Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

COVID-19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Like a mad scientist, but with Tippmanns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2020 at 10:52am
Today my dad told me, that my aunt and also my uncle have Coronavirus !

They live in Huron SD, both have breath Problems. They are at home cause they donīt Need to stay at Hospital, cause of bad Problems.
I hope it doesnīt get worser !

I like Tippmann !!!

impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2020 at 1:17pm
Sorry to hear that Spyder, I believe SD has the highest per capita cases in the country.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2020 at 3:06pm
At work we've been told that all employees are now part of the phase 1B of vaccine distribution, and we should plan to schedule our shots sometime around late January or early February. 

They still don't know which vaccine we're going to get, and there might always be delays, so we've been told nothing is set in stone yet, but they're confident they can get all campus employees vaccinated by spring break. 

I'm ready to get poked and get back to living. 
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2020 at 9:04am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

At work we've been told that all employees are now part of the phase 1B of vaccine distribution, and we should plan to schedule our shots sometime around late January or early February. 

They still don't know which vaccine we're going to get, and there might always be delays, so we've been told nothing is set in stone yet, but they're confident they can get all campus employees vaccinated by spring break. 

My understanding is that I'm in a similar boat as to when the vaccine will be available to me. I'm stoked, just wish the J&J one had finished up trials at the same time and had the same efficacy rate since it's a single-dose "get it and forget it" solution.

I really hope that everyone who has been able to successfully work from home is allowed to continue to do so even after this is all finished. The ramifications for traffic in the DC region alone has been extremely positive.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2020 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

My understanding is that I'm in a similar boat as to when the vaccine will be available to me. I'm stoked, just wish the J&J one had finished up trials at the same time and had the same efficacy rate since it's a single-dose "get it and forget it" solution.

I really hope that everyone who has been able to successfully work from home is allowed to continue to do so even after this is all finished. The ramifications for traffic in the DC region alone has been extremely positive.

Did either of you expect to receive the vaccine in short order?

I ask because I know of two individuals who aren't in the "front of the line" categories and they either received it or were told to expect it.

Perhaps availability is better than expected.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2020 at 1:03pm
Originally, I was slated to be in Phase 2A (before the general population, but after health care, and severely at-risk populations). MD pushed for school employees to be brought into Phase 1C which would jump us up one category and get us vaccinated sooner. No set date yet. But presumed to be by early Feb at the latest.

It comes down to what each state sets as "priority."
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic