Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What's on your list?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's on your list?
    Posted: 12 December 2017 at 12:57pm
It's that time of year again.

What's on your Christmas list?

• XBox One S (need to upgrade)
  • Rowing Machine (getting old and fat)
  • New upland hunting vest with front and rear-loading game pouches
  • Long-sleeve casual t-shirts

Other than that, there's not much I want or need this year. I've found that as I approach 40, my views on Christmas and Birthdays are more "Don't waste money on me unless you're buying what I ask, because I'll just go buy it later anyway" and less "Ohhh! Surprise me!"

I still like buying stuff for others, especially Reilly since he's at the age now where he understands the concept of Santa and Christmas, but when it comes to me, I really don't ask for much, or if I do, it's more for help in purchasing big-ticket items vs something to unwrap on xmas day.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 5:25pm
A job, preferably one with health insurance
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

What's your field?
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

What's your field?

Good question. Spent the last couple years doing online education administration , support, and quality control, before that warehouse work and screenprinting/embroidery. Degree in political science (lol). Actually interested in art and mycology.

Anyway, what I actually want for The Holidays is decent chef's knife. I've been using one from the $1.75 store and an old chipped square-tip ceramic as my only knives for 3 years now, that's just silly.
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 11:54pm
My girlfriend made me give her 3 ideas of things to get me.   I can't remember what any of them were.  
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 8:27pm
Slippers
Strike anywhere matches

Would like a Tac14, but I'd rather buy it myself. I'm not one to ask for expensive things

Have no idea what to buy my mom. I'm nearly as stressed about that as I am my job

Edit: a T&O renewal is what I really want for Christmas

Edited by SSOK - 13 December 2017 at 8:53pm
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 1:21am
My wife and I just bought ourselves a new mattress, which constitutes our Christmas gifts to ourselves, so my actual list is non-existant, although I know my wife will pull the old "I know we said we weren't doing anything else, but I just got you a couple of little things." 

I've got a fat 'ole OT check that we're pouring into the boys this year- we had a few pretty lean Christmases when they were younger, and now that they're a bit older, we'll probably go a little overboard, and really, that's all I want, to go just a bit over the top for a change. 

?

Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 8:52pm
IWB  and OWB holsters for M&P, W.O.T. 1/35 Tiger I model, and brushes and paint

Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2017 at 9:39am
99% sure I'm getting the Switch that I asked for from the misses. 
Asked for a professional lifting belt and Apple watch 3. I don't think I'll be getting either of these, but maybe.

Had rolling tool chest and one of those telescoping multi-position ladders, but they were on sale at HD, so I grabbed them both and the cashier lady was nice and gave me $20 off. My garage is really coming together.
Also bought myself the ring pro doorbell cam. It was $140 with tax and shipping, the lowest I've seen so I jumped on it. Package stealing has become bigger and bigger in the Denver area, so I figured this would be good to have.

Edited by RoboCop - 22 December 2017 at 9:41am
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2017 at 12:35am
I didn't ask for anything. And I really don't want anything from them. But I got for them....

Girlfriend: Bought her a Ruger SR22 back on black Friday. We shot it that following day. For her to open on xmas, an Upula pistol mag loader, some hippy candle thing, and a serenity prayer thingy you can stick on a smooth surface

Dad,Nephew, and g/f's daughter: Gift cards to the indoor skydiving place.

Sister, Brother in Law: Cash

Grandparents: The Vietnam Ken Burns documentary on DVD

White Elephant: A nice little compact tool kit. I don't believe in buying gag gifts that serve no purpose other than to fill up land fills.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic