Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Life Thread v2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 34>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 10:52pm
Okay, so, nonweightlifting life updates!

I pulled by my house to check the mail, see a letter marked "open immediately" from my flood insurance provider, and figure it's just more paperwork to fill in. I reach in and pull out... 3 checks for a sum of money I'm genuinely uncomfortable mentioning. The insurance settlement came in, and I had no idea the checks were even in the mail!

Like, we're talking life-changing money.

So I'm at a bit of a crossroads. Okay, probably the largest crossroads of my life thus far. I can rebuild my house (which I'm leaning towards), or I can sell what I've got, pay off the mortgage, and get the hell out of Dodge (read: Houston). I don't have a lot of roots here, but I do have a good job and good friends.

Man, this whole past three months (it's only been three months.........) has been an absolutely wild ride. I'm not even sure I really comprehend all that's happened to me in that time.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 11:19pm
Great news! 
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 11:54pm
Hey yo. It's my birthday. Also, I'm drunk. Life goes on. Y'all do Y'all, and rock on.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2017 at 7:54am
Picked up a Glock 34 yesterday. Apparently though the whole " Just shoot what you have" mentality lasted a whole week Tongue

This is my first Glock, I'm pretty stoked! 

Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2017 at 10:45am
Nice.  I just got the S&W M&P 45 M2.0.  I love this pistol, very very comfortable to shoot, accurate, palms easily for quick sight picture and target acquisition.  I will be signing my Glock 17 over to my Wife when she gets her license. The M&P 45 is easily one of my 3 "go to " pistols. 
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2017 at 5:28pm
The trigger on the 2.0 is killer. I'll probably end up with a 2.0 down the road :)
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 12:52pm
Currently on what is either my 3rd sinus infection in 1 month or is just a single infection that won't go away. Scheduled to see an otolaryngologist on Thursday where they'll probably scope me and see if I have any polyps in my sinus cavities preventing proper drainage, or order a CAT scan or MRI. Either/or, I'm glad that they'll figure something out since I've dealt with this for decades and am quite frankly tired of it. Here's hoping it's doctor ordered sinus surgery of some type so that insurance covers it.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 8:42am
I have a ice pick and Dremel Tallen Tongue

But in a seriousness, that blows my friend. I hope you the best. 
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 8:45am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

I have a ice pick and Dremel Tallen Tongue

But in a seriousness, that blows my friend. I hope you the best. 

Sinuplasty Impulse, not Lobotomy.....
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 6:17pm
In 2005 I decided I wanted to be a driving instructor after going through the driving portion of police academy. Earlier this year I got to attend the Emergency Vehicle Operations Instructor course. I finally got to teach new officers how to drive this week and realized that I get car sick sitting in the passenger seat (it was a reverse serpentine course). I still had fun and got paid to drive like a fool.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Nice.  I just got the S&W M&P 45 M2.0.  I love this pistol, very very comfortable to shoot, accurate, palms easily for quick sight picture and target acquisition.  I will be signing my Glock 17 over to my Wife when she gets her license. The M&P 45 is easily one of my 3 "go to " pistols. 

The M&P .40 was my service weapon at my first job. Even though the stock trigger on the original platform wasn't all that great, I fell in love with it, and ended up getting the M&P .40c for backup/cc. 

After I LEFT the first dept, I was able to to buy my service weapon, and now have little brother for carry, and big brother for everything else. 

Haven't had a chance to get into the 2.0 yet, although its on my list of things to do. Right now we're using the Glock 23 gen4, and while I don't hate it, I'm much more comfortable with the M&P. First love you know. 
?

rednekk98 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 8:07pm
My sister, my cousin (my only first cousin and almost another sister) and my best-friend's wife are all pregnant and due within a two week span a few months from now. I'm suddenly finding myself in the position of running errands for them while their husbands are busy or trying to get their husbands out of the house for a bit so they can decompress. Friends wife was just laid off at Smith and Wesson, they've been having massive cutbacks lately. Apparently feared gun control really drives sales, and despite diversification into several other areas, it isn't enough. There might be some major changes in that company in the pipeline in the near future. 

Unsuccessful deer season, still way more successful guiding hunts since my friend keep shooting deer where I tell them to go. Work is mostly the same if slightly better. Extended family remains sketchy but expectations are lowered. 
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 8:46pm
What did your friends wife do at S&W?

Any interest in the product from her?
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

The M&P .40 was my service weapon at my first job. Even though the stock trigger on the original platform wasn't all that great, I fell in love with it, and ended up getting the M&P .40c for backup/cc. 

After I LEFT the first dept, I was able to to buy my service weapon, and now have little brother for carry, and big brother for everything else. 

Haven't had a chance to get into the 2.0 yet, although its on my list of things to do. Right now we're using the Glock 23 gen4, and while I don't hate it, I'm much more comfortable with the M&P. First love you know. 
I understand about the Glocks, I don't hate it but after firing the M&P, I don't care for it as much.  M&P M2.0 is much better in my opinion.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 9:22am
Have you guys ever tried to remove the base plate on a OEM Glock mag? Talk about the most retarded design ever. Thankfully my Magpul 21 round mags showed up in the mail, those things are effortless to field strip. We'll see how I do with the Glock tomorrow at the USPSA match. I decided to move up a class from Production. Seeing as Production requires only 10 rounds to be loaded in mags. 
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 12:34pm

Have you guys ever tried to remove the base plate on a OEM Glock mag?

No, I haven't...... Because I only own QUALITY firearms......

And by quality, I mean obscure commie surplus pistols in varying calibers that are difficult to reload.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2017 at 1:29am
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

What did your friends wife do at S&W?

Any interest in the product from her?

HR. They let like 1,000 temps go a few months back. She didn't really jump on the employee discount thing like she should have, with a new house, wedding to pay for and then a baby on the way and all of that. The company has expanded into a bunch of other outdoor products but gun sales have tanked and the Army replacement pistol project didn't work out, hence the significant rebates and buying warehouse space. I tended to get notices about new products as soon as they were made public and usually a few hours before the gun blogs ran it. The partnership with General Dynamics, M&P 2.0, Victory .22, .45 Shield. I still have a few friends working there but they mostly stare at dials all day. 
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2017 at 1:38am
Impulse, did you delete your post because you realized that your Glocks were designed in the LAST century?Approve
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2017 at 7:44am
I didn't notice Tallen had fine print on the bottom.... Unless he ninja added it in... I hastily replied and looked like an idiot.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2017 at 8:13pm

I didn't notice Tallen had fine print on the bottom.... Unless he ninja added it in... I hastily replied and looked like an idiot.

Nope, didn't ninja it, you're just getting older and your eyes are going.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 34>
  Share Topic