Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Life Thread v2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 34>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2018 at 1:54pm
What's the most rare lantern?
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2018 at 3:27pm
I noticed the forum error too. Checked back today to see if was really diwn for good and here it is.

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2018 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

What's the most rare lantern?

For the most part:

Sears premium line (Ted Williams, all stainless, nickel, and brass. Made by Coleman, branded as Sears)

Gold Bond (standard lanterns painted ugly gold, given away by the Gold Bond stamp company)
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2018 at 1:05am
Lantern collecting. Huh. Didn't know that was a thing. Rock on.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 10:09pm
While I was washing my car yesterday I spotted a bulge in one of the sidewalls.  Since I like to drive fast and don't want to die, I decided to start looking for replacements.  It seems that there isn't a single shop in this state that carries my OEM tires and they all said it would have to be special ordered.  The lowest price I could find was $450 mounted per tire.  So  think I'm just going to upgrade to 4 new better tires for a little over double the cost of one OEM tire and try to make the difference back by selling the 3 good ones with only 11k miles on them.  
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 10:16pm
Eh, wear your seat belt, you'll be fine.
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 11:55pm
Nah, definitely replace em.

What the heck kind of setup do you drive that a single tire could cost $450??? When I slapped on my last set, I went with Hankook RS-3's, just about the best street tire you can get (for dry weather racing) and paid $95/tire (unmounted)...
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 12:58am
An OEM Mustang GT.  It has the "premium" wheel package so its 265/35R20s all around with Pirelli P-Zeros.  The Ford dealerships don't even carry them.  All the shops in town have to special order them from Tacoma.  I suspect they all use the same wholesaler.  The only place that even keeps that size in stock is Costco.  
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 4:03am
Ahhh, gotcha, gotta pay that Pirelli Premium!  Evil Smile

I pass by this all the time haha

Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 11:43am
Yeah I'm switching over to Michelin PS 4S.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 6:22pm
An indent is good, a buldge is bad. I bet you will love the Michelin Pilot Sports
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 10:21pm
Well, called Costco back today to schedule an appointment, and it turns out the guy I talked to yesterday was wrong and they don't have anything in that size either.  So I ordered the Michelins and should have them in 7-10 days.  Yay Alaska.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2018 at 8:48am
Flying out to Missouri on Monday, then driving to Lake of the Ozarks. It's been about 4 years since I've had a week long vacation, so I'm pretty stoked!
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2018 at 2:09pm
If you haven't been, check out party cove.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2018 at 3:06pm
Been there!
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Truly a shining example to you all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2018 at 7:15am
Currently in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.

Great place but the heat is going to kill me. Had an overnight in Samarkand which is simply stunning.

Also, my gf's mother speaks no English and my Russian is more or less limited to insulting people's mothers so im kinda stuck for conversation.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2018 at 4:14am
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

Also, my gf's mother speaks no English and my Russian is more or less limited to insulting people's mothers so im kinda stuck for conversation.

Yeah, that's a tough one, especially if the GF isn't available at the moment to act as an interpreter for the two of you. Have you used any of the translator apps for your phone? I know Google Translate will work offline and translate speech to speech (ie, she talks and it says what she's saying in English). Not sure how well it handles the Scottish accent though. Microsoft Translator can work really well if downloaded on both your phone and the GF's mother's phone. It allows you to have a two-way spoken conversation without pauses.

Is the GF ethnic Uzbek?

Edited by tallen702 - 07 July 2018 at 4:16am
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 10:00pm
Was told this morning I'll be demoted. So now I'm moving back home and applying for union electrician or lineman.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2018 at 9:02am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Was told this morning I'll be demoted. So now I'm moving back home and applying for union electrician or lineman.

Dude, that sucks! I know you said they were having some financial difficulties. Union electricians make good money as do linesmen. You won't regret either of those decisions.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2018 at 6:44pm
It was actually a relief. I wanted out, but was too comfortable to leave. This gave me the nudge I needed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 34>
  Share Topic