Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which is the best Tippmann for beginners?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pblegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which is the best Tippmann for beginners?
    Posted: 03 February 2018 at 10:01pm
I've been shopping for my first paintball gun after playing with some friends last weekend and I can't decide which one is the best value for the money when it comes to long term usage. I was reading about the Tippmann Cronus, A5 and X7 at pbreview.org and I'm currently leaning towards the A5 for customization reasons. Or should I just save up and get the X7?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by pblegend - 03 February 2018 at 10:02pm
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Like a mad scientist, but with Tippmanns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2018 at 7:11am
You mean the X7 Phenom when youīre talking about the X7 ???
Shure the Phenom go a better valve System no blow black like A5 etc.

Cheap and good, for a Long time, i would say an A5 with RT would give you for a Long time fun. Compact, low Profile, RT perfect for each Situation quick FA or Burst or just semi Shooting. Shure the cyclonefeed isnīt that soft to paintballs like a good e-hopper but if ... you can buy a replacement feedneck for hopper use. Normal field paint runīs fine but easy breaking tournament paint will be not ideal for cyclonefeeds. Safe the cash and donīt buy any ... Upgrades like for cyclonefeed or hammer, powertube etc. stay stock and sheīs running fine under each condition.

The only upgrade i would check is a drop Forward(may with On/Off ASA), to get a good Position for your tank, in a right distance and angle, so she getīs Close to good handle like a speedballmarker.

An A5 runīs fine with CO2 but Spoolers(Valves and Regīs) like the X7 Phenom, Crossover and T(i)PX have a hard life if Shooting much(and quick), on cold days etc. itīs very cold stuff which lets your grease getting into something like snow and after blown away by pressure !
So HPA if possible is the best choice !!! (Use a tank with an output pressure of more than ca. 800psi for run an A5)

The stock Barrel is fine as Long the paint isnīt to small, also think about each time, worse paint will fly also worse out of each marker, may soft accelerated paint by expensive gunīs may got less drift but ...

Think about a used one, would safe also cash !!!
I like Tippmann !!!

Grayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 6:06am
Did anything hit the market since then that would be a better buy than the X7 Phenom? For beginners, of course.
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Like a mad scientist, but with Tippmanns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 3:20pm
The Stryker got a better valve and shoots with less psi than a X7 Phenom.
The Raider(not released) got the same valve like the Stryker and also got a Stock inclusive loader which is working without battery.

Beginners ??? What do you want to Play ? Like to shoot much paint ? Like to use CO2 ? Have an easy cleaning ? Long liftime witout grease and oil something ? Less weight ? Much or less bps ? ...

Would make us to help you alot easier !

Edited by spydercam - 25 June 2019 at 3:20pm
I like Tippmann !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic