Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Life Thread v2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 34>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2017 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

I didn't notice Tallen had fine print on the bottom.... Unless he ninja added it in... I hastily replied and looked like an idiot.

Nope, didn't ninja it, you're just getting older and your eyes are going.

Shut up old man, or I'll break your hip!

Shot USPSA today. I did okay. It was all classifier stages, so it had to dol with skills testing and not a lot of run and gun. Reminded me more of practice than playing the game. But Lord knows I need the practice.

Gonna shoot IDPA tomorrow. If you're unfamiliar with the two, USPSA is the speedball of competitive shooting, while IDPA is the milsim. Hopefully I can remember all their goofy rules. 
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2017 at 6:43pm
I bought an M&P9 and like 6 mags like a year ago to get into IPSC/USPSA. Great gun, but never got a chance to shoot comp yet. I'm shooting 9mm because I was planning on going "factory." Man, i haven't even been to the range in a while...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2017 at 2:58pm
DeTrevni - Keep working your legs!  You'll be surprised how much working them will improve your bench.  Get your technique down and for the love of God, EAT!  You keep going like you are, I'll bet even money you'll be hitting 315lbs on your bench by or before summer.
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2017 at 3:58pm
That's some good lifting.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2017 at 6:38pm
Thanks for the encouragement, folks!

So my legs are apparently... Strong. Everything that my upper body isn't, my lower body is. We did our squat PR's back on the 8th, and I hit 350#. I'm still blown away by that. I came in that day hoping for 3 plates, which I thought would have been awesome. 350# was definitely not on my list of expectations...

BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2017 at 9:50pm
Went to an indoor range and had a bit of fun today with my buddy's newly built AR, super lightweight and low recoil, though the gas smells pretty foul.\
Also tried out a glock 17, not bad!
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 6:22am
I need to shoot more.

I'm strongly considering trying to trade my 1965 Mustang for a driveable CJ5.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 6:41am
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

I need to shoot more.

I honestly don't know anyone who doesn't say this on a regular basis. In fact, I've never met anyone who said: "I need to shoot less."

I'm hoping to get out tomorrow night and shoot under the lights at the local skeet and trap range. I still have a LeFever Nitro Special that I picked up at auction months ago that has yet to be shot.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 8:01am
If/when I ever move back to a more rural area I would like to get me a Ruger mk(2 or 3, various configurations seem appealing) for target shooting/plinking, but living in the big city I am happy to just tag along once in a while when my buddy goes, lane rates are high, quarters are cramped, and first timers with big guns and no clue are all around you.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 9:17am

I need to shoot more.

I honestly don't know anyone who doesn't say this on a regular basis. In fact, I've never met anyone who said: "I need to shoot less."

I'm hoping to get out tomorrow night and shoot under the lights at the local skeet and trap range. I still have a LeFever Nitro Special that I picked up at auction months ago that has yet to be shot.

It's been over a year for me.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 1:18pm

I need to shoot more.

It's been over a year for me.

Nope, sorry, couldn't do it. I'd go stir-crazy.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 9:32pm
Boom, my dudes. We did our 1 rep max tests today. Got 7 squats at 295#, got 9 benches at 175#, and (trumpets) 11 deadlifts at 355#. Using 1RM calculators, that gives me a 1RM squat off 355#, a bench of 225# (GOT MY TWO 45# PLATES HELL YEAH), and a deadlift of 485#. I think I flubbed the squats. I feel like I could have done better, but I'll work with it. I hope I'm not plateuing yet...

But guys, there's another meet the 28th of March. If I can get a 5 plate dead by then... 3 to 5 plates in 6 months... I don't even know what to make of that...

Edited by DeTrevni - 19 January 2018 at 9:33pm

JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 12:21am
Condensed version. Retirement lasted a year, felt like a bum, working again. Do lots of outdoorsy stuff, sold my forester, back in a Toyota again, 1985 4Runner, and moving to Campbell River, 40 minutes down Island; we both work there.
Imagine there’s a picture of your favourite thing here.
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Truly a shining example to you all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2018 at 9:25am
No longer living in Scotland. Moved to Manchester last week. Seems nice.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2018 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

I don't know how I feel about this.....
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Truly a shining example to you all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2018 at 5:41pm

Think of it as an invasion?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2018 at 10:16am

Think of it as an invasion?

I can deal with that.
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2018 at 8:58pm
I can't remember my password for systems I use at work everyday, but I can remember my password for a forum I thought was dead and gone and haven't visited in years.

Sounds about right.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 4:09pm
Good lord it's Shorty!

I'm in the same boat as Tallen, I shoot often but it's STILL not enough. I got a Glock 17 a bit over a year ago and was a little luke warm about it at first, now it's practically the only thing I shoot. My annual average is still over 100 rounds a month, I had a light day today and maybe burned through 50 rounds with that, and a few through a 1911 and Shield. I finally found a pre-ban magazine for the 17 so suddenly my ammunition consumption has risen. It's still not like back in the day where a brick of .22 LR was $10 and I'd shoot 20-50 rounds every single day, but I'm still keeping up with it. Will get back into more rifle work when the snow melts. Getting a steel target has really got me into shooting way more again. 

I yet again didn't get a deer this season, but my buddy who hunts with me on the family land for one morning a season has now gone three straight years getting one before 10 a.m. I got some good cuts out of it though and have been getting creative. 

I'm also going to be an uncle in June and I'm thrilled. 
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2018 at 6:03am
So I'm pretty much full bore in USPSA now. (Selling the motorcycle helped that) Got a competition belt, holster, mag pouches. A book on dry fire, scaled down targets to do dry fire in my room, shot timer etc. I even picked up a new gat. The only thing I don't have is reloading equipment. And the main reason I haven't yet, is I don't think I'll be living here in the near future. I rather not have to move all that equipment in a few months. 

Edited by impulse418 - 26 February 2018 at 6:04am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 34>
  Share Topic