Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Life Thread v2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 34>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2017 at 5:30pm
Moved to Utah almost 5 years ago.  Found a job, bought car, bought a house, got married, got promoted, had a baby daughter.  Probably will start to look for a job elsewhere.  5 years in one place is a bit much and we are looking for something new to try.  
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 1:47pm
I got divorced after 21 years... Ex has mental issues, and I the drama was insane. 

Bought a house 3 years ago right after the divorce that was completely trashed, I have been working on it since. Replaced just about everything in the house so far, but it is now how I want it, so it was worth it, and I paid cash for it so no more mortgages! Woot! 

Gave my ex half my money and still came out ahead in the end. Lol. 

I met a really cool chick and we got married two years ago, now I get to do what I want, and she travels with me to big paintball games all over. So far we have done living legends 2 times, clowns vs zombies, 5 big games at Splatterpark, the first magfed game in Michigan,  3 big games locally, and gone to NC to play paintball as well as traveled a ton all over the country. 

I still work for my ex's family, my ex brother in law is my best friend, and my ex father in law is my boss. Which you think would be weird, but it is totally chill as they know the mental issues that I dealt with for years. 

I am now a writer for paintball media magazine, as well as a photographer for paintball. And still do my youtube/facebook/instagram stuff. And work on my house, and have fun with my new wife. I have almost 300,000 miles on my Acura TSX and I got a convertible BMW as well for fun. 

Still sponsored for paintball, and have more markers than I know what to do with... But, it is a good time and a great stress reducer! 

It is good to hear all of you are doing well, Sorry to hear about the hurricane causing DeTrevni's house to flood, that sucks... 

Hopefully FEMA will come thru and your insurance will cover the rest. I've heard from friends who have been through big events like that, that in the end it all worked out better...

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 11 October 2017 at 1:48pm
They tremble at my name...
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2017 at 8:47pm

Got myself a new gat. Mossberg Shockwave.

Edited by impulse418 - 17 October 2017 at 8:48pm
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2017 at 11:04pm
Picked up a new used car.  Turns out that you can get some great deals on sports cars when the Alaskan winter is barreling down.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2017 at 4:11am
Premium package GT. Nice.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 6:52pm
Does the mustang glow on the ground when you open the doors?
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 10:40pm
Yeah.  Gimmicky but entertaining.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2017 at 10:52pm
Want a couple new toys. Desert Tech MDR

And the IWI Galil Ace in 7.62x39

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2017 at 6:44am
Wife got herself a new car this weekend.

2017 Tucson Eco 1.6T AWD

Nice and roomy, solidly built, and the turbo (despite just being a 1.6L engine) packs a good punch for what is ultimately a pretty light curb-weight. It'll scoot!

I'm actually totally jealous of her car right now. I like driving it unlike a lot of the other crossovers and small to mid-sized SUVs out there. Definitely feels and drives better than her mom's Rav-4.

Edited by tallen702 - 23 October 2017 at 6:46am
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2017 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Got myself a new gat. Mossberg Shockwave.

Strongly considering an 870 Tac 14 only because all the other household shotguns are 870s. How do you like it?

The only reason I don't like them is I can't justify one other than the lulz factor
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2017 at 9:12pm
Haven't shot it, but it's freaking awesome. I like it over ghe 870 because 5+1 instead of 4+1.
And Remington is terrible since Freedom Group took them over, which is a shame. Love my pre 2007 express.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2017 at 10:52am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Wife got herself a new car this weekend.

2017 Tucson Eco 1.6T AWD

Did the Walking Dead influence this decision? Tongue
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2017 at 1:32pm
^ Nope

Warranty did though.

Honestly, TWD is such a crap show.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Voted 2010 Most Improved horse fondler.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2017 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

I have almost 300,000 miles on my Acura TSX

I have an Acura TSX. This is good news.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President

RIP T&O Forum
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2017 at 10:12pm

^ Nope

Warranty did though.

Honestly, TWD is such a crap show.

QFT
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2017 at 12:10am

Honestly, TWD was a good show that turned to crap and should have ended seasons ago, but for some reason Deadeye007 still watches it.

I fixed your quote for you.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2017 at 6:08am
Originally posted by deadeye007 deadeye007 wrote:

Honestly, TWD was a good show that turned to crap and should have ended seasons ago, but for some reason Deadeye007 still watches it.

I fixed your quote for you.

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 8:05pm
I'm still around. 

I teach at Georgia Southern University now. It's in Statesboro, Georgia, just outside of Savannah. My significant other graduated with her Ph.D. and got a job here. They found a spot for me too, so I left my old job. It's been a nice change living with her. The new job is pretty cool too. Unlike FGCU, this place has tenure, so I have something to work toward. I've also been put in charge of starting a new campus publication that will cover, magazine style, the southeast Georgia region. It's a lot of work, but the work is good for me. 

I've had some issues with depression. I have not really mentioned it here, but last year my dad was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's disease. He turned 56 years old this year. Usually when early onset cases start that early, they tend to progress slowly. It's turned out his is not one of those cases, and his condition is deteriorating quickly. He still knows me. He can still hold a conversation. But he struggles to come up with words, and he loses track of things easily. He wakes up nearly every morning thinking he needs to get ready to go to work at the firehouse, even though he was forced to retire from the fire department when he was diagnosed last year. The prognosis is not very good, and more rapid decline is expected. I've not dealt with it very well. The new job is closer to him, so I get to see him more often. 

My significant other and I live in a house that was built in 1912. It's pretty cool. Maybe I'll share some pictures of it. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 13 November 2017 at 8:07pm
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2017 at 2:08pm
So very sorry Whale.  I can't imagine what you must be going through.  Congrats on the new job and digs...
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2017 at 9:10pm
I am sorry Whale. My dad is turning 54 tomorrow, and I cannot be thankful enough that he is still healthy..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 34>
  Share Topic