Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wow I looked around and now I feel old

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Look at me, I came out of my hole!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wow I looked around and now I feel old
    Posted: 15 November 2018 at 11:15am
I stopped playing paintball in 2008 after a specifically toxic experience. Then I got married, and never went back. Sold all my gear (even my old 98c).

But I miss what was. I met some of the best friends I ever had on this board. Maybe someday I will play arisoft or paintball again... maybe not.

These days I am heavily into blackmsithing so maybe not

Nice to see you all... and I guess grats on all the moderators.... some much less deserving than others for sure.

Have a great day.

** LOL I am a MODERATOR?! **

well grats to me then I guess ROTFL

Edited by reclusivetorrid - 15 November 2018 at 11:16am
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2018 at 1:04pm
Get back in your hole
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
reclusivetorrid View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Look at me, I came out of my hole!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2018 at 1:06pm
I've been in there for 7 years?! Its starting to smell a little... and there is... like a slime growing on the walls.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2018 at 5:47pm
Has it been 7 years? Dang. Well, howdy!
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2018 at 9:52pm
Doesn't happen often that someone comes back and I don't remember them. Welcome back!
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2018 at 2:50pm
I think 2008 was about the last time I played. Mostly I just got uninterested in the game. 

Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2018 at 4:36pm
I'd be curious to know when everyone last played. My last trip was also 2008 ish. Bachelor party game. Was fun. But doubt I'll make it onto a field again. Played a simple speed ball game against some walk ons and we massacred them. Apparently old school woods ball translates quite well (actually I just chalked it up to being able to shoot well and move as a team as 4/5 of our side was our old squad).
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2018 at 12:23am
I was still on a scenario team up until I moved, so last year?

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2018 at 6:22pm
3-ish years ago for me. Kept a few markers for when I get the urge to go again.

As for the Mod status. We're all mods. The hosting company basically said "Ya'll are the only ones in here, so we'll give you mod powers to keep the spam at bay." Seems to have worked pretty well.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2018 at 7:16pm
Until the dumbest among us IP ban ourselves by accident...
sk8r4life432 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Am I bad?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sk8r4life432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2018 at 10:56pm
I haven’t played since 2003. I spent thousands on paintball when I was in high school and thought I would play forever. After high school, life started and I just dropped off from it. Sometimes I miss it...
NOUS DE`FIOUS
ODERINT DUM METUANT
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2018 at 8:26am
Coworker told me he played over the weekend and that someone had "a big sniper rifle" heh
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2018 at 7:27pm
Thing is, with First Strike and the like, maybe someone DID actually have a big sniper rifle. That's something you can actually do these days.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2018 at 8:17pm
Yeesh, I always did prefer goofy machines like an autococker that just looks like some sort of... paint... gun, or weird scifi designs to milsim, too creepy for me

Edited by BARREL BREAK - 20 November 2018 at 8:18pm
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2018 at 1:18am
Huh cool. I keep tripping over my old JT mask in my workshop and my 98C gets passed around to anyone needing a marker right now for something. But all my old squad has kids, works real jobs and have moved around the country and world in some cases. I think my brother has it?

I honestly can't recall when my main tank was last hydro'd. I've got a couple of mini bottles which are still current. Was looking at a second SL68II in the pawn shop recently but the feed tube was broken. I'd love one of the new markers but they'd end up on the wall next to my never used Ares M4 GBB.

Currently my 15-22 and Saiga 7.62x39mm get much more use out of them.
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2018 at 11:01pm
May 2012, when the field I worked at finally closed down. I got the itch to play again in Albuquerque, but seeing I would have to buy a tank, mask, get my old LCD Angel up and running. The itch quickly faded.

But there is a indoor airsoft field 4.9 miles from my house in Phoenix. But seeing that the weather is nice and able to do things outside, I'll probably hold off until the weather warms up again.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2018 at 11:18pm
I played 2 years ago I think?  
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2018 at 8:17pm
GUYS WE'RE BACK. THE FORUM LIVES.

I ALSO MISS Y0UM0NT

Edited by SSOK - 11 December 2018 at 8:18pm
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2018 at 8:41am
Huh. Well, here we are, and here we go again!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2018 at 10:27pm
someone done flipped a switch off n on
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic