Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Life Thread v2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 34>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2018 at 1:23pm
I bought an AK. Arsenal SAM7

#OneMore
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2018 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

I bought an AK. Arsenal SAM7

#OneMore

You're on track to overtake me if you keep it up.

Need to finish out my HBAR build. I have an 80% that is most of the way done. Just need to finish up the fire control pocket. Hoping to wrap it all up over spring break.

Will likely grab a field grade Garand soon from CMP as well.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2018 at 1:06pm
Mmmm Garand. Never shot one before, hopefully I can trade guns during a range day in the future.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2018 at 1:25pm

Mmmm Garand. Never shot one before, hopefully I can trade guns during a range day in the future.

They're quite fun. They don't thump you as much as you'd expect thanks to being gas operated. They're heavy as hell though. Also, Garand-thumb is no fun. But the "ping" is certainly satisfying.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2018 at 8:12pm

Get the Garand..seriously.  You will love it.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2018 at 9:09pm
I got a CMP Special grade M1 chambered for 308 a few years ago.  Absolutely love that thing.  
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2018 at 10:20pm
Stop it you guys, my bank account is already weeping.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 9:03am
My AR10 upper is due in tomorrow. Only took four weeks, thanks PSA
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 9:40am
Building the upper?
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2018 at 8:39pm

Building the upper?

Nope. Much cheaper to buy assembled. AR10 stuff is expensive unless you buy from Palmetto.

It is a 20" no frills all PSA 308 upper.

I'm not crazy into the AR platform but I wanted a long range rifle
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2018 at 10:08pm
My new piece is the S&W M&P 45 M2.0, very comfortable, love the new trigger design and texturing.  Every time I shoot it I question why did I get a Glock 17?? 
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 3:49pm
I shot my friend's M&P 2.0 9mm with an APEX and was meh. While I can see an attraction to it, the price of a new one vs a metric ton of ammo to practice with my G17?

Although admittedly a guy I beat quite often in IDPA did better than I did in the 5x5 classifier we shot yesterday. He was .84 off a promotion. I was over a second off. Can't recall my exact time. Raw I made SS but the 4 points down put an end to that. But he was 2 points down. So maybe there is something in it.
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

JMac would probably know better than me, but most of my friends who live out in CO say that who the natives really hate are the folks from CA and OR that are moving there and uber-liberalizing the heck out of it. Most people from CO outside of the big cities have far more in common with the average Texan than the folks from CA and OR.

As a Texan living in CO, there are so many Texas license plates. Absolutely everywhere. And many of those Texans are proud Texans. They have Texas stickers on their vehicles too. Then you have many Coloradoan people with "NATIVE" stickers plastered on their cars. Never see any hostility. Most think that Texans don't know how to drive, but really people in general suck at driving.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 11:51pm
If you're looking for a polymer gun with a good trigger outta the box, I'd look at Walther. 

Colorado and the PNW hates out of state plates. Even some places in Arizona also. Housing prices, congestion, etc are terrible things to deal with.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2018 at 3:57am
I believe hating out of state plates is a universal feeling. I hate NY plated vehicles
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2018 at 10:01am
True dat. 
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2018 at 1:52pm
I hate Canadian plated vehicles.
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2018 at 7:14pm
Might be heading back to Oregon from LA, if I get this job. I knew there was a reason I kept my OR plates (other than not wanting to smog my car from 1991)!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2018 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

I shot my friend's M&P 2.0 9mm with an APEX and was meh. While I can see an attraction to it, the price of a new one vs a metric ton of ammo to practice with my G17?

Although admittedly a guy I beat quite often in IDPA did better than I did in the 5x5 classifier we shot yesterday. He was .84 off a promotion. I was over a second off. Can't recall my exact time. Raw I made SS but the 4 points down put an end to that. But he was 2 points down. So maybe there is something in it.
I have the M&P 45 M2.0 and love it.  I like it a lot better than my Glock 17 Gen 4.  The trigger on the 17 is clunky, not a crisp trigger at all.  The 2.0 is smoootth.  It's the stock OEM trigger.  I am thinking about doing a polish on the trigger for the 17 and see how that works.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 7:26pm
I want to buy a Garand. I have too many guns though..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 34>
  Share Topic