Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Life Thread v2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 34>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2019 at 7:54pm
Looking at buying my first house in Savannah.  I just wish that HOAs weren't so damn common these days.
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2019 at 12:52am
The last couple of weeks have been a real nail biter.  I made a plan in July to drive my car down to Haines then take the ferry over to Juneau this month.  In Juneau, I was going to put my car in a storage unit until I move in October.  The first week of October is when winter weather starts to move in to the mountain passes between here and Haines, and I don't want to chance that in a Mustang with summer tires.  This way, in October I can just fly down to Juneau, get my car out, and get on the ferry to Washington.  So I got the unit rented, booked the ferry, made all of my travel reservations, and 2 weeks ago, the ferry workers went on strike.  I was scheduled leave this coming Tuesday for the drive down, and the ferry workers and state finally reached a deal yesterday with service resuming tomorrow.  
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2019 at 9:13pm
USAF got engaged, in Jamaica, so yeah... that happened.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2019 at 10:44pm
My son joined the Marines, he left on July 29th. He has started his first training day yesterday.  The wife and I got a call from him at 12:38 a.m., I heard the DI's in the back ground of his 14 second call.  My wife cried...I laughed.  Brought back memories of my days on Parris Island.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2019 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Looking at buying my first house in Savannah.  I just wish that HOAs weren't so damn common these days.

I didn't know you were in the area. 
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2019 at 11:12pm
Had to burn all my PTO recovering from uh rear-end surgery, was supposed to go visit my grandmas right when it happened too. :-/
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2019 at 11:46am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I didn't know you were in the area. 

I won't be there for a couple of months yet.  Went down last week to start looking at houses, put in an offer, got accepted, inspection came back clean, now just waiting for everything else to work out to close on it.
Kingtiger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2019 at 10:57pm
I still exist. I grew up and stopped being a useless, piece of crap, teenager. Now I'm just useless. Got on disability without a lawyer. Somehow. Almost went to prison, didn't, got my crap together. Have a Girlfriend. No marriage plans until I can get off disability. And I have my attainable dream car, which may not sound like much, but I love it. A 2004 WRX Wagon with full STI swap. Also, I lied. I'm a lady.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2019 at 10:00pm
Old faces still popping in. Denver eh? I'm living in Longmont right now.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Kingtiger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2019 at 1:20pm
Longmont, huh? That's not too far. Could do one of those meetups the kids are all talking about, these days.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2019 at 4:47pm

I won't be there for a couple of months yet.  Went down last week to start looking at houses, put in an offer, got accepted, inspection came back clean, now just waiting for everything else to work out to close on it.

Cool! Whereabouts in the area? Most people I know who move over there end up living in Pooler because it's closer for the commute to Statesboro. 

Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2019 at 12:58am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Cool! Whereabouts in the area? Most people I know who move over there end up living in Pooler because it's closer for the commute to Statesboro. 

That's where I'm ending up as well!  I'll be driving to Stewart every day, but I figure the little extra commute will be worth it to be closer to Savannah, Hilton Head, and Tybee on the weekends.  Looks like my closing is going to be pushed back a little bit due Dorian closing everything down this week, but I'm glad I haven't had to worry about any potential damage this go around.  
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2019 at 9:06am

Looks like my closing is going to be pushed back a little bit due Dorian closing everything down this week, but I'm glad I haven't had to worry about any potential damage this go around.  

Yeah we're getting very little of anything storm related.

Classes got cancelled for the whole week because our campuses in Savannah and Hinesville were in the evacuation zone, meaning they shut down our main campus over here in Statesboro too, since some students enrolled over at those campuses take classes at ours, and it wouldn't really work to have students not knowing which classes they actually need to go to. 

It's funny, when I was a student I would have loved a week-long hurricane break. On the other side of things I'm sitting here angry I have to reschedule like five assignments into next week. 

When you're here and settled I'll buy you lunch or something. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 04 September 2019 at 9:07am
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 1:39pm
Trying to deal with my son and school/before/aftercare. He just started public kindergarten and is having some issues with controlling his impulses. Hitting/kicking if another kid is playing with something he wants, mis-understanding that other kids aren't teasing him, but he thinks they are, trouble keeping his emotions in check. Today, he ganked some poor kids lucky charms at before-care because he thought they looked good. He knows better than to do all of this stuff, but can't seem to keep himself from doing so. Hoping that counseling will help. If not, it may take some Straterra.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2019 at 10:07pm
So, I just spent more time in the vicinity of Philly than I ever wanted to. First was for work for 3 days. Second was to take the kiddo to Dutch Wonderland for some roller coaster fun and then chill with the in laws overnight. More than enough for a while.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2019 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

So, I just spent more time in the vicinity of Philly than I ever wanted to. First was for work for 3 days. Second was to take the kiddo to Dutch Wonderland for some roller coaster fun and then chill with the in laws overnight. More than enough for a while.

I missed the part where you called ceesman and myself to hang out.

Edited by SSOK - 18 October 2019 at 10:57pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2019 at 8:49am
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Neither of you ever gave me your numbers sooo.....

Also, I was working my ass off for most of it. I'll be back in December though for a big conference with my company. Give you a shout then for a meet up? I'll be up there the 28th of December through the 30th.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2019 at 8:49pm

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Neither of you ever gave me your numbers sooo.....

Also, I was working my ass off for most of it. I'll be back in December though for a big conference with my company. Give you a shout then for a meet up? I'll be up there the 28th of December through the 30th.

No worries. I keep a low profile. 
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2019 at 8:52pm
My Son has graduated from the University of Science Music and Culture this past Friday.

Edited by Ceesman762 - 29 October 2019 at 8:53pm
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2019 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

My Son has graduated from the University of Science Music and Culture this past Friday.

ISeeWhatYouDidThere.jpg

Nice! Tell him congrats for me! Just in time to celebrate the B-Day as well.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 34>
  Share Topic