Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Loot Thread:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loot Thread:
    Posted: 16 December 2017 at 8:18pm
So, since I'm getting older and thus, Christmas is a series of long drives or having people up over the span of a couple weeks, our Christmas season started tonight. So, use this thread to list your loot as it comes in!

Today we exchanged gifts with my parents.

Got my mom a nice jacket from Bass Pro and a belt.
Got my dad a cheap hoodie for his Habitat For Humanity work sites and a nice button-down from Land's End.
They got me a combined birthday and Christmas present of a pheasant hunt here in MD, two bags of Storck's Chocolate Riesens, and a still-life portrait of a "Thundering Herd" biscuit from a local artist back home.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2017 at 2:41pm
Haha came to see if there was this thread yet.

My loot so far has been some biltong, some chocolate, a shirt and a metal foldy model thing of a C172, a plane I used to be rated to fly. All from family in Joburg.

Main prezzies are on 25th. Wife had dropped some serious hints about mine but I am at a loss. Thought it was a 9x19mm AR SBR but then she said she picked it up today but that is impossible with our laws.

I bought her a cruiser bicycle and upgraded her laptop with an SSD.

Edited by Kayback - 21 December 2017 at 2:42pm
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2017 at 4:12pm
Just air-mailed out some packs of caribou meat to my parents, brother, and sister.  Got the GF a kindle and a groupon for a massage.  

So far, I got a panini press, underwear, a flint/steel/magnesium firestarter with antler handles, and 10 lbs of homemade fudge.  
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 2:56am
Hah! Turns out it was 4x 200mm (~8") hanging gongs. Rifle rated. Time for plinkings!!
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 10:55am
Thank you for converting that to freedom units.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 12:10pm
Catan
Clothes
JC Higgins single mantle lantern (I collect this stuff)
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 1:01pm
Got that xbox one! Also a new upland hunting best, CoD WWII, and nice clothes from LandsEnd. Got the wifey a bunch of clothes she wanted from BassPro.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 9:09pm
Well, I got the 2 holsters I wanted for my M&P M2.0,  some Steam and WOT roll out cards, 1/35 scale Tiger I model, some paints and brushes and ammo.  
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 10:32pm
Tekken 7 for PC, I am so so bad at it
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 10:46pm
Got a bunch of socks, some camping/backpacking items to include the "Deuce of Spades" super lightweight cat hole trowel, environmentally friendly toilet paper, and a new headlamp.  The thing I'm most excited about however was a bottle of waterless car wash from Adam's Polishes that is apparently impossible to get here unless you're willing to pay $50 shipping.  
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 5:31pm
Pretty sad when the loot thread doesn't even make it to a second page.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 9:46am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Pretty sad when the loot thread doesn't even make it to a second page.

How do you like your Lands End button down?

Hey, I'm trying
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 12:29pm
They're nice shirts. Honestly, I probably shop there more than anywhere else other than Bass Pro these days. Good quality stuff and they always have some sort of big sale going on.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 5:45pm
Apparently my mom sent me something from Amazon but never arrived, hope she gets refund
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 1:50am
My parents got me a Kobalt mechanics tool set, my oldest son got me an emoji throw pillow, my youngest son (5) got me a winter hat that fits him better than me, and my wife got me a new leatherman. After almost a dozen years with my old one, the leather case disintegrated, and I lost it. 

Edited by Reb Cpl - 02 January 2018 at 1:50am
?

pntbl freak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2018 at 1:52pm
Some new skis I'm excited to use.  Need some more snow though... 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2018 at 11:34pm
Package came the second time around, got I am a Cat and 3 other stories by Soseki Natsume, and Mox Nox by Joan Cornella
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2018 at 2:28pm
I got an alternator for my 4Runner, guitar picks, some nice records, and boxers.
Imagine there’s a picture of your favourite thing here.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2018 at 6:34pm
Got some money from my in-laws, couple of long-sleeve 3-button shirts that feel nice from my wife, and a set of king-size 800 thread count sheets from my folks.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 5:58am
Ohhhh, I bet those sheets are comfy! The wife has never understood why high thread count is important to me. She'll sleep on anything. Shoot, you could probably put burlap sheets on our bed and she'd be fine. She's weird like that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic