Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Life Thread v2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 34>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 12:49am
Sick gat yo
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 10:58pm
Hey, CZ! I also just picked one up, but mine is a CZ-75B. Been wanting one for years, and this was a price I couldn't turn down.I then proceeded to take it to the range and get some of the best groupings I've ever gotten. I'm in love.

"But DeTrevni, why are you spending money on guns? Don't you have a house that needs to be rebuilt?"

Funny you ask. I've been getting so many hours at work that I feel absolutely dead inside. I haven't had a chance to take care of myself since the damn hurricane. I've traded money issues for time issues, and neither are great to have. Last week, I approached my bosses about working only 8 hours, from 6-2:30. That's full time, and still gives me plenty of daylight to work with. I'm surprised at how willing they are to work with me in that regard. I guess they like me.

On that note, I may uproot my life, and I'm scared to death. My area of Houston has been growing and growing at an alarming rate for the past several years. Long short of it is there's nowhere for water to go, and I live on a big creek. Average storms push the water near the banks, and I'm worried I'll just get flooded again. Apparently 2018 is supposed to be another busy hurricane season. Right now, my impulse is to run to San Antonio. It's a nice city, and my sister lives there, and would be happy to put me up until I find my footing. But uprooting is hard, and I'm scared of the change.

That said, move or stay, I have to sell my house. It's gonna be over $100k to rebuild, and it just seems so much smarter to relocate, near or far.

So that's me. How're y'all?

Edited by DeTrevni - 28 February 2018 at 10:59pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 11:30pm
I like it a lot. Never had any interest in owning a CZ, until I realized all the top guys in my division run's em.

Change is good my friend. And if you're a believer in climate change, the coastal regions will only get worse.

Edited by impulse418 - 28 February 2018 at 11:34pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2018 at 8:56am
I agree with Impulse that change is definitely a good thing. Every 5 years or so, I feel stagnant with my job and wind up asking for a transfer or gunning for a promotion. We're hitting that mark now and if the promotion doesn't come, I'll likely strike out on my own with a distillery plan I've been working on for a few years now.

The wife and I want to get back to the mountains ourselves. The area of MD we live in is decent enough (farmland around us with major urban to the north and the south) but we really want a log home on more than 5 acres and WV is pretty much the only place where that's going to happen for us. If I get a promotion, it'll be a district/regional job which means we could jump across the border to the Potomac Highlands/Eastern Panhandle area where this is achievable with the money we'd be making. If the promotion doesn't come, we'll finalize our business plan, approach investors and banks, buy one of the old company stores we've been eying, and build a distillery near one of the adventure tourism draws in the state and get to making vodka, 'shine, and whiskey.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2018 at 5:37pm
Tallen, I'll be heartbroken if we don't get an invite to your distillery. You should try fermenting/distilling maple sap.

I too feel stagnant at my job. I make great money but I feel like I'm constantly miserable. I'd like to get out of construction but I won't make the money I do.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2018 at 6:09pm
Dealing with bed bugs right now, and it has me dreading my job right now. ( staying in hotels and crappy motels) I hate these little bastards.
Barretm82 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
will poop in your shoes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barretm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2018 at 9:04pm
What in the hell have you all been doing?

Doing stuff...
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2018 at 10:20am
Is photobucket hosting again?!
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2018 at 7:35am
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Is photobucket hosting again?!

They changed up their terms and froze inactive accounts (photos being shared, but not active in the sense of uploading new pictures or answering Photobucket's e-mails) All you have to do is visit them to unlock your account via e-mail verification.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2018 at 8:13am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

I agree with Impulse that change is definitely a good thing. Every 5 years or so, I feel stagnant with my job and wind up asking for a transfer or gunning for a promotion. We're hitting that mark now and if the promotion doesn't come, I'll likely strike out on my own with a distillery plan I've been working on for a few years now.

The wife and I want to get back to the mountains ourselves. The area of MD we live in is decent enough (farmland around us with major urban to the north and the south) but we really want a log home on more than 5 acres and WV is pretty much the only place where that's going to happen for us. If I get a promotion, it'll be a district/regional job which means we could jump across the border to the Potomac Highlands/Eastern Panhandle area where this is achievable with the money we'd be making. If the promotion doesn't come, we'll finalize our business plan, approach investors and banks, buy one of the old company stores we've been eying, and build a distillery near one of the adventure tourism draws in the state and get to making vodka, 'shine, and whiskey.

I hear the mountains of NC are much better for that kind of thing ;)  

Dad just bought 16 acres backing up to a state park. Come in and buy another spot on the mountain and we'll have the beginnings of a compound. Embarrassed
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2018 at 9:26am
After re-establishing credit for about a year, I was approved for a Coscto/CITI credit card. I kinda feel like an adult now.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2018 at 9:11pm
Soooooo.....

Looks like I got a new job. In Colorado. This is an interesting development.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2018 at 10:49pm
Good for you brotha.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 11:47am
Congrats on the job.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 4:02pm
Congrats DeTrevni! Are you the new mine boss for the 3:16 Mining crew on Gold Rush?
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Congrats DeTrevni! Are you the new mine boss for the 3:16 Mining crew on Gold Rush?

Good lord those guys are annoying
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 10:37pm
Thanks!

It's another machine shop, but this one is much more akin to what I wanted to do when I got into machining to begin with. It's a small shop, and the owner has his own line of motorcycle parts. He's also got contracts for a lot of aerospace work, and does work for Magpull. He also makes race parts. So, motorcycles, guns, race cars, and mountains. It's almost too good to be true. I'm still very wary, but I'm gonna try damn hard to make this all work.

From what I understand, folks from Colorado aren't too happy with us Texans invading. I may have to dial down a bit and go all incognito-like.

Or lean into it, buy a big belt buckle and ten gallon hat and fight anyone who says anything.

Thoughts on that? :p

Edited by DeTrevni - 18 March 2018 at 10:39pm

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2018 at 6:08am
JMac would probably know better than me, but most of my friends who live out in CO say that who the natives really hate are the folks from CA and OR that are moving there and uber-liberalizing the heck out of it. Most people from CO outside of the big cities have far more in common with the average Texan than the folks from CA and OR.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2018 at 1:29pm
Marched with the MarchForOurLives demonstration today. For a little town in south Georgia we still had a few hundred people show up. Good times. 
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2018 at 8:09am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Marched with the MarchForOurLives demonstration today. For a little town in south Georgia we still had a few hundred people show up. Good times. 

Came here to see if you would
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 34>
  Share Topic