Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

We also bought a house

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We also bought a house
    Posted: 13 September 2019 at 10:33pm
First one and I can't wait to move in.

impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2019 at 9:05am
What is all the green stuff?

Congrats!
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2019 at 7:57pm
Nice! My employer has a program of grants for home buyers but the catch is you have to buy in the city proper and frankly the idea of owning a home without a proper yard is too depressing for me to consider.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2019 at 2:59pm
Welcome to the area.

Are you gonna keep the decorative wagon wheel on the porch?  
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2019 at 11:42pm
I think the sellers took that with them.  But on the plus side, they left us a garage piano!  The GF has been there twice to check in but I wont get there until November.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2019 at 10:03am
Hell yeah dude, a garage piano. 

The sellers on our house left a 1981 MG MGB in the garage right up until the morning we signed. The rest of the house was empty, I was secretly hoping they were going to forget they left the car in there. 
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2019 at 1:48pm
Man an MGB would've been sweet.  My poor GF is having to deal with everyone coming out to work on/in the house while I'm not there.  The previous owners were smokers so we're trying to get that stank out.  Got a handyman to help scrape popcorn off the ceilings and paint the bedrooms, someone coming out to measure for carpet upstairs, a painter to come out and do the big room (17ft ceiling) paint and popcorn job, AT&T coming out to finish the fiber installation.  If anyone has other tips for getting cigarette stink out of a house, I'm all ears.  
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2019 at 7:57pm
Uhhh... what year is that house? It's probably asbestos.

I'd be very cautious of scaping popcorn. Not saying I wouldn't do it, but I would:
shave my face
wear a respirator
apply positive air pressure to the room with adequate exhaust
vacuum the debris with a good shopvac with a new filter
Shower and wash my clothes immediately after
Double bag the waste

Edited by SSOK - 08 October 2019 at 8:00pm
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2019 at 8:34pm
Built in 03 so no worries about asbestos here.  What were they doing spraying popcorn in 2003?  I have no idea.  
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2019 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Built in 03 so no worries about asbestos here.  What were they doing spraying popcorn in 2003?  I have no idea.  

Acoustic dampening.

<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic