Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Life Thread v2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 34>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 10:02am
Kia has come a long way in terms of reliability, and are pretty solid. And have a 100k warranty. But also heard Kia and Hyundai are the #1 stolen vehicles, so you might want to compare insurance prices.

The only negative thing I've heard on the Fit is that there is no center console, or arm rest. I would also test drive a Toyota IM. The reviews I read said it's the best bang for the buck.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 10:03am
I like the Colorado a lot.  I replaced my Mazda 3 with it, so it's vastly different that what I was used to.  With the purchase of a house, I found myself wanting a truck for various projects/tasks, but didn't want anything too big.  In a perfect world my new place would have a driveway or parking spot for an extra vehicle and I could have bought a early 2000s F-150, but that was not the case.  The Mazda was a 2010 and only had 65k miles on it.  
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 11:45pm
Guys. I'm dumb. I'm about to go test drive an '85 T-Bird Turbo Coupe. Dirt cheap, relatively speaking. Now that I live in the mountains, I want a toy to zip around in. They're fox body, so most things Mustang can be made to fit. Apparently there are some problems with the turbo'd 2.3 Lima i4 they rock, but I'm hoping the money saved on the initial purchase would bring it up to speed while giving me a unique little hot rod.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 12:29am
If there's one thing I know about project cars, it's that saving money always works. LOL
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 12:45am
Oh, I'm not naive enough to believe in buying cheap to save money. I believe in buying cheap because I'm gonna tear it up...

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 4:16am
How much?
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 6:02am
$2,600. Has 139k on the clock. It's not a steal by any means, but it's RWD with a stick shift and a motor I can tinker with. There is nothing else around here that fits the bill for less than $3k.

A few years back the car would be worth around $1,500, but 80's cars are getting stupid spendy. An '87 Grand National (not GNX) is listed for $49k. And not a Mustang to be had for less than $3 either. So it's the T-bird for $2,600, or just save a bit more for something better. I've always been partial to tinkering with cheap, personally. I DID grow up a Tippmann fan! :p

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 9:32am
Miata?
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 11:20am
A Miata would be the SMART choice. But that ugly T-Bird is growing on me. The 2.3L seems to have some... quirks... but I think I'm wrapping my head around em. If I can find a junked Cobra, apparently the IRS will bolt in, provided I fab up some spacers. And if the engine is too much of a headache, I'll drop something else in there and eBay the turbo or something.

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 5:57pm
It has a Ford 8.8, I'd leave the rear end.

The T Birds are quite ugly, but go for it. I kick myself for not buying a CJ5 when I had the chance.

Or if you drive to PA I'll sell you my Rustang
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 8:11pm
Welp, checked out the T-Bird. A bit of a bust. So I guess open market again.

BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 5:58am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Miata?

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 7:23am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Welp, checked out the T-Bird. A bit of a bust. So I guess open market again.

Pick a new project.

CJ5?
Crusty 80s shortbed pickup?
Fox body Merc?
Malaise era station wagon?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 8:15am
I'm glad the T-Bird was a bust, everything fox-body already looks like it fell from the ugly tree, but the 85 T-bird turbo coupe looks like it also hit every branch on the way down.....
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 3:08pm
Changed direction. Got an Indian Scout. Old addictions are hard to shake. But you can't argue against 100 horses and 72 ft/lb...

So I lost my Triumph Bonneville in the flood. Loved that bike. It was MINE, y'know? Made it mine. After the insurance caught up, I tried to replace it with a Thruxton, which is just a factory cafe Bonnie. Beautiful bike, but... Wasn't the same. It was a wannabe sport bike that couldn't perform, so it sat. Got a Zook SV650 for dirt cheap I'm gonna rat/track out when I want to drop a knee, and yesterday I traded in the Thruxton, like new with 300 miles, for a new Indian Scout. Base model, black. A perfect platform. It was crated at the dealership, so I won't be able to get it until Tuesday. I'm jonesing hard...

Edited by DeTrevni - 17 June 2018 at 3:10pm

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2018 at 7:07pm
GUYS.

IT'S OKAY. IT'S BACK ONLINE. WE LIVE ANOTHER DAY.

I guess to contribute to this thread, I'm getting into vintage cameras like some old weirdo. I'm using a 35mm 1953 Argus C4 and getting destroyed with exposure.

I still also collect Coleman lanterns
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2018 at 9:06pm
Well that was weird.

PS: This new bike is amazing.

deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2018 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

GUYS.

IT'S OKAY. IT'S BACK ONLINE. WE LIVE ANOTHER DAY.

I still also collect Coleman lanterns

I thought part of my youth died when the forum failed to load.

I thought about buying a Coleman Lantern earlier in the week, but it was a Coleman Lantern edition camper. I've decided to wait one more year though.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2018 at 10:35am
How does one start collecting lanterns?
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2018 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

How does one start collecting lanterns?

I collect weird crap.

I bought one for camping and decided I liked playing with them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 34>
  Share Topic