Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Life Thread v2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 34>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 8:21am
I got a new-used car. It's a 2020 Buick Encore AWD. Technically it was listed as one-owner used because one of the big dealership groups in Savannah bought it from their Buick lot back in June and used it as a loaner car on their BMW lot. It had 2,170 miles on it. They let it go for $18k with tax and everything out the door, which tells me they were looking to just not own it anymore. 

Also they offered me $480 trade for the poor ol' Hyundai. I was able to wiggle them up to $700 but I think they were probably more correct considering the robust problems it was developing.

My S/O said I had to pose with it for a photo: 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 05 January 2021 at 8:22am
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 11:55am
Awesome! Did your SO end up getting the Honda Fit?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Awesome! Did your SO end up getting the Honda Fit?

Nah she ended up with a Nissan Juke and loves it. Got a great deal on a 2017 because they were discontinuing them and that was the final production year. It keeps up her tradition of only owning the weirdest possible vehicles. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 8:38pm
I had my S/O list out the cars she's owned as proof. The vast majority of these were hand-me-downs from her dad, who is a notorious "spot a car in someone's yard and offer them a few hundred cash for it" kinda guy. None of these were close to new when she got them, so the years are not chronological even if they look like it, if that makes sense. 

Here is what she recalls:

1975 MG Midget (First car, started the whole trend)
1978 VW Beetle 
1990 Mazda 3 ("The only normal car I ever owned. It also lasted the longest, and maybe that's related?" she contemplated upon remembering the car) 
1995 Mazda Miata 
1999 Jeep Wrangler (With hodgepodge lift kit)
2003 Mini Cooper
2005 VW New Beetle (Which she was driving when we met)

And that is now capped off with a 2017 Nissan Juke. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 06 January 2021 at 9:30am
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2021 at 6:31am
Your SO drove all the vehicles that a 17 year old male would want (except for the Bug). She's only missing a clapped out pickup truck and a Mustang/Civic missing an exhaust.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2021 at 6:56pm
Speaking of the Mazda 3, I looooove the new Mazda 3. In fact all of their cars look awesome. 

Edited by impulse418 - 06 January 2021 at 6:58pm
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2021 at 10:42pm
Just found out the Army thinks I’m fit to be promoted to Major. Should be fun.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2021 at 11:24am

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Your SO drove all the vehicles that a 17 year old male would want (except for the Bug). She's only missing a clapped out pickup truck and a Mustang/Civic missing an exhaust.

The best part is up until the Mini, they were all hand-me-downs because she has two siblings who the cars would filter through first. And all that is after these cars mostly being found in yards or bought with a few hundred bucks cash from the classifieds by her dad and "fixed up" by an uncle who was a carpenter by trade and kinda roughly knew something about cars. 

The condition of all these cars by the time she got them is legendary. Pushing 250k miles, pieces and parts constantly falling off, stuff fixed with duct tape, etc. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 07 January 2021 at 2:47pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2021 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Just found out the Army thinks I’m fit to be promoted to Major. Should be fun.

Ayyy congrats! 

You work at Hunter right? Or did I imagine that? 

I got my new car at Critz, which is on that street just on the other side of an entrance to the base. When I was driving to get it I had a thought of "I know someone from the forum works at Hunter or Stewart and I'm not sure who it is or which base." 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 07 January 2021 at 11:56am
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2021 at 2:51am
Thanks! I’m stationed at Stewart but on a rotation to Korea now. Sucks to be away from home, but at least I’m in a country that has a handle on the ‘rona. The country actually started implementing prevention measures when they got to 500 cases per day.
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Like a mad scientist, but with Tippmanns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2021 at 1:50pm
A few days ago my shower shoes has arrived so i had my first shower in Standing Position after more than 2 years(in sitting Position)!

I like Tippmann !!!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2021 at 4:16pm
A documentary film maker in California is working on a doc about the hidden long-term physical and mental health issues firefighters face in their careers. He's basing a portion of it on my dad, who is in the final stages of his early-onset Alzheimer's. 

