Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What are you giving for xmas?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are you giving for xmas?
    Posted: 15 December 2018 at 12:02pm
GF: Birkenstocks
GF Kid: Cash
Sister: A book and sentimental things
Dad: Not sure yet, tried to give him Mark Knopfler tickets but ended up giving that to me for my xmas present.
Grandparents: Papershredder
Brother in Law: Red Dead Redemption 2
Nephew: SpiderMan video game
Niece: T-rex for Jurassic World
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2018 at 12:35am
I'm having a horrible time shopping this year.

Dad:
Clothing he specifically asked for. I need to buy him something fun
Mom:
Ecosphere, some odds and ends. Also need to buy more
GF:
Vera Bradley purse
USB heated gloves
I'm also going to buy the most atrocious jewelry I can find so I can watch her pretend to like it
Ecosphere
GFs parents:
SOL
GFs grandparents:
Also SOL, but I'd like to get them something nice

Edited by SSOK - 16 December 2018 at 12:38am
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Strike #4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2018 at 11:16pm
My mom asked me to get her a salt cellar. If you don't know what it is, it's a little ceramic thing that you keep salt in on your kitchen counter. For some reason it's different than putting your salt in something else.

I think this is what parents feel like when their kids ask for a toy that sounds stupid but they get it anyway.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2018 at 5:50pm
Got my S/O an iMac. 

Got my mom a new set of kitchen knives. 

Still have a lot of shopping to do yet. 
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2018 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Hairball!!! Hairball!!! wrote:

My mom asked me to get her a salt cellar. If you don't know what it is, it's a little ceramic thing that you keep salt in on your kitchen counter. For some reason it's different than putting your salt in something else.

I think this is what parents feel like when their kids ask for a toy that sounds stupid but they get it anyway.

Truth
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 4:04pm
So, I gave:

Wife:
-Clothes. On the downside, holy crap it was a lot of expensive clothes. On the upside, she loves the clothes at Bass Pro, so I'm cool with that
-Stranger Things on DVD because I don't trust Netflix to not fold in the next 5 years since everyone is starting their own streaming service and only 20% of netflix viewers actually pay to watch netflix (everyone else mooches off them).

Mom:
Fancy hoodie from Bass Pro and triple-milled soap

Dad:
Fancy sweater from Bass Pro and a Glu-Bot woodglue system bottle

Grandmother:
Super soft fleece pull-over because she's always cold. I **edited** you not, she has the heat on in July. (She's 91)

Son:
Hot Wheels Ultimate Gator Car Wash
Hot Wheels Roto Revolution
A bunch of dinosaur puzzles
A bunch of hot wheels cars
Enough candy to give an elephant diabetes

Nephew and Niece:
Books because they actually like to read.

Hunting buddy/one of my best friends:
Stoeger Zephyr Woodlander SxS 20ga shotgun in 95% condition and 100 rounds of 20ga ammo along with a Cabela's branded shotgun case. He needed an actual hunting shotgun, not just a modified Mossberg HD model Maverick.

<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 9:20am
Something something hailcorporate, but seriously, I hope you have a Bass Pro credit card to rack up those points. Tongue
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Something something hailcorporate, but seriously, I hope you have a Bass Pro credit card to rack up those points. Tongue

No, just a rewards member, but yeah.... I'm going to get a card soon. Supposedly, there's some money coming my way in the next 12mo. Apparently everyone from my District Manager to the CEO of the company all thought I made way more than I do, and that situation is going to be rectified in a manner that will be beneficial to me. I'm going to pay down the mortgage to get rid of the PMI, pay off the little bit of CC debt I have (I carry less than $1k simply to boost that credit score from time to time) and then start shopping for acreage in WV. That's where the Bass Pro CC will come in handy. Gotta deck out that mini-cabin with overt hunting themes!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic