Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

T&O needs a good political thread

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Joined: 19 September 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 3465
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2020 at 9:47am
2021 Looking up already!
Back to Top
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Joined: 25 November 2010
Location: Phx, AZ
Status: Offline
Points: 3335
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2020 at 1:07pm
Welp that part is over, now for the most dangerous lame duck in history.
Back to Top
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
The Savior of Christmas

Joined: 01 September 2005
Location: PRNJ
Status: Offline
Points: 5906
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2020 at 12:13am
I did not think Joe Biden was electable and clearly I was wrong.

I remember the public opinion of Joe at the end of the Obama administration seemed to be that as the goofy uncle that nobody took seriously. I remember his televised advice to shoot your double barrel shotgun out of your front door.

I also thought his only selling point to the American people was "I'm not Donald Trump" and that may be all he needed.

I wish his presidency well, and I simply hope for as little change to my life as possible.
Back to Top
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: Under Your Bed
Status: Offline
Points: 11811
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2020 at 9:05pm
I hate to say it, but if any of the recounts flip, it's going to be a messy, messy 3 months.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Back to Top
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Ask me about my Kokido

Joined: 25 July 2002
Location: South Africa
Status: Offline
Points: 4177
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2020 at 6:18am
Tinfoil had time.

I honestly think the Dems won the election. There isn't going to be any big upset, even if there is voter fraud it isn't anywhere near the levels needed to win key states.

Yes there was a jump in order of magnitude of absentee votes but that's to be expected in a pandemic.

But I don't see Joe Biden lasting his 4 years. The complete cynic in me says by March he'll withdraw due to health issues and Tah Dash first female POTUS.

MAYBE he'll get 3.75 years and in the last few he'll retire to allow Harris into the hot seat to set her up for the 2024 run but she'll be the first female POTUS before the 2024 election.
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Back to Top
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
The Savior of Christmas

Joined: 01 September 2005
Location: PRNJ
Status: Offline
Points: 5906
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2020 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Tinfoil had time.

I honestly think the Dems won the election. There isn't going to be any big upset, even if there is voter fraud it isn't anywhere near the levels needed to win key states.

Yes there was a jump in order of magnitude of absentee votes but that's to be expected in a pandemic.

But I don't see Joe Biden lasting his 4 years. The complete cynic in me says by March he'll withdraw due to health issues and Tah Dash first female POTUS.

MAYBE he'll get 3.75 years and in the last few he'll retire to allow Harris into the hot seat to set her up for the 2024 run but she'll be the first female POTUS before the 2024 election.


That isn't very tinfoil-ish.

There is a strong emphasis on the Harris name in media. I never heard Clinton/Gore, Bush/Cheney, etc nearly as regularly as Biden/Harris. The VP role always took a distant back seat.

I don't think there is a secret plan to bail out, but the man is 78 years old. It could happen.
Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: Statesboro, GA
Status: Offline
Points: 12010
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2020 at 10:49am
I don't think Biden will resign mid-term unless it's an emergency, but I don't think he'll run again in 2024. He already said as much last year. I imagine the party will run a 2024 primary with Harris as the presumptive nominee but with at least one other candidate likely running more on the left. I could also see a blue dog running more on the right, depending on how far Harris strays from Biden's center-right leanings. I cannot even begin to guess who those candidates will actually be. 

I also think Trump is going to begin immediately running for re-election as soon as his lame duck session is over. He'll campaign for four straight years. The big rally events were the only part of being president he liked. He's got his base that will probably never lose their loyalty to him as long as he's around. The GOP will probably run a big crowd again in 2024, and I have no idea what a second Trump primary is like, but I can't imagine it's much different from the first time. It's going to leave a lot of turds who barnacled themselves to Trump and his base in a weird spot, because they likely have already started setting up 2024 runs. Guys like Matt Gaetz, Dan Crenshaw and Tom Cotton. With Trump still in it for 2024, running against him could cost them dearly, and they might delay because of it. That would leave 2024 as Trump vs. the "moderate" Republicans.   


Back to Top
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Joined: 25 November 2010
Location: Phx, AZ
Status: Offline
Points: 3335
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2020 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I don't think Biden will resign mid-term unless it's an emergency, but I don't think he'll run again in 2024. He already said as much last year. I imagine the party will run a 2024 primary with Harris as the presumptive nominee but with at least one other candidate likely running more on the left. I could also see a blue dog running more on the right, depending on how far Harris strays from Biden's center-right leanings. I cannot even begin to guess who those candidates will actually be. 

I also think Trump is going to begin immediately running for re-election as soon as his lame duck session is over. He'll campaign for four straight years. The big rally events were the only part of being president he liked. He's got his base that will probably never lose their loyalty to him as long as he's around. The GOP will probably run a big crowd again in 2024, and I have no idea what a second Trump primary is like, but I can't imagine it's much different from the first time. It's going to leave a lot of turds who barnacled themselves to Trump and his base in a weird spot, because they likely have already started setting up 2024 runs. Guys like Matt Gaetz, Dan Crenshaw and Tom Cotton. With Trump still in it for 2024, running against him could cost them dearly, and they might delay because of it. That would leave 2024 as Trump vs. the "moderate" Republicans.   



https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/trump-2024-election-campaign-biden-b1722521.html

Most importantly he'll start his own media empire to milk every cent out of his supporters for the next 4 years. 
Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: Statesboro, GA
Status: Offline
Points: 12010
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2020 at 11:52am
God in heaven I've still got a whole extra month of this thanks to the Purdue/Ossoff and Loeffler/Warnock runoffs and Trump's half-assed legal challenges in Georgia. 

This election season will never goddamned end. 
Back to Top
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
The Savior of Christmas

Joined: 01 September 2005
Location: PRNJ
Status: Offline
Points: 5906
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2020 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

God in heaven I've still got a whole extra month of this thanks to the Purdue/Ossoff and Loeffler/Warnock runoffs and Trump's half-assed legal challenges in Georgia. 

This election season will never goddamned end. 


I drank copious amounts of Yuengling in the days following the election, then stopped caring.

We also need a Christmas thread, so perhaps we just derail this one?

The Draft Top makes an excellent gift for any beer drinkers in your life.
Back to Top
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Joined: 25 November 2010
Location: Phx, AZ
Status: Offline
Points: 3335
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2021 at 6:59pm
Wow.
Back to Top
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Joined: 19 September 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 11938
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2021 at 7:22pm
This was kinda predictable.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Back to Top
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Joined: 25 November 2010
Location: Phx, AZ
Status: Offline
Points: 3335
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2021 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

This was kinda predictable.

I understand that, but amazing how far this country has fallen.
Back to Top
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
The Savior of Christmas

Joined: 01 September 2005
Location: PRNJ
Status: Offline
Points: 5906
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2021 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:


Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

This was kinda predictable.


I understand that, but amazing how far this country has fallen.


I would say storming the United States Capitol was not predictable.

Did anyone enter the House chamber or only the Senate and Rotunda?

That being said, I love that people posed for pictures at Nancy's desk.

Overall... what scares me the most is the thought of the long term repercussions of today, and really the last six months of Trump. The pendulum will swing back.
Back to Top
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Joined: 19 September 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 11938
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2021 at 10:22pm
Considering that I am completely not surprised, nor am I surprised of the reaction, I am either way too jaded, or this was predictable. SHOULD the invasion of the capitol building be surprising? Absolutely. Am I surprised? No.

Edited by DeTrevni - 06 January 2021 at 10:22pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: Statesboro, GA
Status: Offline
Points: 12010
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2021 at 11:33am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

This was kinda predictable.

My entire research agenda involves researching right-wing extremism online. I am currently working on two studies looking at the spinoff /r/TheDonald website, how message framing shifts during the lame duck session (paper 1) and then after inauguration (paper 2, gotta get them pubs for tenure). 

These folks have been yelling for weeks that they were going to cause a ruckus and storm the capitol building on Jan. 6. Ever since Trump tweeted on Dec. 19 that there would be a big protest and it would "be wild." 

So on one hand I was super not surprised by anything yesterday. That hoard did exactly what they've been saying they were going to do for weeks. 

But on the other hand, I am kinda surprised still. You don't usually see online ruckus turn into real-world ruckus that cleanly. 

At least it's easier to argue the relevancy of my work now maybe who knows. 
Back to Top
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
The Savior of Christmas

Joined: 01 September 2005
Location: PRNJ
Status: Offline
Points: 5906
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2021 at 2:52pm
I was following the planned protests for weeks. I don't believe anyone planned to enter the Capitol building.
Back to Top
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Joined: 08 September 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 10840
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2021 at 3:58pm
It's been happening in state and local government buildings for quite some time now, and it's all the same people, and they all said they would do this. Fascists are here and now they have a nice big confidence boost.
Back to Top
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Joined: 25 November 2010
Location: Phx, AZ
Status: Offline
Points: 3335
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2021 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

This was kinda predictable.

My entire research agenda involves researching right-wing extremism online. I am currently working on two studies looking at the spinoff /r/TheDonald website, how message framing shifts during the lame duck session (paper 1) and then after inauguration (paper 2, gotta get them pubs for tenure). 

These folks have been yelling for weeks that they were going to cause a ruckus and storm the capitol building on Jan. 6. Ever since Trump tweeted on Dec. 19 that there would be a big protest and it would "be wild." 

So on one hand I was super not surprised by anything yesterday. That hoard did exactly what they've been saying they were going to do for weeks. 

But on the other hand, I am kinda surprised still. You don't usually see online ruckus turn into real-world ruckus that cleanly. 

At least it's easier to argue the relevancy of my work now maybe who knows. 

Trump banned from twitter, Google pulled the plug on Parler, and apple is soon to follow. 


Edited by impulse418 - 08 January 2021 at 8:38pm
Back to Top
spydercam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Like a mad scientist, but with Tippmanns

Joined: 31 January 2008
Location: Germany
Status: Offline
Points: 1000046
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2021 at 2:03pm
Without his "unlimited getting free out of jail tickets" it will be a nice entertaiment to see how he(and his criminal clan) get into jail !

I like Tippmann !!!


Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.188 seconds.