Because of COVID and his first kid being born, the filmmaker cannot really travel, so I've been helping out with the filming in this region. It started off just with some guys who knew my dad. It has spiraled into interviews with a woman fireman who had double breast cancer and now teaches decontamination safety at the state fire college, a guy who developed a rare pediatric brain tumor at age 40, a guy who got esophageal and nasal tumors, a guy who developed an essential tremor, and three guys who all had PTSD and depression, two of which had to go to rehab for drugs and alcohol after suicide attempts. Up until one of those last guys really pushed for it, counseling/therapy was not even covered by their health insurance. 

Yet somehow, despite how dark all these interviews end up being, it feels like I'm at least helping do some good. The goal is to bring attention to these issues that build up over a career of exposure to both toxins and stress, and showcase the lack of support for those whose health issues don't fit the standard assumed health issues, like lung cancers. 

spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2021 at 11:26am
I´m getting closer to get back on Bike !

Get back on Bike II

If i´m motivated enough i may go finish the seat this WE too !?!?!?
I like Tippmann !!!

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2021 at 10:21am
Yesterday makes one month since the last post...
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2021 at 1:50am
Yesterday i had a trip to the middle of Baden-Württemberg.

Today i have a check of my health in the Hospital, i hope everything is fine !!!
I like Tippmann !!!

Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2021 at 8:22am
Well nothing worth posting happening in my life. Just dropped $600 on new tyres for my wife's car. We're going boating for the weekend with my sister and her family next weekend. Can't honestly recall where my PB gear is. I think I saw my mask about a year ago.

While our flight numbers are way down Covid has just been like a year-long weekend without the fun places to go to.

I did go collect my paperwork for my licenses for my Glock 26 and 1911. Registration and "common sense" laws like federal licensing is for the birds.
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
mbro View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2021 at 10:47pm
Hiooooo!

Welp I'm married with two kids now, 5 and 3. I'm middle management in a distribution center for a food service company. I recently sold a rental property I owned for a few years doing the landlord thing and purchased a plot of land to build my next house on sometime next year when lumber prices hopefully drop some.

I've been putzing away at second degree in computer programming and will graduate with that at the end of summer semester. I probably won't do anything with it but it's fun to learn and comes in handy often. After that I'll probably go for an MBA once we're done with building the house.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2021 at 1:01am
Oh wow, this is back. I'm uh, relationshipped up for a year and a half, halfway to being vaccinated, and despite loathing union politics have decided to open my big mouth about a variety of things that undercut peddled fictions and am probably risking my job in a public school for it, but the threats are coming from within the union and not the administration so yay? This whole year has been an absolute goat-rodeo. 
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2021 at 5:52am
Yikes.

I'm causing a ruckus at work too because we've spent the last year being told we're essential and having to work during the lockdowns and have had some traffic to push, including flights to fetch vaccines to now be told we're not part of the expidited vaccine roll out for essential workers because.... Reasons.

We've been unable to strike or even work-to-rule because we're so essential in the last 20 years and have been shafted every wage negotiation for what? To be told well you're essential but not essential essential.
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2021 at 5:08pm
I´ve been to Baden-Württemberg´s other middle, this one is the the middle of the balance of the map the other one is calculated by N/E/S/W villages of the State of Baden-Württemberg.

(the middle in Tübingen Looks better than in Böblingen but as Born Böblinger i´m a bit patriotic Wink)

Here a pic of me on a stormy saturday on top of a viewspot behind Tübingen Hospital Hill. The Grey building with different sized Windows is where i have my Physio-Action´s !

(Yes my hat is in worse shape cause of UV Light, but still in well conditions, thoose Flexfit caps are good Quality)

Edited by spydercam - 16 March 2021 at 6:08pm
I like Tippmann !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 34>
  Share Topic