Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Life Thread v2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 34>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Truly a shining example to you all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2019 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Didn't get the job, still stuck at my depressing job of helping people with their healthcare.

Grandpa ended up in the ICU.

Went to the cardiologist, he said my palpitations are from stress and anxiety. So gym membership here I come.

But I am going to my buddies property this weekend to shoot guns and ride my atv. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

That's **edited** mate. Chin up and carry on.

Btw is the level of interviewing you had to go through standard where you are? That sounded really intense and unnecessary.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2019 at 9:29am
Didn't die, but I sure as hell wanted to with that stone. Once the initial pain is passed (once it drops into your bladder) it's pretty easy going unless it's a spiky son of a beotch and then it'll just rip its way down your urethra. Luckily, mine was calcium-based which meant it dissolved.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2019 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

Didn't get the job, still stuck at my depressing job of helping people with their healthcare.

Grandpa ended up in the ICU.

Went to the cardiologist, he said my palpitations are from stress and anxiety. So gym membership here I come.

But I am going to my buddies property this weekend to shoot guns and ride my atv. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

That's **edited** mate. Chin up and carry on.

Btw is the level of interviewing you had to go through standard where you are? That sounded really intense and unnecessary.

That was standard for Geico.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2019 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Didn't die, but I sure as hell wanted to with that stone. Once the initial pain is passed (once it drops into your bladder) it's pretty easy going unless it's a spiky son of a beotch and then it'll just rip its way down your urethra. Luckily, mine was calcium-based which meant it dissolved.

Those sound absolutely terrible.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2019 at 12:18pm
I just bought an immediate post-war Hi-Standard Dura-Matic M100. Got it for just under $200 because the grips are chipped and someone took a wire brush to it at some point, so the finish is fonked, but it's going to be a range plinker and squirrel killer, so I don't care about looks. Otherwise it's fine with a great bore and excellent overall mechanical function. Repro grips are coming in next week thanks to eBay. Always wanted one ever since the original Medal of Honor games back in the late 1990s.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2019 at 12:47pm
We're buying a house, so that's cool. 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2019 at 12:22am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

I just bought an immediate post-war Hi-Standard Dura-Matic M100. Got it for just under $200 because the grips are chipped and someone took a wire brush to it at some point, so the finish is fonked, but it's going to be a range plinker and squirrel killer, so I don't care about looks. Otherwise it's fine with a great bore and excellent overall mechanical function. Repro grips are coming in next week thanks to eBay. Always wanted one ever since the original Medal of Honor games back in the late 1990s.

I picked up a couple of of Hi-Standard pistols. One is a Supermatic Space Gun and forget the other model. Also picked up a Winchester Model 12. Really need to do some research on all 3, the price seemed right so I don't think I did too bad.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2019 at 12:24am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Congrats! Pics or shens! Big smile
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2019 at 7:51am

Say goodbye to free time! It's great owning a house, but regular maintenance eats away at nights and weekends like you wouldn't believe.

Still, congrats! I wouldn't want to be anything other than a homeowner. For us, it's been the best investment we've ever made. Our home's value has shot up $100k in the 6 short years we've owned it.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2019 at 7:53am

I picked up a couple of of Hi-Standard pistols. One is a Supermatic Space Gun and forget the other model. Also picked up a Winchester Model 12. Really need to do some research on all 3, the price seemed right so I don't think I did too bad.

Yeah, the Dura-Matic I bought is considered "entry level" by collectors, which is fine, I'm going to shoot the hell out of it.

I'll likely pick up one of their heavy barrel Military models that they used for training and OSS operatives in WWII as my next example. That one will be more of a safe queen.

Model 12 is a solid shotgun. On par with the 1897 IMHO.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2019 at 9:11pm
I got a new job, and I'm really happy. I hope I still like it after the honeymoon phase
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 11:07am

I'll post some once everything is finalized and we have keys. Our offer was accepted, we're shopping around for mortgages now. Our credit scores are 830 and 775 and we have the cash to put about 12 percent down, so it's mostly been an issue of seeing who will give us the best rate on a 30-year fixed. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 08 March 2019 at 11:07am
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Strike #4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 12:42pm

I'll post some once everything is finalized and we have keys. Our offer was accepted, we're shopping around for mortgages now. Our credit scores are 830 and 775 and we have the cash to put about 12 percent down, so it's mostly been an issue of seeing who will give us the best rate on a 30-year fixed.

I'm doing the homebuying thing too. Two or three weeks ago I threw like four lenders into the thunderdome to see who would come up with the best deal. It's a huge pain in the ass, but totally worth it. Sending loan estimates to other loan officers, waiting for them to hear back about special exceptions, etc. I ended up dropping 5/8 of a point on my interest rate from the first lender I talked to, but you can probably rely on 1/4 to 1/2 a point lower when you start playing lenders off each other.

Edited by Hairball!!! - 08 March 2019 at 12:43pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 2:28pm
We were lucky to get in before the new PMI rules took effect with the FHA. Locked in 3.25% on a 30-year fixed from Atlantic-Pacific Mortgage who then sold it off to Freedom Mortgage (this is typical). We've got 2 more years of PMI and then it's gone forever!!!! Woot!
Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
hey bud, let’s party!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2019 at 1:57pm
Embarrassed

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2019 at 9:49am
I bought this house: 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2019 at 10:05am
I like it!
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2019 at 9:35pm
Picturesque!
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2019 at 7:39am
Very nice, Whale!

On a less wonderful news note, I had a ureteroscopy a week ago. I highly recommend avoiding one of these as much as possible. Long story short, I had to have a kidney stone removed from my ureter. It was essentially a stone the diameter of a .223 round. It wasn't blocking the ureter completely, so there wasn't any pain, but anything else that came along and got hung up on it was going to put me in a world of hurt. The surgery was easy, but the recovery suuuucks. I woke up from general anesthesia just fine and felt fine, but you piss razor blades and a horror-show's worth of blood for a couple of days regardless of the medicines they give you, then when that pain stops, you get a new, and even worse pain in your kidneys every time you hit the head from your urine refluxing up the stent they put between your kidney and bladder to help speed healing. Once you finally get the stent removed (which they do while you're wide awake) you feel fine for the first day, and then like crap for the next 5.

My doctors were awesome, but man does the recovery suck.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2019 at 1:31pm
They cut open your ding dong?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 34>
  Share Topic