Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Life Thread v2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 34>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ocasta View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ocasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2020 at 1:15am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by Ocasta Ocasta wrote:

I'm 29 now, 30 is approaching like a hurricane.

It's pretty much the same except you get hemorrhoids now. 

40 is pretty much the same as 30, but with the added insult of arthritis starting to rear its head.

See, this is why I'm nervous. 

Within a year, my own butthole will turn on me. 

Ten years from that, existence will cause my body to ache and not just my mind. 
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2020 at 11:36pm

Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I'm 29 now, 30 is approaching like a hurricane.

It's pretty much the same except you get hemorrhoids now. 

40 is pretty much the same as 30, but with the added insult of arthritis starting to rear its head.

See, this is why I'm nervous. 

Within a year, my own butthole will turn on me. 

Ten years from that, existence will cause my body to ache and not just my mind. 

You get used to it. Alcohol and expensive hobbies seem to help take the edge off.

For the arthritis, 2oz gin, 1/2oz simple syrup, 1/2oz fresh lemon juice, and 6oz champagne over ice seems to make it so you don't feel anything after a couple of drinks. For the hemorrhoids, buys softer chairs.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 12:29am
Well here we are. Retired, living on a Farm in NoWhere (Ceresco) Nebraska, https://www.google.com/maps/@41.0740598,-96.6913185,293m/data=!3m1!1e3

Who would of though, 12 grandkids, 2 great grandkids, wife ready to retire, just all is well with the world.

Had to give up riding dirt and motocross myself, but do it by proxy as my grand daughters transportation, mechanic, and financial backer.

Bought a Polaris 570 ACE quad so I can at least ride dirt in some form.https://ace.polaris.com/en-us/ace-570-eps/

Back to playing paintball, $1200 in gear so far more on the way. Just played in a Big Game and the memories of OMHW flowing back.

Have to sell my Kawasaki KLR 650 as can no longer ride 2 wheels.

Looking at handicap accessable new pick up truck

Doing house remodeling as I am restricted to 1 floor as stairs can be a hazard for me with balance issues.

Getting an 'off road' wheel chair. https://www.gogrit.us/#:~:text=The%20GRIT%20Freedom%20Chair%20is%20an%20all-terrain%20wheelchair,bike%20wheels%20and%20a%20big%2C%20sturdy%20front%20wheel.

Planning on rebuilding model railroad layout part of which (German) has not seen the light of day since 1985. Winter project.

Way too many expensive hobbies..................
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Like a mad scientist, but with Tippmanns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2020 at 12:58pm
Iīm now 41 years old and if i donīt Keep on moving hard, i know the bill in high Age will be much higher i think !!!

Yeeaahhh i like thinking about things and try build them if ... the hole world Needs a rebuild but we are full Speed into ... !

I donīt go to church cause for me itīs just making Money with People who believe something(as Long nobody getīs hurt by any ... i would tollerate each) thatīs past for me like kingdomīs etc. Never blindly follow any leader !!! Here now the pic of smart People of the past:

If we would just take what we Need everthing would be fine but ... now we are in the beginnig of "Nature strikes back" cause of a few(many) ... and we gonna lose this battle for shure, may(i hope) some native People will survive cause they done nothing wrong !!!

Life isnīt easy when People donīt go on learn, shure living in a pink world is easier but otherīs pay for !
I like Tippmann !!!

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2020 at 12:59am
I'm potentially buying a new car tomorrow and I'm really upset about it.

Looking at a 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid, 60K miles with a new hybrid battery, asking price of $4500. Looks clean and a good buy.

This would entail selling my beloved 2002 Ford Explorer Sport. The explorer by all means is due for replacement. It has 230K miles, a known bad year for timing chains, and a medium list of broken things on it.

...but, I'm really upset about the Explorer. I love that car. It's sharp looking, two door, body on frame selectable 4WD/RWD, and I've truly beat the thing to death while barely maintaining it. The car has been very good to me and I'm sad to put it on the chopping block.

I still have my first vehicle (93 F150), sold my 65 Mustang, and bought a Harley Sportster.
Ocasta View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ocasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2020 at 2:19am
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Looking at a 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid, 60K miles with a new hybrid battery, asking price of $4500. Looks clean and a good buy.

This would entail selling my beloved 2002 Ford Explorer Sport. The explorer by all means is due for replacement. It has 230K miles, a known bad year for timing chains, and a medium list of broken things on it.

...but, I'm really upset about the Explorer. I love that car. It's sharp looking, two door, body on frame selectable 4WD/RWD, and I've truly beat the thing to death while barely maintaining it. The car has been very good to me and I'm sad to put it on the chopping block.

I still have my first vehicle (93 F150), sold my 65 Mustang, and bought a Harley Sportster.

Is there any pressing issues with the Explorer or are you getting out before hand?

I know I never, ever, wanted to sell my first truck, so I can relate. 2005 Toyota Tacoma access cab TRD Off Road Prerunner. A lot of folk on this forum made fun of me for getting a Prerunner. I had that truck for 11 years, put over 130K miles of towing, off roading, took it to the drag strip a few times, lived in it for six months, I loved that truck. It died in 2018, a kid in a Scion FR-S rear ended/side swiped me on the highway doing 120+ mph. He never touched the brakes. I walked away from that wreck without so much as a bruise from the seatbelt. I cried the day State Farm told me it was totalled and I had to clear my belongings from it at the dealer. 
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2020 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Look for rust, especially on the rear strut towers.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2020 at 3:10am
God, I gotta catch y'all up. I'm still here and Doing It.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2020 at 4:25pm
I actually passed on the Escape. It was $4500, clean, 60K miles, and had a new hybrid battery.

I just didnt like it. It drove "weird", I couldn't plug in my phone or change the radio (love my casette adapter), and rode like a Conestoga wagon.

Edited by SSOK - 19 July 2020 at 4:26pm
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2020 at 4:32pm
Bought me a Bike fix Thing !

Made in PRC but cheap and itīs doing his Job(may not for a Long Time)!   

Here i made a vid of getting on and off the bike:

Get back on Bike

Need to Train alot more before get back on road !!!
I like Tippmann !!!

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2020 at 9:14am
Yesterday i was skeet Shooting, my cam filmed a complete round(just 15 of 25 but it was a swabian round "just one round for each") !!!

1st time after ... shooting part II

A skeet rifle build would be cool !?!?!?

Edited by spydercam - 02 August 2020 at 9:15am
I like Tippmann !!!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2020 at 3:32am
Originally posted by spydercam spydercam wrote:

Yesterday i was skeet Shooting, my cam filmed a complete round(just 15 of 25 but it was a swabian round "just one round for each") !!!

1st time after ... shooting part II

A skeet rifle build would be cool !?!?!?

Oh man I love trap/skeet shooting. Recently sold my 870 that I never use, and hopefully one day will pickup an over under, probqbly CZ seeing that I'm turning into a fanboy.

I start my new job on Mon, with a tutoring company I was fired from in January due to not hitting quota. Will return to a non sales role, but will take a hit compensation wise. These good news is I get 52hrs of free tutoring, now I'm deciding how to use them. I would like to at least get my electronics degree and either work on robots or electric vehicles. 
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2020 at 1:22pm
Vid. from yesterday we had pretty warm weather:

1st time after ... shooting part III

I shoot a Beretta Gold Edition... a Rental Rifle(Price Level new 3k €īs) but i think CZ is well too. Most important i think is a right fit in the shoulder and good spot to lean head against. I like the style of Shooting, be quick but cool enough to donīt get in Panic !

Have a good start !!!

I like Tippmann !!!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2020 at 8:39pm
$3k ouch! Prob makes sense to rent if it isn't a heavy passion hobby.

To rent do you need any special license like to buy?
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2020 at 2:14am
Iīm back from 3 weeks of Walking School near "Neuschwanstein" Castle.
Hard time there i still feel my back !!!

I like Tippmann !!!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2020 at 3:15am
Well hot damn that place is beautiful..

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2020 at 12:33pm
Sorry i have not read well !
To rent you just Need to be older than 18 years. To get your own you Need a (WBK) license, to get her you must be member over a year and shot more than 12-14 times a year. With parents you can shot with 14 years of Age. This is all i know so far from german weapon law i donīt Need to know more as rental rifle user !!!

Here pics from my boat trip which was free for me. The captain got an easy Job !

The lake(Forggensee 12km Long and 3km wide) from top view:

I like Tippmann !!!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2020 at 4:34pm
Stopppppp. I'm so damn jealous, I want to visit that region so bad.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2020 at 7:26pm
Wow Spydercam, that looks incredible! I've always wanted to see Neuschwanstein, much like impulse418, I'm super jealous!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2020 at 8:35pm
stop by Andechs while you're in the area!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 34>
  Share Topic