and inspiring person! Your Tippmann mods and inventions, wow!

Edited by Hades - 28 July 2021 at 7:18pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 34>
  Share Topic